Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 12:19 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,247,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
How can you tell if a liberal is lying? His or her mouth is moving.

If we were to litigate every instance that a liberal politician besmirched the character of a conservative, it would never end.
Speech from the senate or house is protected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 12:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,686,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Speech from the senate or house is protected
Even if they are lies. So sad for America.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:40 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,247,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Even if they are lies. So sad for America.
Harry reid knew article one protected him so it is sad , Reid knew he could lie , effect the election and nothing could be done

Old 04-01-2015, 12:48 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,443,787 times
You know how you refute a lie? You prove it to be untrue. The failure to release sufficient tax information was one of the reasons I could never vote for Romney. Especially given his fathers stance on that.

Did Reid lie? Can anyone prove it?

Old 04-01-2015, 12:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,686,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You know how you refute a lie? You prove it to be untrue. The failure to release sufficient tax information was one of the reasons I could never vote for Romney. Especially given his fathers stance on that.

How could Reid possibly know if another individual NEVER paid taxes for 20 years without doing something illegal to see if those returns existed ?

Reid said that out of the blue to sway the election knowing he'd get away with it.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:38 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,371,745 times
Quote:

I agree that Reid should be taken out and tarred and feathered for his lies. I agree that the easiest way for Romney to have overcome this was to simply release his taxes and call Harry out on his lies.

Part of the problem is the absolute reluctance on the part of nearly all candidates to be completely outright and truthful. They have to have everything tightly controlled. When something like this pops up that they were not expecting or had planned for they can't get their campaigns to figure out how to handle it until long after the damage is done when the best way is to simply address it truthfully.

Romney was so afraid to simply state "Yeah, I'm rich, so what"? I doubt Romney's taxes would show anything different than Harry's.

I do remember the arguments though that Kerry shouldn't have to release his military record.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:54 PM

8,907 posts, read 5,402,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

I do remember the arguments though that Kerry shouldn't have to release his military record.
But that's different ...... somehow .

Old 04-01-2015, 01:58 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,443,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
But that's different ...... somehow .
Depends. Do most presidential candidates do it? If not...then yes that is different. If its common for them too, then no its not different at all.

But Kerry released hundreds of records, just as Bush did. So whats your exact complaint?

Old 04-01-2015, 02:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,262,447 times
Quote:

I lose respect more and more for Democrats with every posting I read.

You dont need to prove someones allegations are false, you need to prove they are true

We live in a nation, INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY..

Given you think allegations need to be proven untrue, then clearly you call for Clintons to release her emails right?

Ooh no, you dont? HYPOCRITE...

Old 04-01-2015, 02:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,262,447 times
Quote:
Depends. Do most presidential candidates do it? If not...then yes that is different. If its common for them too, then no its not different at all.

But Kerry released hundreds of records, just as Bush did. So whats your exact complaint?
Do most people run their own email servers? WHATS SHE HIDING?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies