Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 04:26 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,437,514 times

Advertisements

The real consequence is that Republicans will now double down in their lies knowing that the Democrats have zero integrity or desire to be ethical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 04:31 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,428,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Are you one of those nutters who thinks that Mormons aren't Christian?

Harry Reid is Mormon too, so that's pretty irrelevant.
Nah, I could care less which imaginary being they believe in to be honest. Mormons are very different from generic Christians however. But again, I don't really care.

Quote:
Yeah it was mighty stupid of Romney to even hesitate. Then again, it was mighty stupid of Obama to refuse to release his college records and it didn't seem to matter. Obama has a past history of excessive drug use and it didn't matter. It's very strange that Obama's past was irrelevant, but Romney's past was make-or-break. How very hypocritical of the Dems.
No president has ever voluntarily released their school records. And just about every single one in my lifetime did drugs when younger. Although it would not surprise me to learn that Romney was the exception. its become very normal for a candidate to release up to a decade of tax statements....something Romneys father spearheaded.

Quote:
At this point, running for president is a fool's game. Romney wasn't even my guy. I thought that the GOP should have found better candidates, but they didn't and they lost the election because of it. But with the benefit of hindsight, having Romney as POTUS would have been vastly better. Obama has been terrible. I'm ashamed that I voted for him in 2008.
Shrug, While its nice to think Romney would have been better, I doubt it. The GOP sucks for candidates, and so far no Dem candidate has stepped up thats worthwhile either. Its bad.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:32 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,897,206 times
And to think, all Romney had to do was release his taxes (as every other candidate had done) and prove Reid wrong. And yet he didn't. Why?

One would think if someone was lying about you and you could prove it was a lie, you would do so.

But if it wasn't a lie...well, then, you would bluster and bloviate and act all offended, but refuse to put up or shut up.

Which is exactly what Romney did.

Hmm....

Old 04-01-2015, 04:33 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,428,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The real consequence is that Republicans will now double down in their lies knowing that the Democrats have zero integrity or desire to be ethical.
LOL. Yes good ol Republicans the party of ethics. Do you know where the term "swiftboating" comes from?

Old 04-01-2015, 04:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,236,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Shrug, nope no requirement, just as there is no requirement for me to vote for him, etc etc. Whats your point there?
The point of course is you claiming its ok for people to just make up lies about people, and then justify not voting for someone based upon lies.

Waiting for you to call to have obamas children removed, after all, I have it on good authority he's raping them, almost daily.
Quote:
And please, Romney wasn't going to address tax dodging. Thats hilarious.
Neither is Obama, but then that wasnt what I said, is it? I said he'd know about them more than someone who doesnt use them, which of course is a fact.

Quote:
Oh please. your partisanship is amazing there.
Coming from you and you're justification for defending lies, that's humorous..

Old 04-01-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
No president has ever voluntarily released their school records.
Cop out.. the public wanted to see them, according to your standard, backed by Romney seniors statement, he should have published them..

NO STANDARDS..

Old 04-01-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And to think, all Romney had to do was release his taxes (as every other candidate had done) and prove Reid wrong. And yet he didn't. Why?

One would think if someone was lying about you and you could prove it was a lie, you would do so.

But if it wasn't a lie...well, then, you would bluster and bloviate and act all offended, but refuse to put up or shut up.

Which is exactly what Romney did.

Hmm....
No, I dont expect people to disprove lies, i expect people to prove they are true. But then I've got morals..

Clinton could have released her emails, why didnt so prove all the accusations against her were lies?

Old 04-01-2015, 04:48 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,437,514 times
Quote:
Actually no he could not. He is a public figure, and speech before congress is protected. This had nothing to do with the Mormon acting very christian.

Again...His own father was well known for running against Nixon, and releasing a ton of tax return information. Reading your response you think someone showing poor judgement, and using every tax dodge possible makes a good president? That DOES demonstrate how incredibly gullible many Americans are all right.
The NYT is prepared to discuss the Clinton's tax return - and they have used every possible dodge including off-shore accounts.

As for bad judgment, there is no comparison between Romney and either Clinton. Those two make Satan look like an angel.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The NYT is prepared to discuss the Clinton's tax return - and they have used every possible dodge including off-shore accounts.

As for bad judgment, there is no comparison between Romney and either Clinton. Those two make Satan look like an angel.
And dont forget how the Clintons get $16 MILLION a year in taxpayers dollars to fund their organization, but these people will support them regardless..

They somehow think its ok that people get governmental handouts but dont dare save your own money.. NOOOO

Look at some of them supporting Al Gore, who's making how many hundreds of millions off "tax swaps" for carbon footprints.. not a peep out of them..

Old 04-01-2015, 04:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,646,436 times
Quote:
LOL. yes the lily white Conservatives......

Reid has said he was told this by someone else familiar with Romney, and in a position to know.

Personally I agree, I find it highly unlikely that Romney paid 0. BUT....it is possible. More likely is that other irregularities would have upset people.

In the end....Romney could have dealt with Reid very simply, and done as his father did-which is release more then a couple years of tax records.
So you're saying that telling lies is ok as long as it's up to the other guy to prove him wrong ?

No wonder America is sinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies