Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 12:46 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Funny how the person claiming in here that as a so-called Republican he cares about jobs and national security all the while proclaiming that the party had better embrace amnesty for illegal aliens or face losing the Hispanic vote. How does adding millions of illegal aliens to our society permanently equate to increasing job prospects for Americans? How does a lax enforcement policy and rewards for illegal aliens equate to better national security?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 12:51 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Dems own the Latino vote

Pubs can kiss the Latino vote goodbye, as is the case every election. Their bigoted ideology, action on immigration, and narrow-minded views towards all minorities, sinks them... as usual.

Usually when an election year approaches, we hear Republican candidates try to sound more moderate, tolerant, and inclusive. Suddenly they're concerned about immigration and income inequality. Latinos are too smart to fall for that nonsense.

Dems OWN the Latino vote.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
But do they hate illegal immigrants? Seriously though, anyone 3rd generation or farther (other than Cubans and Puerto Ricans for obvious reasons) has a family member who came here illegally. In my case, my grandfather came here illegally and my grandmother was an anchor baby. With the way policies worked back then, he was allowed to enlist and granted citizenship in the field at Guadalcanal. I am not sure when her parents were given citizenship, but they were allowed to remain in the US and granted worker visas (and never used welfare). My grandmother ended up entering the defense industry during WWII and worked for 50 years for the same company before retiring at 70; and then continued to work until the age of 88 as an in home care provider for "elderly" patients who were mostly younger than her.

I certainly hate illegal immigration, but I hate the process that creates it rather than the people who immigrate illegally. Family visas (only available to those with immediate relatives who are US citizens) from Mexico take two decades and family visas are counted against non-family visa quotas (Mexico has had no non-family visas since 1965 when the Hart–Celler Act first implemented a combined quota for western hemisphere countries). There is no line to get in.

Amnesty, of course, will be offered as the solution. Amnesty is not just a band-aid. It is the wrong answer. On top of that, I don't think immigration is the deal breaker for Hispanics that every thinks it is. Hispanics are going to college in record numbers and rates, but not finishing college. As a very heterogeneous group, they place an extremely high value on education. Deal with _that_ issue and you start winning Hispanic voters.

Illegal aliens aren't allowed to join our military so I don't know how your grandfather was allowed to enlist. Illegal immigration back then wasn't as serious a problem as it is today either. We have policies in place today for good reasons. We cannot allow everyone in here that wants to come for any reason including having a relative here. Why should that matter anyway? Are we the only soil that relatives can reunite on?

Amnesty is no solution at all. It will just encourage more to come. When does it end? No, you're wrong. The majority of Hispanics (whom are mostly from Mexican roots) do want amnesty and it is a deal breaker for them. Sorry, but Hispanics also have the highest drop out rate in our schools so I don't know where you are getting the false information that the opposite is true.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:02 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Pubs can kiss the Latino vote goodbye, as is the case every election. Their bigoted ideology, action on immigration, and narrow-minded views towards all minorities, sinks them... as usual.

Usually when an election year approaches, we hear Republican candidates try to sound more moderate, tolerant, and inclusive. Suddenly they're concerned about immigration and income inequality. Latinos are too smart to fall for that nonsense.

Dems OWN the Latino vote.

Name 1 Republican policy in the last 40 years that is bigoted towards Latinos? name 1

action on immigration is NO on amnesty and follow the law......how is that bigoted towards all Latinos?

Latinos have been giving the Democrat party their vote and they have been taken for granted, how is that working out? More Latinos on poverty, unemployed and on welfare than before.....yeah Democrats got the Latinos where they want them, DEPENDENT on the government and they can't do anything for themselves without a big welfare state.....I'm sure Latinos must feel proud about that accomplishment.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:13 PM

see, you ask all these low information voters to name 1 Republican policy in the last 40 years that is bigoted against Latinos......they can't name 1.

If you are against amnesty and illegal immigration because it hurts more the unskilled and low education low income communities which are a big % of Latinos and African-American communities they call you a racist.......poor souls can't see that it affects more their group than the whities....

But they keep voting Democrat no matter what....that's like Roaches being for Raid.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
see, you ask all these low information voters to name 1 Republican policy in the last 40 years that is bigoted against Latinos......they can't name 1.

If you are against amnesty and illegal immigration because it hurts more the unskilled and low education low income communities which are a big % of Latinos and African-American communities they call you a racist.......poor souls can't see that it affects more their group than the whities....

But they keep voting Democrat no matter what....that's like Roaches being for Raid.
I know, their arguments are pathetic! We have nothing against immigrants who come here in reasonable numbers including Latinos so how is it racist not to want to harm our own American workers by not desiring amnesty for these law breakers to compete for jobs and resources here?

Old 04-02-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I know, their arguments are pathetic! We have nothing against immigrants who come here in reasonable numbers including Latinos so how is it racist not to want to harm our own American workers by not desiring amnesty for these law breakers to compete for jobs and resources here?

and then when the wages are low and unemployment high for the uneducated and unskilled latinos and African American communities because of illegal immigration they turn to the democrats so they can tell them who to blame, the "privilege whitey" and the rich conservatives....Not the rich liberals, they are cool!

If I was an African-American or Latino (I'm half) and we keep voting Democrat and nothing changes in our communities, it gets worse, don't you think the little bulb in our brain will light up and realize to stop giving the democrat party our votes blindly for granted?....what will it take, my GOD!

From illegals, to education to economics most liberal policies have hurt the Latino and African-American communities and they keep voting the same party that champions those failed policies.

When will they learn!

Old 04-02-2015, 04:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
and then when the wages are low and unemployment high for the uneducated and unskilled latinos and African American communities because of illegal immigration they turn to the democrats so they can tell them who to blame, the "privilege whitey" and the rich conservatives....Not the rich liberals, they are cool!

If I was an African-American or Latino (I'm half) and we keep voting Democrat and nothing changes in our communities, it gets worse, don't you think the little bulb in our brain will light up and realize to stop giving the democrat party our votes blindly for granted?....what will it take, my GOD!

From illegals, to education to economics most liberal policies have hurt the Latino and African-American communities and they keep voting the same party that champions those failed policies.

When will they learn!
Yeah...put the onus on blacks and Hispanics to fix the issue.

When illegal immigrants supplanted millions of whites in construction, textiles, agriculture, meatpacking, etc, what did white folks do about it?

Not a damn thing. In fact, they voted for Reagan, championed cheap labor, and excoriated unions.

So don't charge minorities with doing the job that white folks didn't do when they had a chance.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:09 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
I believe the 40% number is probably off. I think it's more like 30%. Romney won the white vote by 59%, but lost the non-white vote by 80%. I calculate that if Romney had won the non-white vote by just 30%, he would have won the election.

Still the larger point is spot on. I think the GOP can and will increase its share of the Hispanic vote, but it will take time. Right now there are 3 Hispanic GOP governors (Sandoval, Martinez, and Labrador) and zero Democratic Hispanic governors. There also are 2 Hispanic GOP contenders for the 2016 nomination, and probably zero Democrats.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...put the onus on blacks and Hispanics to fix the issue.

When illegal immigrants supplanted millions of whites in construction, textiles, agriculture, meatpacking, etc, what did white folks do about it?

Not a damn thing. In fact, they voted for Reagan, championed cheap labor, and excoriated unions.

So don't charge minorities with doing the job that white folks didn't do when they had a chance.

you really want the U.S. citizens to compete in wages with illegals in construction, textiles, agriculture, meatpacking? Do you have any idea what is the MIN. WAGES in Central America?

Unions? the ones that Hoffa and the gangsters took over to money laundered their illegal activities all for the common folks and the working man? LMAO!!!

I charge the illegals who come to this country who have NO loyalty what so ever to our nation and break our laws to make money under the table using fake/stolen I.D. so they send all that money back to their homeland while the taxpayers are stuck with the bill of them using our social services and send their kids to our schools for free! and the Americans business knowingly who give them jobs for cheap labor bringing the wages down and unemployment up in the low income communities for them to make a profit.....screw them both.

You give a pass to the illegals......please!......you think Mexico and Central America countries will take our poor and uneducated Americans and give them benefits and free education to their children and let them take the jobs from them?.....you must be unfamiliar with the immigration laws in Mexico and Central America....they make the U.S. laws look like OPEN BORDERS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies