Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 08:31 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
Just a few days ago, the Supreme Leader ayatollah Khomeini shouted "Death to America!"
“Death to America” is often chanted by the crowds at rallies in Iran. In fact, the slogan has been chanted for more than three decades at state events, including Friday prayers.
Iran's clerics say the slogan “reflects the Islamic never-ending doctrine of resistance to imperialism, and also symbolizes Iran's strength."

The Iranian Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) recently made clear that the United States “is still the great Satan and the number one enemy of the (Islamic) revolution, and the Islamic Republic and the Iranian nation".

Khamenei himself has in the past referred to the United States as “Satan”, claiming that the United States is “the greatest violator of human rights in the world.”

Khamenei also challenged the message to Iranians by Obama, in which the president said the nuclear talks represented the best opportunity in decades to pursue a different relationship between the two countries. The Iranian goal is hegemony over the region, and that policy will not change. In fact, the bomb would give them instant hegemony and set off a nuclear arms race. Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Turkey would either purchase a bomb or develop one. Egypt and Jordan have already signed agreements with Russia to build nuclear reactors, in anticipation of an Obama cave-in the nuclear negotiations.

The aggressive and radical Islamic nature of the regime ensures that it will always be an arch enemy of the US. It is only a matter of time before it possesses a nuclear-armed missile capable of hitting America.
And how many of these "Death to America" Bozos have you ever seen putting their own sorry asses on the line?

And IF their goal is "hegemony over the region", it should be left to the countries of the region to counter that goal.

I'll note Khruschev threatened to bury us yet somehow we managed to survive without nuking the USSR, trash talking is simply not a viable reason for a war of choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 08:34 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
If I was in Iran, and lived through the US supporting and giving Iraq Chemical Weapons, to kill my Countrymen, and seen the Invasion of Iraq, by the US, its one time friend, and what they did to those people, and the Country, I would want to have all kinds of Nukes to protect myself from the US.
I've said this many times. You fight to protect yourself and your country not your government.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:34 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisxx View Post
I happen to agree that the US shouldn't be the world police. I also like the fact that at least 3 Arab countries that normally aren't friends with Israel is working together to form plans against Iran. Heck it is nice to see Saudi taking a leading role in Yemen
EXACTLY! And I believe the only way to encourage the countries of the region to work together at stabilizing the region is to place more and more of the burden on them, to let them know they're responsible for policing their own region.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Yes, in the event of a massed bomber attack by the Soviets or an ICBM attack.

Iran is not capable of doing either.

Nonetheless, you're welcome to remain hiding under your desk.

I guess next they'll start rolling dice.

I'm waiting for, "The Ouija Board says so...."

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
The fallacy occurs when the act of prophesying will itself produce the effect that is prophesied, but the reasoner doesn’t recognize this and believes the prophesy is a significant insight.

Since we all know the dog is going to snarl and snap at you, you should continue to beat, kick, torture and harass the dog at every opportunity....

.... until it actually does.

Then you'll be right.

There's no such thing. That's fear-mongering at it's finest.

Prophesying...

Mircea
Love the analogy! People b*** and moan about Iran screaming death to America, yet we have the warmongers like McCain and others saying we should bomb them! Can you say hypocrisy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Iran is less of a threat to the USA than I am to Chuck Norris.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I'll water your lawn for you since you are going over there to fight them. When do you think you'll get back?
I have a better idea, it's a bit dangerous for you to do that, so send some teenagers over there and let them sacrifice their lives for your causes even though no nation has attacked us.

LOL! For a small fee, I'll mow his lawn in his absence.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:12 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
Just a few days ago, the Supreme Leader ayatollah Khomeini shouted "Death to America!"
“Death to America” is often chanted by the crowds at rallies in Iran. In fact, the slogan has been chanted for more than three decades at state events, including Friday prayers.
Iran's clerics say the slogan “reflects the Islamic never-ending doctrine of resistance to imperialism, and also symbolizes Iran's strength."

The Iranian Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) recently made clear that the United States “is still the great Satan and the number one enemy of the (Islamic) revolution, and the Islamic Republic and the Iranian nation".

Khamenei himself has in the past referred to the United States as “Satan”, claiming that the United States is “the greatest violator of human rights in the world.”

Khamenei also challenged the message to Iranians by Obama, in which the president said the nuclear talks represented the best opportunity in decades to pursue a different relationship between the two countries. The Iranian goal is hegemony over the region, and that policy will not change. In fact, the bomb would give them instant hegemony and set off a nuclear arms race. Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Turkey would either purchase a bomb or develop one. Egypt and Jordan have already signed agreements with Russia to build nuclear reactors, in anticipation of an Obama cave-in the nuclear negotiations.

The aggressive and radical Islamic nature of the regime ensures that it will always be an arch enemy of the US. It is only a matter of time before it possesses a nuclear-armed missile capable of hitting America.
Yes some of their leaders said bad things ( I think we have heard that before) still the younger and more educated Iranians are more reasonable and there is hope for the future. They have some issues but still one of the ME countries most like the us.

I recall negotiating with the Soviet Union after they actually did something like putting missiles in Cuba, Iran hasn't done anything to us.

You're getting ahead of yourself with other nations getting nuclear capability.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:17 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisxx View Post
I agree the USA is not in an immediate threat from Iran. My post are in regards to countries within Europe and the Middles East.
Israel has a nuclear arsenal. So do Britain and France. All NATO allies are under the US nuclear umbrella.

Someone please explain how Iran is now such a huge threat.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:17 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Iran is less of a threat to the USA than I am to Chuck Norris.

If you're wearing a suicide bomb vest, you just might be a threat to Chuck Norris.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:20 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
If you're wearing a suicide bomb vest, you just might be a threat to Chuck Norris.

But I'm not, so I'm not.

If your aunt grew a beard, she'd be your uncle.

Your point?

Old 04-02-2015, 09:24 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I'm waiting for, "The Ouija Board says so...."

Mircea
Yes, you go ahead and consult with your Ouija Board. No doubt you will find the answers from beyond.*

*See, others can also take your posting out of context by omitting most of it and only citing the part you like.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:27 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
But I'm not, so I'm not.

If your aunt grew a beard, she'd be your uncle.

Your point?
My point? Is it not obvious?
Iran cannot be allowed to be armed with nuclear weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies