Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 08:05 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,013,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is very scary that Iran will have a nuclear bomb. I don't know what is wrong with Obama and Kerry, are they being paid off?? Kerry doesn't need the money. It is just insane to think that the world is going to be a better place when Iran has the bomb.
It wouldn't be a better place. There are multiple countries within Europe and Middle East that do not want Iran having such a weapon.

Quote:
Of course North Korea has had the bomb for a long time and they are just as much of a threat but at least they have been somewhat stable under the Jong Un regime. The trouble with the Middle East is that it is still after all these centuries a very volatile place that breeds exrtreme terrorist groups.
Yes the Middle East is a volatile place for sure will continue to get worse over time. Iran already has fighters in 3 separate countries.

Quote:
Imagine Iran with a nuclear missile, where would it be aimed? Isreal. Imagine some radical group, al queda, isis getting to that missile and to spread their message of hate and fear and to wipe "the infidels" from the earth they launch it. Isreal is destroyed, millions die and suffer.
Well Iran will get a nuke sooner or later that is for sure. It could be aimed at quite a few countries within the Middle East but yea Israel would probably be #1. After all an Iranian General just said yesterday that erasing Israel off the map is Nonnegotiable. The day that Israel is about to be destroyed is the day you will see Israel use nukes which I hope never happens.

Quote:
What will the world do?
Quite a few Arab countries are working together to form a plan for Iran. Heck even some of those countries are even working with Israel so that should tell you a lot.

Quote:
Will Obama think he made a huge mistake?
Obama doesn't care because he is almost out of office. He just want a legacy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And the wise move would be to let those countries attend to the issue.
They are attending to the issue.

Quote:
Since you choose to make this a conservative/liberal issue I find it laughable how conservatives use the same old tired reasoning that we should just go off half-cocked in all corners of world expecting others to do our bidding despite all evidence to the contrary that it just doesn't work that way.
It wasn't me that made it about conservative/liberal issue, it was several people within this thread. Funny how you say that about conservative when the same can be said about liberals and how they quoting they have so much evidence about so many issues.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:09 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I am not worried. As a child in the early 1960s I was thoroughly trained in the science of 'duck and cover'.
Yes, in the event of a massed bomber attack by the Soviets or an ICBM attack.

Iran is not capable of doing either.

Nonetheless, you're welcome to remain hiding under your desk.

Quote:
They will possibly develop a bomb which they might use which would probably contribute to climate change?

I see the bar on reasons we go to war seems to get lower all the time.
I guess next they'll start rolling dice.

I'm waiting for, "The Ouija Board says so...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is very scary that Iran will have a nuclear bomb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisxx View Post
There is no possibly to it. They will build one sooner or later.
Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
The fallacy occurs when the act of prophesying will itself produce the effect that is prophesied, but the reasoner doesn’t recognize this and believes the prophesy is a significant insight.

Since we all know the dog is going to snarl and snap at you, you should continue to beat, kick, torture and harass the dog at every opportunity....

.... until it actually does.

Then you'll be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
They have had enough Radioactive Material to make a thousand Dirty Bombs....
There's no such thing. That's fear-mongering at it's finest.

Prophesying...

Mircea

Old 04-02-2015, 08:10 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Default An Iranian bomb would be a MAJOR threat to YOUR security

Iran is less of a threat to the USA than I am to Chuck Norris.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
The fallacy occurs when the act of prophesying will itself produce the effect that is prophesied, but the reasoner doesn’t recognize this and believes the prophesy is a significant insight.

Since we all know the dog is going to snarl and snap at you, you should continue to beat, kick, torture and harass the dog at every opportunity....

.... until it actually does.

Then you'll be right.
That is not even related to what I said

Old 04-02-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Iran is less of a threat to the USA than I am to Chuck Norris.
I agree the USA is not in an immediate threat from Iran. My post are in regards to countries within Europe and the Middles East.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:22 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisxx View Post
I agree the USA is not in an immediate threat from Iran. My post are in regards to countries within Europe and Middles East.
And shouldn't we have learned by now what a fool's errand it is attempting to fight others' fights for them?

Personally, I think it's a great thing to see ME countries uniting in the fight against ISIS, I doubt that would happen if we attempted to control the show, to see them unite against Iran would also be a very good thing. IMO, the biggest threat to the US is continuing with the ludicrous notion we are and should be the world police while ignoring our own domestic problems.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:26 AM

714 posts, read 355,952 times
Just a few days ago, the Supreme Leader ayatollah Khomeini shouted "Death to America!"
“Death to America” is often chanted by the crowds at rallies in Iran. In fact, the slogan has been chanted for more than three decades at state events, including Friday prayers.
Iran's clerics say the slogan “reflects the Islamic never-ending doctrine of resistance to imperialism, and also symbolizes Iran's strength."

The Iranian Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) recently made clear that the United States “is still the great Satan and the number one enemy of the (Islamic) revolution, and the Islamic Republic and the Iranian nation".

Khamenei himself has in the past referred to the United States as “Satan”, claiming that the United States is “the greatest violator of human rights in the world.”

Khamenei also challenged the message to Iranians by Obama, in which the president said the nuclear talks represented the best opportunity in decades to pursue a different relationship between the two countries. The Iranian goal is hegemony over the region, and that policy will not change. In fact, the bomb would give them instant hegemony and set off a nuclear arms race. Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Turkey would either purchase a bomb or develop one. Egypt and Jordan have already signed agreements with Russia to build nuclear reactors, in anticipation of an Obama cave-in the nuclear negotiations.

The aggressive and radical Islamic nature of the regime ensures that it will always be an arch enemy of the US. It is only a matter of time before it possesses a nuclear-armed missile capable of hitting America.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
And shouldn't we have learned by now what a fool's errand it is attempting to fight others' fights for them?

Personally, I think it's a great thing to see ME countries uniting in the fight against ISIS, to see them unite against Iran would also be a very good thing to see. IMO, the biggest threat to the US is continuing with the ludicrous notion we are and should be the world police while ignoring our own domestic problems.
I happen to agree that the US shouldn't be the world police. I also like the fact that at least 3 Arab countries that normally aren't friends with Israel is working together to form plans against Iran. Heck it is nice to see Saudi taking a leading role in Yemen

Old 04-02-2015, 08:31 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
That's right, stick your head in the sand and keep repeating the above over and over again.
I'll water your lawn for you since you are going over there to fight them. When do you think you'll get back?
I have a better idea, it's a bit dangerous for you to do that, so send some teenagers over there and let them sacrifice their lives for your causes even though no nation has attacked us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies