Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 12:05 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You really think that people sag their pants at a job interview?

Anyway, the law is dumb and will be tossed on challenge.
Yes, we've had one applicant that I know of come to their interview in saggy pants. Others show up with facial tattoo's, facial piercings, other inappropriate attire, etc... Needless to say, that's not the look that gets you hired around here.

I also agree the law is dumb and will get tossed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 12:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Yes, we've had one applicant that I know of come to their interview in saggy pants. Others show up with facial tattoo's, facial piercings, other inappropriate attire, etc... Needless to say, that's not the look that gets you hired around here.

I also agree the law is dumb and will get tossed.
Look, can we agree that someone showing up for a job interview with his boxers showing is about as rare as a UFO sighting?

Old 04-02-2015, 12:10 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Louisiana Town to Begin Arresting People for Sagging Pants & Daisy Dukes | The Free Thought Project

Agree with the ACLU on this one.

The question is, does the government have the right to limit what and how you wear your clothes?

To what limit?

I know some court ruled several years ago that women arent required to wear tops.. Cant see how daisy dukes would be deemed illegal by the courts.
It's a local law, where the laws should be.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:10 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Anyway, the law is dumb and will be tossed on challenge.

is it dumb because its really dumb or because you want walk around with your ass showing, and if you don't want to show your ass then why would it matter that its dumb.

cant you see the big picture, government just trying to clean up the neighborhood that the public wont do. clean neighborhood is new business, new jobs, better condition, so why do you want to walk around with you ass showing. no nothing do with freedom, why do you want to show everybody your stain underwear

Old 04-02-2015, 12:31 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Really?

It's okay to show your ass to the public?
Why would you do this? You know it's not true. (unless you are counting lower cheek in Daisy Dukes and we can see that on TV)

Quote:
Ever heard of public decorum?

It's okay to walk around looking like a convict?
Like it or not, yes it is.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I think people just need to be aware of how ridiculous they look in the way some of them dress.
When I was young people used to tell me that about my long hair.

Quote:
Some businesses will not serve people who are shirtless or without shoes, which has been a rule in some places for many many years. So, there have been limits set in the past. Some people just look disgusting. Businesses should be allowed to discriminate (set their own rules). I don't know that there needs to be a law. Of course nudity on the beach in most places is banned.

I don't see why women can't go topless on a beach, however. What's the big deal with boobs? I think they're pretty.
As far as I'm concerned if a business wants to set limits, have at it. I've been clear that I believe business owners should be able or not be able to serve whoever they please.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I absolutely support a business's right to refuse service based on someone being deemed improperly dressed. When I was a DJ in the Cleveland area just about every club had a sign referencing their dress codes which went basically like this.... no scull caps, no dew rags, no white tees, no hoodies, no ball caps turned sideways or worn backwards (if they were even allowed at all) no jerseys... You get the idea. It was basically to try and keep the gangbanger or wanna be gangbanger types out. Now, not everyone who dressed like that was a gangbanger of course. But the clubs felt that the gangbanger types were the ones who caused the most problems. Mix in excessive drinking too, and things could interesting really quick.

I also support the idea of women going topless on a beach! It's one of the very few things that they do in Europe, that I wouldn't mind seeing here! Us men can go shirtless at the beach, so why not women?
I'm all for smacking the hat off anyone wearing it sideways. I always hoped someone would have done that to C.C. Sabathia. (See I have my limits also) I wouldn't have made it a law though.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
is it dumb because its really dumb or because you want walk around with your ass showing, and if you don't want to show your ass then why would it matter that its dumb.

cant you see the big picture, government just trying to clean up the neighborhood that the public wont do. clean neighborhood is new business, new jobs, better condition, so why do you want to walk around with you ass showing. no nothing do with freedom, why do you want to show everybody your stain underwear
Yeah...It's because I like walking around with my ass showing. Easier access for those that can kiss my behind.

So next time you see me, you'd better pucker up, or else.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:49 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When I was young people used to tell me that about my long hair.

As far as I'm concerned if a business wants to set limits, have at it. I've been clear that I believe business owners should be able or not be able to serve whoever they please.
I remember when my mom used to b*** at me when I had long hair. When I was in high school in my earlier years she would control how long I could grow it. Come my senior year she left me alone, and so I let the back go quite a bit, down to my shoulder blades. I graduated in 1991. It wasn't until 1992 that I got it cut. Reason being, a girl. Unfortunately, shortly after I cut it she broke up with me. Oh well... wasn't meant to be. But my mom was shocked as hell when I walked in the door with short hair. She will credit herself of that using her logic of eventually leaving me alone about it worked, and that's cool. A couple of years later I went even shorter and started rocking a buzz cut, and to this day that is how I wear my hair. In fact when I do buzz it, I take it almost down so there is just a tiny bit of fuzz. Much more clean cut, and definitely more comfortable in the summer. And, in the winter I wear a wool hat to keep my head warm, whereas when I was a teen, I would NEVER dream of it, as I didn't want to screw up my hair by wearing a winter hat on the way to school!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm all for smacking the hat off anyone wearing it sideways. I always hoped someone would have done that to C.C. Sabathia. (See I have my limits also) I wouldn't have made it a law though.

It is a stupid look, and I'm all for that too, but I agree, we don't need the government involved. What about wearing it backwards?

Old 04-02-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It is a stupid look, and I'm all for that too, but I agree, we don't need the government involved. What about wearing it backwards?
Depends. Did you just take off your welders helmet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies