Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 02:14 PM

96 posts, read 85,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Say that when inspectors have verified no operating centrifuges, removal of all weapon grade uranium from Iran and stored somewhere under UN world court control, and with the blessing of the US Senate, the US will temporarily lift its economic sanctions on Iran, subject to review every 60 days for the next 100 years, and any violation of the terms of the deal will result in immediate resumption of sanctions and additional punitive sanctions for back-sassing us.

But like Euro or American goofs, he'll do what Iran wants first and hope they hold up their end of the bargain, and the future agreement will be written exactly that way. Do things for Iran first, and maybe later on iran will do what they are supposed, buy probably not and who cares since I won't be in office by then.
I'm finding it interesting that you went from a statement of uncertainty "there's no deal written out yet" to a statement of surety "Obama will give them everything they want".

Would you like to make up your mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The talks have already been extended twice as part of more than a decade of diplomatic attempts to curb Tehran’s nuclear advance. Like everything Obama does, he sees no consequences if he fails. No consequences for him – for our country, however ….
What consequences?

Might I remind you that Bush walked away from negotiating with NK and they went ahead and got nukes.

What harm did extending the deadline do beside hurting your feelings? Or would you rather we invade Iran, too?

Old 04-02-2015, 02:19 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama's remarks were carried live on Iranian TV! That is simply mind boggling. It's not Nixon:China or Reagan:Soviet Union, but if it comes to fruition, the deal with Iran is definitely legacy material for Obama.
You may think a U.S. negotiated deal with Iran will be the president’s legacy, but the way things are going, Obama may go down as the Chamberlain of this century.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:20 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama's remarks were carried live on Iranian TV! That is simply mind boggling. It's not Nixon:China or Reagan:Soviet Union, but if it comes to fruition, the deal with Iran is definitely legacy material for Obama.
And that's one of the primary reasons Republican's wanted negotiations to fail. Obama cannot be the president that (whether credit is due or not) wrapped-up two meaningless wars, got Bin Laden, AND thawed relations with two of our biggest enemies. That is serious foreign policy legacy material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I guess not all Republicans. I was very surprised. Good to see something done on that side of the
world, not involving troops

Hannity in Heated Argument With Pat Buchanan Over Iran: "You Should Like Obama!" | Video | RealClearPolitics
Because Pat is a xenophobic old crank. He was "out there" back in the day, but is a sane intellectual compared to the current crop of pants-on-head derpers.
His The American Conservative is a good read when looking for nuanced, non-insane conservative viewpoints.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:21 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Yet, Iran still pledges to destroy our closest ally.

How am I not to think our president is a closet Muslim, Jew hating traitor?

Old 04-02-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
You may think a U.S. negotiated deal with Iran will be the president’s legacy, but the way things are going, Obama may go down as the Chamberlain of this century.
Would you rather we start bombing Iran and send in ground troops?

Old 04-02-2015, 02:23 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yet, Iran still pledges to destroy our closest ally.

How am I not to think our president is a closet Muslim, Jew hating traitor?
The problem is that you think. Quit it and your head won't hurt so much. Great advice for all Cons and repug's

Old 04-02-2015, 02:25 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The problem is that you think. Quit it and your head won't hurt so much. Great advice for all Cons and repug's
The problem with conservatives is that we think. Makes sense I guess.

How do you not think? Drugs? Maybe that's how Obama got elected.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:26 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
The issue of importance is surprisingly reported by one of Obama’s best loyalists, the New York Times:http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/30/wo...deal.html?_r=0

You have to hand it to the ayatollah. He has played Obama's negotiators well.

Can Obama be that stupid? Yes, he can.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:27 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroZombie View Post
I think the conservatives are in shock right now. They were really sure that Obama's team would fail to reach a deal with Iran. I think they've been hoping for another decade long war that cost trillions of dollars just to spite Obama.
The conservatives always knew Obama would reach a deal with Iran because he was ready, even eager, to sell out his country, Israel and the rest of the non-terrorist world just to be able to say he'd made the deal. Leftist morons never care about the consequences of their actions, only their intent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies