Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 12:18 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times

Advertisements

Officials announced on Thursday that six world powers and Iran have reached an agreement to a framework for a final deal on Iran's controversial nuclear program. It paves the way for talks aimed at reaching a comprehensive agreement by the end of June.

"Reading a statement on behalf of negotiators, [EU foreign affairs chief Federica] Mogherini specified that Europe will end all nuclear-related economic and financial sanctions on Iran under the future deal. The United States will end similar sanctions upon verification of the agreement by the International Atomic Energy Agency."

Iran And World Powers Agree On Framework For Nuclear Deal

According to the deal, Iran will retain only one enrichment facility, Natanz, while the Fordo fortified site will be converted into a scientific center. And now the work begins to draft the text of the deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 12:27 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,816 times
It might be too early to celebrate, and I'm fairly confident the GOP traitors will try again to sabotage US foreign policy and launch a war-for-profit, but I'm more hopeful than I've been in awhile.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:31 PM

96 posts, read 85,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
It might be too early to celebrate, and I'm fairly confident the GOP traitors will try again to sabotage US foreign policy and launch a war-for-profit, but I'm more hopeful than I've been in awhile.
It astounds me to see how much GOP want Obama to fail at everything, even if it burns down the country. They'd rather we get into another decade long war than see Obama succeed with the negotiations.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:33 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroZombie View Post
It astounds me to see how much GOP want Obama to fail at everything, even if it burns down the country. They'd rather we get into another decade long war than see Obama succeed with the negotiations.

Aw, now, give 'em more credit than that. Besides destroying Obama, they could also make millions by spilling the blood of American soldiers in yet another useless war. It's a twofer, see?

Old 04-02-2015, 12:33 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,524,261 times
Reading all the responses from Republicans here, one would think there's a provision where Obama personally hands the ayatollah a nuclear weapon. Somehow, I don't think that's the case. We'll see if any Republicans read the link, and respond with a little clearer head.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:35 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,116,118 times
Quote:
Slacker Obama is a fool, and is annoyed by having to take time off the golf course to address this serious problem.
All he is doing is kicking the can down the road for the next administration, and not having to anger his muslim brothers.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:36 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,089 times
Quote:
I guess not all Republicans. I was very surprised. Good to see something done on that side of the
world, not involving troops

Hannity in Heated Argument With Pat Buchanan Over Iran: "You Should Like Obama!" | Video | RealClearPolitics

Old 04-02-2015, 12:38 PM

96 posts, read 85,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Reading all the responses from Republicans here, one would think there's a provision where Obama personally hands the ayatollah a nuclear weapon. Somehow, I don't think that's the case. We'll see if any Republicans read the link, and respond with a little clearer head.
Dream on.

They seem to hate Obama so much that they're probably fantasizing scenarios right now how Obama will start UPS-ing half of our nuclear ICBM's over to Iran. Anything to keep hating Obama.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:58 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times
The president 's remarks regarding what he calls an historic agreement:

"Today, after many months of tough, principled diplomacy, we have achieved the framework for that deal. And it is a good deal." He added that, "If the framework leads to a final agreement, it will make our country, our allies, and our world safer."

He described the deal outlined in this framework as the best possible defense against Iran's ability to pursue a nuclear weapon covertly, adding that, "If Iran cheats, the world will know it. [...] With this deal, Iran will face more inspections than any other country in the world. So, this will be a longterm deal that addresses each path to a potential Iran nuclear bomb."

President Obama statement Iran nuclear deal - Business Insider

Old 04-02-2015, 01:21 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,514,587 times
Default Preliminary agreement reached on Iran nuke program

A "framework" agreement has been reached among the P5+1 and Iran for a nuclear weapons program deal. The details have not been worked out, and of course the devil is in the details.

In fact, it is not yet clear on what the parameters are that have been agreed to. So, it is going to be difficult for anyone to lend their full-throated support this agreement at this time. No doubt Congress will expect to have a look at this preliminary agreement, and also any final agreement that is developed and agreed to, if such a final agreement ever actually materializes.

Quote:
Negotiators announce preliminary agreement on Iran nuke program

International negotiators announced the framework for an Iranian nuclear deal Thursday, capping days of exhaustive and tense talks that blew past their original deadline. The preliminary agreement allows all sides -- the U.S., Iran and five other world powers -- to continue working toward a final agreement by a June 30 deadline.

Speaking in the Rose Garden shortly after negotiators unveiled the plan in Switzerland, President Obama called the agreement a "historic understanding." "It is a good deal," Obama said.

With the framework, Obama may soon face congressional critics concerned about the direction of talks. But the president urged Congress to consider it, and stressed that negotiations are not over yet. He claimed the framework, if fully implemented, would prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies