Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 09:49 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,943,199 times

Advertisements

The go fund me account was mentioned by Rush Limbaugh and possibly other right wing talk show hosts, no wonder they got so much money.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:01 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
You're surprised that 29,000 people would band together to support hateful actions against people they don't like? I'm not. Humans are far more eager to take action in support of things they dislike rather than things they like. You only have to read Yelp reviews to see that.

The funny thing is that the "gay" faction started a donate site to counteract this..........Thier donation so far are only 15K.......

Old 04-03-2015, 10:09 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
The funny thing is that the "gay" faction started a donate site to counteract this..........Thier donation so far are only 15K.......
What do they want the money for? Order wedding cakes?

Old 04-03-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
The go fund me account was mentioned by Rush Limbaugh and possibly other right wing talk show hosts, no wonder they got so much money.
Hmm, I thought nobody listens to Rush. He is finished, he is so 90s. It is a different world. The country has changed. I got news for you. People don’t like bullies and this is how they get back a them.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
And today the pizzeria closed its doors. What do you wanna bet they won't return the money?
Return the money AND close the shop? The reason they asked for money was BECAUSE they closed the shop. I doubt they themselves know what comes next. People may not feel safe in the store even if they opened.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:43 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
What of the people who liked this places pizza? the customers? Look at the other side of this.. the gay community has deprived them of their right to eat here.........

Old 04-03-2015, 10:55 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
with this money, they should retire,,

or

open another pizza place just for gay people.....

featuring the loaded pizza "the sausage fest"
and..

The lesbian favorite,....... Anchovie pie ... dripping with flavor

Old 04-04-2015, 01:42 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
No, they are not. They reveal hypocrisy. One can be a "bigot" regardless of whether one acts to deny service based on that "bigotry." Simply put, your "outrage" over supposed bigotry is a lot weaker/ridiculous if you are bigoted yourself. Moreover, my questions are related to my original question as I'm trying to see whether you believe one who does not support the institutions I listed is a "bigot" in your mind. That is going to go to me ultimately challenging your definition to begin with. From your evasive answer, I assume that you do not support those institutions or do not believe that those who do not support such institutions are bigots, which shows how silly and petty the term "bigot" has become.

I don't claim that some people who opposed same sex marriage/relationships are not bigots (some people certainly are). But that is not the case for everyone in that situation; yet, people like you seem to apply that term to anyone who opposes that. For the record, before the RFRA law was introduced, passed, and amended by the Indiana Legislature, it was not illegal to deny goods/services to the LGBT community in Indiana.
For the record: I neither support nor do not support polygamy or incestuous relationships in general but would examine each case individually. I largely believe that what consenting adults choose to do within their bedrooms is not my concern.

Now tell me how that is relevant to a person being denied a service available to the general public simply because of their sexual orientation.

Last edited by kokonutty; 04-04-2015 at 02:10 AM..

Old 04-04-2015, 03:58 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,570 times
» Leftists Attempt to Shut Down Fundraising for Memories Pizza Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

(Granted, this effort is now moot since the fundraiser has ended, but I find it very significant that they tried to get the fundraising shut down in the first place. Edit: I'm not sure how reliable this story is, since it's hard to get verification from other sources.)

But here's my take on it. All's fair in love and war. So you don't like the pizzeria's stance on gay marriage, and you use social media to try to shut them down and ruin their business? Okay, fair enough. So in response, a lot of people use social media to support this pizzeria. Fair enough again, right? Both sides are using social media, getting the word out and what happens is what happens.

This is where we get to the part I don't understand. Why not just accept that the fundraiser is a success and let it go? They started a fundraiser and raised a lot of money. They used the same tools (social media, Internet, radio, TV) that you did. They did a darn good job of raising money, too. Accept it! Move on! Don't try to censor the other side by trying to nullify their fundraising efforts. They have every right to use online fundraising, just like you do! It's just making you look like you're having a tantrum and are a poor loser.

How would you like it if some right-wing group tried to prevent you from raising funds? It wouldn't seem so fair then, would it?

Just admit that the supporters of the pizzeria did their job very well, and move on. Stop complaining because other people donated money in a way that they saw fit. It's their money. If you don't like it, raise money for your own causes. Surely you can do just as good a job (or better) than these folks did. And if you can't, explore why that is, instead of whining about how the pizzeria got all that money. And for crying out loud, don't try to sabotage them from getting it. It's theirs, fair and square. If you want your fundraising efforts respected, you need to respect others' efforts as well.

It's not even like I have a big problem with gay marriage, or gay people. I have some gay friends whose weddings I'd happily cater (if I was a caterer). But this whole situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited by elvira310; 04-04-2015 at 04:18 AM..

Old 04-04-2015, 05:47 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The public as a whole opposed the Indiana RFRA, yet they passed that one.
If you have a poll or survey showing that the RFRA was not supported by a majority in Indiana and a law banning discrimination against gays Was supported, I wouldn't mind seeing it ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies