Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 08:07 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times

Advertisements

Hate as in shutting down someone’s livelihood? I agree.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:50 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Memories Pizza has never been asked to cater a pizza wedding—either gay or straight—therefore they haven't discriminated against anybody, nor are they 'hateful' as the Gay Terrorist media claims. The true hate came from the intolerant Left, which we all saw with our very own eyes -

RFRA: How A Local TV Station Ruined A Business And Threatened A Family’s Safety
There were no complaints nor denials of service to anyone ever, but because of their religious beliefs, Memories Pizza stands in ruin and the family who owns it has had their lives threatened countless times. How did the O’Connor family, owners of Memories, find themselves in this situation? They were honest with a reporter in search of a story to fit the media’s narrative.

Alyssa Marino is a reporter with ABC 57 News in South Bend, Indiana. With her state in the center of a hurricane over religious freedom, Marino must've thought she'd had a coup – a devout Christian business owner willing to speak on camera about their religious beliefs and how it impacts the operations of that business.

The issue of gay marriage is not one that generally comes up when talking about a pizzeria. Neither is straight marriage, for that matter. Local pizza joints aren't generally hotbeds of wedding receptions. Yet, Marino found herself wandering into Memories Pizza [the reporter travelled 20 miles out of her way in order to target a Christian business] to get the unsuspecting owners to weigh in on an emotional issue which has never come up in the course of the business's nearly 10 year existence.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:19 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,569,405 times
So let me get this straight. All I have to do is create a business. Call it a Christian business. Demand my religious freedom and exclude a demographic, and I get money??!?!?! Only in America.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:24 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
So let me get this straight. All I have to do is create a business. Call it a Christian business. Demand my religious freedom and exclude a demographic, and I get money??!?!?! Only in America.
I guess hate and bigotry works both ways-

Christian Man Asks Thirteen Gay Bakeries To Bake Him Pro-Traditional Marriage Cake, And Is Denied Service By All Of Them

Old 04-06-2015, 10:29 AM

506 posts, read 426,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Yeah, just disguise your bigotry as relgious freedom and get paid, because America loves a bigot!

Spoiler
Hello

Old 04-06-2015, 10:48 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Haven't read so much Hate in a long time.what do you all do for fun.or is this it hating.
It's the M.O. of the left liberal agenda seekers. They're always victims and looking for something on which to unleash their grievances. If it isn't forthcoming they will fabricate something, go looking for scapegoats on which to heap their hate. Hard to understand that mentality if you were raised to be honest and fair in your dealings and you value personal integrity, but if so many of these posts that sound like they came from Huffington Post escapees is any indication, there seem to be no shortage of individuals on that bandwagon.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I will say that a lot of the nastiness I've seen comes from the left, which is often hypocritical as they decry mistreatment from others. When I was in college, only leftist student groups would "shut down" events they didn't like. I've seen such behavior extend to the real world as well, which is a shame as it turns me off from being sympathetic to many leftist messages.

Yup, it's the neo-liberal way.Destroy that with which you disagree.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:01 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Hate as in shutting down someone’s livelihood? I agree.
who shut it down exactly? Think about that real hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
What is being destroyed exactly?

Old 04-06-2015, 11:05 AM

506 posts, read 426,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Yeah, these treasonous Conservative Christian thugs certainly never try to destroy anything they don't agree.

Come on, what planet are you on, pal? The treasonous Conservative Christian thug life is all about passing stupid anti-freedom laws to force everybody to live and wear their pants, according to how they think these things should be done, while the liberal life is all about preventing these anti-freedom junkies from destroying the USA.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMama View Post
It isn't only the right that has shut down gay marriage, there have been quite a number of Democrats who have declined to support it as well over the years. While Democrats seem to be coming out in favor more often these days, I can't help but wonder how much is due to political pressure to do so. The same applies to people on the right who may privately feel same sex marriage is acceptable, but feel pressured politically. It is unfortunate either way. Harry Reid used to be considered a relatively conservative Democrat, but I think he shifted left to gain power over a period of years. The same happens with most Republican candidates bowing to the social conservatives in primaries.

I agree that extreme tactics have been used to shut down abortion clinics. I don't believe death threats and violence are a way to convince people you're truly "pro-life". However, the people doing so believe they are saving lives. One might possibly be compelled to go to further extremes when lives (as they define it) are at stake.

Too much polarization altogether on social issues, right and left. I would like to see some degree of mutual respect and understanding among people of reason to hammer out what the ultimate legal resolution of these issues will be, but don't think such people will be heard over the fringes.

As for me, I hope your state approves same sex marriage, and you are afforded the same legal rights under that status as any straight couple. I think it's only fair.

At the same time, if your initial choice for catering, floral, or whatever says they don't want to provide services for your wedding, because it is against their religion to have any part of it or indicate they condone the practice, I would hope you would accept their beliefs are just different from yours, and don't try to destroy their livelihood if they don't try to destroy your ceremony. Mentioning the reason you chose Caterer B instead of Caterer A who would have been your choice, not a problem. Just let them make the choice that allows them to live with their own conscience. You don't have to agree with them, they don't have to agree with you, but I don't see a reason for either of you to seek the destruction of the other.

I won't wade into abortion here....

I can imagine a lot of that newfound "support" for gay marriage and their other issues is either politically motivated or it's acquiescence, or even silence born out of intimidation from the vicious attacks by extreme gay activists and their left liberal supporters on anyone not in lockstep with their gay agenda. When you consider their attempts to destroy the livelihoods and carry out character assassination of those who have not discriminated against LGBT community members, but who hold personal beliefs that those activists believe *might* make them do so, it seems many folks determine its better they keep silent rather than speaking their minds lest they also become targets of that viciousness. IMO it may be this "silent" majority that expresses their support for the victims of these gay activists anonymously by contributing to their Go Fund Me accounts. IMO it's amusing, albeit pathetic, to see those donors labeled as "bigots" by members of that gay rights bandwagon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies