Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 04:32 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,797,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
Ever notice how the faithful take care of others? No bullying. No death threats.... unlike the gay mafia. Every dollar donated is a statement in support of religious freedom!
Every dollar donated is a statement in support of bigotry.

If they had the best pizza in the entire midwest I wouldn't eat it if they brought it to me for free.

The people making threats are idiots.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:24 AM

893 posts, read 883,452 times
If you have to google "Christian owned businesses" then call on 7 different ones with gotcha questions to coax out the answer you are looking for on your witch hunt, then your probably not being persecuted.

But carry on with your ill informed outrage

Old 04-03-2015, 05:48 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Question Question on these RFRA laws...

What "religious freedom" has been lost that explicitly needs to be restored by law?

Old 04-03-2015, 06:01 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,047,209 times
Why is it okay to threaten this woman? I absolutely disagree with what she believes in, but someone please explain why it's okay to threaten her.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:37 AM

30,562 posts, read 18,061,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Kinda like the right trying to "shut down" abortions and gay marriage- "events they didn't like."

No one should tolerate intolerance. It's about human decency not "left v right."

This will be the best thing that ever happened to them and they should be thanking "the left" for that, or at least thanking the united hatred toward them. Almost up to half a million now.....
What gay marriage events is the right shutting down? And right wing groups shutting down abortion clinics, etc., is NOT the norm, though protests outside of abortion clinics may be; note, as the Supreme Court opined last year, such protests are constitutionally protected. That's the big difference. Such tactics are the norm and are celebrated in leftist ideology; this is hardly just an issue of human decency. With the left, from everything from Wall Street/banks to pro-life events to war matters to violent protests the result of faux outrage over police issues to just about any social issue they disagree on, "shutting it sown" seems to be the norm or at least widely accepted behavior. And in my experiences on university campuses, the only groups "shutting it down" are leftist groups, and this goes for both liberal and more conservative campuses. No, the right does not behave like that generally, either in practice or via accepted ideology, and trying to claim otherwise doesn't make it so.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:38 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,733,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Why is it okay to threaten this woman? I absolutely disagree with what she believes in, but someone please explain why it's okay to threaten her.
I believe the logic is based on the notion of "intolerance of intolerance". It is apparently a way of excusing antisocial behavior towards people who think differently than people on the far left. Ironically enough I'm pretty sure the word intolerance doesn't even mean what many social justice warriors think it means...at least not as it pertains to the views of their targets. What they practice towards their targets often resembles the actual definition a lot more closely than the original "offense" itself does. It might be more accurately described as "intolerance of dissent" which is what these types of movements historically tend to boil down to anyway.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:39 AM

30,562 posts, read 18,061,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Every dollar donated is a statement in support of bigotry.

If they had the best pizza in the entire midwest I wouldn't eat it if they brought it to me for free.

The people making threats are idiots.
What is "bigotry" by your definition?

Old 04-03-2015, 07:06 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,771,171 times
It's over $500K now. And, along with the vitriol (examples of which I posted yesterday) spewed by the "tolerant" left, now Lawrence B. Jones' elderly mother is being threatened.

Nice.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:11 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,165,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
What gay marriage events is the right shutting down? And right wing groups shutting down abortion clinics, etc., is NOT the norm, though protests outside of abortion clinics may be; note, as the Supreme Court opined last year, such protests are constitutionally protected. That's the big difference. Such tactics are the norm and are celebrated in leftist ideology; this is hardly just an issue of human decency. With the left, from everything from Wall Street/banks to pro-life events to war matters to violent protests the result of faux outrage over police issues to just about any social issue they disagree on, "shutting it sown" seems to be the norm or at least widely accepted behavior. And in my experiences on university campuses, the only groups "shutting it down" are leftist groups, and this goes for both liberal and more conservative campuses. No, the right does not behave like that generally, either in practice or via accepted ideology, and trying to claim otherwise doesn't make it so.
The right has "shut down" gay marriage for years. I still can't get married, so effectively the right has shut down my marriage event.
The right has repeatedly tried to shut down the ONLY abortion clinic in my state. They have protested, tried to pass "special" laws that would only apply to that one business to shut it down. The clinic has had bomb threats, the employees have had death threats.

Trying to claim that the right doesn't do the same things as the left is ignorant.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:55 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,084,500 times
They raised money with a gofundme site? They own a pizza shop. They have vastly more wealth than most of their donors.

Let me try.

I'm a spiteful bigot in need of a having my a** whooped, may I please have a bunch of money from similar people.
[Insert link to a gofundme account].

This is terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.