Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 06:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
gay muslims?
I haven't read the Koran, but they don't have an issue (within the faith) with gays.

So, in that case, it should be OK.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:22 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What a foolish question. You are just trolling. The answer is yes.

Great debates are hard for someone here all right. I don't think it is the liberals you are referring to with this sort of question posted.
The answer is NO, and it should be NO. You people just don't 'get it,' do you. The Indiana law is supposed to protect the right of religious people to refuse to do something that they find abhorrent and which violates the tenets of their faith. The should not be forced to be a party to a celebration of something that mocks God and their faith.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:24 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
The answer may not really matter. There is NO WAY that a muslim bakery would bake a legitimate cake for a gay wedding. But, I wouldn't be surprised if the muslim bakery baked a cake laced with (poison, semen, etc.) something just to prove a point. Also, this will not be a big story because (1. Gays won't ask muslims to bake their cake (2. The media won't cover the story The religious vs gay rights story is mainly a christian vs gay battle.
Exactly.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:27 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
I'd be surprised if any gay couple were to seek out a Muslim bakery. There's more to this than just the cake.

It's driven by a desire to silence Christians on the issue, and force at least the appearance of acceptance of the gay relationship as being mainstream. To that end, I suspect they seek out Christian businesses intentionally. It's not like it's hard to find a bakery to make a wedding cake and they have no other choice but this one business.

Plus, I doubt if we'd hear all the uproar from gays if a Muslim establishment turned them away by refusing to bake a cake or provide catering.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:34 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Exactly.
Bull crap.

There are already stories (well published) of problems erupting in places like Missouri, with large Somali Muslim immigrant populations acting as cab drivers, refusing to transport people with dogs, pork products or alcohol.

Based on "religious" reasons.

And suits and media attention already fly in that direction:

Blind Man Files Complaint After He Says Muslim Cabbies Repeatedly Refused Service to Him and His Guide Dog | Video | TheBlaze.com

And interestingly, "fear of the Muslim religious conscientious objector and service refuser" has already been used to torpedo and fight "religious freedom" legislation elsewhere:

Many Americans who talk about religious freedom are really just interested in the rights of conservative Christians. They’re not so keen on Muslims. In fact, they worry about Muslims imposing their beliefs on Christians.

The first reference to Muslims in the Arizona fight, as far as I can tell, came from the Anti-Defamation League in a letter to state senators and in testimony before a state Senate committee on Jan. 16. If the bill were to pass, the ADL’s assistant regional director told the committee, “A Muslim-owned cab company might refuse to drive passengers to a Hindu temple.”

This week, as lawmakers voted on the bill and Republican Gov. Jan Brewer weighed whether to sign it, the chorus grew. On Feb. 20, the editorial board of the Arizona Republic warned Brewer, “The proposed law is so poorly crafted it could allow a Muslim taxi driver to refuse service to a woman traveling alone.”

Arizona’s antigay bill: Did warnings about Muslim religious freedom help prompt a veto?

Because ye reap what ye sow, Christians. You're just too myopic to understand that "freedom from religion" actually protects ALL of us.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:35 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,240 times
The results are in:
» HIDDEN CAM: Gay Wedding Cakes at Muslim Bakeries? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Old 04-03-2015, 06:37 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I'd be surprised if any gay couple were to seek out a Muslim bakery. There's more to this than just the cake.

It's driven by a desire to silence Christians on the issue, and force at least the appearance of acceptance of the gay relationship as being mainstream. To that end, I suspect they seek out Christian businesses intentionally. It's not like it's hard to find a bakery to make a wedding cake and they have no other choice but this one business.

Plus, I doubt if we'd hear all the uproar from gays if a Muslim establishment turned them away by refusing to bake a cake or provide catering.

I wouldn't be able to point out a "Muslim bakery" anywhere near where I live. A Middle Eastern one, sure. But a large percentage of Arabs in this country are actually Christian Arabs.

Businesses who want to discriminate and refuse service on basis of religion should be FORCED to have a sign at the front door saying as much. That way, people will know whether their "gay money" and "gay business" is not welcome for weddings, birthdays, or even just a dozen cookies for the office.

After all, if you're against gays, you shouldn't take their money. At all.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:50 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The answer is NO, and it should be NO. You people just don't 'get it,' do you. The Indiana law is supposed to protect the right of religious people to refuse to do something that they find abhorrent and which violates the tenets of their faith. The should not be forced to be a party to a celebration of something that mocks God and their faith.
The good news is that what the revised Indiana law clarifies is that gays can't be discriminated against solely for being gay.

Gays can buy all the cakes, flowers, photography portraits, etc., they want from any business they choose without having to face discrimination. However, even though the law has been revised, they cannot just force any person or business to play a participatory role (provide goods and/or services) in a same-sex wedding ceremony if the business owner's religion prohibits same-sex marriage. Nothing trumps the First Amendment Constitutional right to exercise one's religion. Nothing. Not even the revised Indiana law.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:56 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,273,359 times
They will definitely be granted more latitude to refuse, at least by a large contingent on the Left

Old 04-03-2015, 07:21 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
I'm still waiting for the media to take Muslims to task the same way they do Christians. Lets see them go from Muslim store to store, and ask them if they would cater or serve a gay wedding and then put on tv the Muslims businesses that say no. They will never do so. The target here is Christianity. The news media is biased and corrupt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies