Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 02:42 PM

779 posts, read 926,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
I probably wasn't clear enough, that was exactly my point, although in terms of home ownership I gave several examples of recent 'native' peoples who really aren't.

There is something corrupt in modern US culture that is causing the lack of self interested behavior. The sense of the American community is dying, it's even been obvious in my lifetime.

Corrupt Anglo logic is a mixed bag. We ended up, perhaps temporarily, with a dominant culture that built the modern world. In the Americas, even a technical breakthrough like 'the wheel' would probably have been enough to ensure success, although Western European advances in social structure probably were more important.

OTOH, these same technical and organizational advances have resulted in quite a lot of worldwide environmental degradation and a seemingly never-ending increase in overall human population...and it probably won't end well. The natural world would likely have been better off if the English had stayed out of Jamestown and the Aztecs were still doing industrial scale heart removal.
Western Europeans have stolen and taken credit for more inventions that weren't theirs than all the other races combined. The only thing that West Europeans are good at is scamming other people and selling themselves as superior. More and more people are beginning to call bull**** on your people.... Western "superiority" is quickly fading, and I'm glad I'm alive to see it.

As far as Americans and self interest, that's all Americans are interested in, themselves. When you tell Americans that their taxes are funding more innocent people in Iraq being bombed to hell and killed than actual terrorists and they simply shrug their shoulders, how else could their attitude be defined? Americans are entirely convinced that they're the center of the universe and that no one else matters, it's disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
See, how is that not racist? Why is hating a certain demographic (Western Europeans) good? So you want to eliminate most of the Western Europeans so they aren't the majority? WTF?

Sorry but you are a racist. You're choosing to favor other races over the white one. That is racist.
Well said, I agree...

Old 04-06-2015, 02:54 PM

15,622 posts, read 10,376,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSanDimas View Post
2 questions

1. What is so special about diversity? Besides the food

2. Why is it bad if I don't want to live in a diverse place? [snip]
1. The buzzword 'diversity' allows democrats to keep American citizens separate. It is a divisive word and pits people against the "other". I dislike the term and its implications. We are Americans.

2. Good luck with finding a homogeneous place in America where everyone is just like you.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:02 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,524,359 times
Quote:
I would like to live in a place where I don't have to avoid entire neighborhoods because nobody speaks my language or has any commonality culturally with me. I would just like to live in a purely American (anglophone, steak and potatoes, football and apple pie and Stars and Stripes waving) city.
Quote:
Kansas is too flat for a Californian like me! Missouri is definitely in the running along with Alabama, Tennesee, Idaho, NW Arkansas
I'm not sure why NW AR is on your shortlist:
A Slice of the Marshall Islands in Northwest Arkansas

Old 04-06-2015, 03:10 PM

428 posts, read 343,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
Western Europeans have stolen and taken credit for more inventions that weren't theirs than all the other races combined. The only thing that West Europeans are good at is scamming other people and selling themselves as superior. More and more people are beginning to call bull**** on your people.... Western "superiority" is quickly fading, and I'm glad I'm alive to see it.
That's a good point. I'd hate to see the West take credit for peanut butter, papermaking, or the Super Soaker(tm).

Old 04-06-2015, 03:13 PM

39,182 posts, read 27,565,006 times
By west European countries, do we mean

Austria
Belgium
France
Germany
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Monaco
Netherlands
Switzerland

Old 04-06-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:

1. What is so special about diversity? Besides the food
The women.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:33 PM

19,600 posts, read 12,199,766 times
Quote:
As far as Americans and self interest, that's all Americans are interested in, themselves. When you tell Americans that their taxes are funding more innocent people in Iraq being bombed to hell and killed than actual terrorists and they simply shrug their shoulders, how else could their attitude be defined? Americans are entirely convinced that they're the center of the universe and that no one else matters, it's disgusting.
Do you really think people from other countries care about Americans unless it affects them? Like they sit around and worry about our well being?

Old 04-06-2015, 04:34 PM

171 posts, read 180,914 times
I wish everyone in the USA was white and Christian. Is that wrong?

Old 04-06-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Do you really think people from other countries care about Americans unless it affects them? Like they sit around and worry about our well being?
Other nations know a hell of a lot more about American history/current events than Americans know about other nations.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:45 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,659,998 times
Quote:
Other nations know a hell of a lot more about American history/current events than Americans know about other nations.
Why wouldn't they? We're the most important AND have the Kardashians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.