Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 09:32 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
When you start seeing the people around you based on their character , then you will eliminate the lefts false god of diversity

Exactly!

Old 04-03-2015, 09:34 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Diversity is good. Except for diversity of opinion. Which is ungood.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:35 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
Diversity is bad when it is an obsession to the point that you have hangups about not being so!
I watched companies like QuestDiagnostics go under because their board of directors became so obsessed with it that they had to make sure their next CEO was a minority regardless if he could run the company. He ran the company into the ground. Insurance companies like Blue Cross will no longer do business with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSanDimas View Post
2 questions

1. What is so special about diversity? Besides the food

2. Why is it bad if I don't want to live in a diverse place? At least culturally, color is a non-factor to me, culture is...I live in "multicultural" SoCal my whole life and I find the mess of languages and cultures divisive. I would like to live in a place where I don't have to avoid entire neighborhoods because nobody speaks my language or has any commonality culturally with me. I would just like to live in a purely American (anglophone, steak and potatoes, football and apple pie and Stars and Stripes waving) city. If people want to live in a "diverse" place that is there prerogative, but I get the vibe that not liking diversity is something frowned upon here.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:37 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Move to the middle of Iowa.
Perfect example of how open minded liberals are.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
2 questions

2. Why is it bad if I don't want to live in a diverse place? At least culturally, color is a non-factor to me, culture is...I live in "multicultural" SoCal my whole life and I find the mess of languages and cultures divisive. I would like to live in a place where I don't have to avoid entire neighborhoods because nobody speaks my language or has any commonality culturally with me. I would just like to live in a purely American (anglophone, steak and potatoes, football and apple pie and Stars and Stripes waving) city. If people want to live in a "diverse" place that is there prerogative, but I get the vibe that not liking diversity is something frowned upon here.
Even the food is overrated.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:39 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
When you start seeing the people around you based on their character , then you will eliminate the lefts false god of diversity
The same could be said that when you start seeing people around you based on their character, then you will eliminate racism.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:40 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,193,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

We hear a lot that "diversity is our strength" but I think a better case can be made that non-diverse societies have stronger social cohesion. I believe someone did some scholarly research on this, and came to the exact same conclusion; but I don't recall the specifics. Certainly, the historic trend has been that most people in most places in most times have preferred to be around people like themselves. "Diversity" for its own sake seems to be a recent innovation.
There was a Harvard Research Professor that did an extensive study on diverse and non-diverse neighborhoods and found that the more diverse neighborhoods is, there is less community involvement and so forth.

The downside of diversity - The Boston Globe

Old 04-03-2015, 09:57 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
2 questions

Kansas or Missouri is where you want to be.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:00 AM

Location: Simi Valley, California - which was once part of the USA
350 posts, read 537,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Kansas or Missouri is where you want to be.
Kansas is too flat for a Californian like me! Missouri is definitely in the running along with Alabama, Tennesee, Idaho, NW Arkansas

Old 04-03-2015, 10:02 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
2 questions

Color is never a "non-factor" regarding the people that dislike diversity...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies