Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 04:36 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Crazies all over the place here. It a problem with social media in general, any comments made can result is you getting death threats and harassment. Usually not by actual people, just keyboard trolls. We now live in an age where anything we don't like can be turned into an international incident with a few clicks. It should scare the crap out of everyone.
I dont agree with you on most things. But in regards to social media.....ughhghg. Seems to have more downside than good anymore. The amount of hate and filth on twitter and the like is just unreal and so venomous.

In regards to this one, this person is employed by CBS. And I did see some questionable things she's posted in the past, and I wonder why they employ her. Seems there are very few standards or professionalism any more.

Ive seen horrible things from all sides get thrown around in social media. And it pains me a bit to see that this is where we are in 2015. Progress? How is this progress? Ive long loved technology, but in the end, that is what could really do society in. In some ways, its so great to use as a tool for learning and keeping in touch with people, but the negatives of it some times make me long for pre-internet days. Simpler times. All in all, when it comes down to it, the internet isnt saving me any time. It may make some things easier but it is not always simpler really.

Shutter to think, what will technology bring us next and how will we turn it into something awful......

Old 04-03-2015, 04:39 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
I don't really even blame the reporter, since I doubt she had any idea how out of control this whole thing would get. She merely asked them a question, and they gave an answer. That's really all that it was and should have ended there.

But then notable legal scholars such as George Takei and other SJWs on social media ran with it, and in conjunction with the mainstream media turned it into an issue of "businesses can deny gays service under any circumstance" and it went crazy. People don't like to think for themselves, and rather have celebrities and people like Brian Williams do it for them. That's the real problem.
The issue is also, they are STILL running with it. Keeping the narrative to be something it never really was in truth. These people use their platform to millions dishonestly. All sides do it too. So many negative things this new world brings us. Remember Spike Lee. Using twitter to tweet an address to what he thought was relatives of Zimmerman, which was bad enough, but it turned out to be a completely unrelated older couple. He was never held accountable. They seldom ever are.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Crazies all over the place here. It a problem with social media in general, any comments made can result is you getting death threats and harassment. Usually not by actual people, just keyboard trolls. We now live in an age where anything we don't like can be turned into an international incident with a few clicks. It should scare the crap out of everyone.
Arab Spring was the result of social media.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:38 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I dont agree with you on most things. But in regards to social media.....ughhghg. Seems to have more downside than good anymore. The amount of hate and filth on twitter and the like is just unreal and so venomous.

In regards to this one, this person is employed by CBS. And I did see some questionable things she's posted in the past, and I wonder why they employ her. Seems there are very few standards or professionalism any more.

Ive seen horrible things from all sides get thrown around in social media. And it pains me a bit to see that this is where we are in 2015. Progress? How is this progress? Ive long loved technology, but in the end, that is what could really do society in. In some ways, its so great to use as a tool for learning and keeping in touch with people, but the negatives of it some times make me long for pre-internet days. Simpler times. All in all, when it comes down to it, the internet isnt saving me any time. It may make some things easier but it is not always simpler really.

Shutter to think, what will technology bring us next and how will we turn it into something awful......
What will technology bring us next? Watch Robin Williams in "The Final Cut."

Old 04-03-2015, 05:57 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Fire this woman. Maybe somebody will start a Gofundme account for her until she lands a job at Mickey D's.
Careful. I believe that's a transgender and should be properly referred to with as "it."

Old 04-03-2015, 10:29 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Arab Spring was the result of social media.
Even worse, Barack Obama was the result of social media.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:06 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I'm guessing .. You are the resident troll and want to start something?
You often find this from leftists in threads where they are smacked down hard. There's nothing substantive that they can bring to bear as a counterargument, but they just can't accept that they're in the wrong so they lash out with some nasty strawman or ad hominem instead. It's sour grapes, pure and simple.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:35 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,549,392 times
Quote:

This makes no sense to me. Who did she file a fraud report with ? What is the fraud about?She has no proof of fraud and she knows it and claims that filing a false fraud claim with no proof is "totally acceptable " .

Old 04-04-2015, 11:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

Is that in the same taught curriculum, the liberals here try to employ, that is used all over the internet? Facebook is the worst.
Flag or report your posts enough and the squeaky wheel gets the grease. You will have your content removed and you will lose all privileges to use the private internet site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies