Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 05:09 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This story is hilarious on so many levels.

Thanks for the much needed laughter Teddy.

Ted Nugent: Obama Is Causing Veteran Suicides
I don't think even the Repub war mongers pay any attention to nut job Ted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 05:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Love the way the right wing "patriots" sniff this bum's jockstrap.

he claimed to have stopped bathing a month before his draft physical, adding that he showed up for the exam with pants “crusted” with urine and feces. “I was a walking, talking hunk of human poop,” recalled Nugent.

Nugent recalled his glee at evading the chance to defend his country (though he mixed up the 1-Y and 4-F deferments). “And in the mail I got this big juicy 4-F,” he said. “They’d call dead people before they’d call my ass.”

Gun Enthusiast Ted Nugent Wasn't Anxious To Bear Arms Against Those Pesky Vietcong | The Smoking Gun

Another in the long line of chickenhawks propped up as heroes by the right.

Carry on.

Far more should have refused as he did. I support the young person in either decision. It's not wrong to refuse to participate in needless wasteful wars. It's not wrong to not want to lose your life on a lost cause.

It's also noble to serve your country. They are not wrong either, the ones that are wrong are those sending them places they have no place being to get killed.

The argument goes the actions of a young Obama getting stoned through school have no bearing on the actions of a mature Obama, and with that I agree. Same would hold true of Nugent then. I'll call him out today for trying to say the soldiers are blaming all their problems on Obama alone, but he is right, for those coming back today with problems, that does fall directly in the lap of Obama.

He has neither done anything about the V.A. mess or ended the wars like he promised.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:33 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Love the way the right wing "patriots" sniff this bum's jockstrap.

he claimed to have stopped bathing a month before his draft physical, adding that he showed up for the exam with pants “crusted” with urine and feces. “I was a walking, talking hunk of human poop,” recalled Nugent.

Nugent recalled his glee at evading the chance to defend his country (though he mixed up the 1-Y and 4-F deferments). “And in the mail I got this big juicy 4-F,” he said. “They’d call dead people before they’d call my ass.”

Gun Enthusiast Ted Nugent Wasn't Anxious To Bear Arms Against Those Pesky Vietcong | The Smoking Gun

Another in the long line of chickenhawks propped up as heroes by the right.

Carry on.

Nugent is a gutless hypocrite. I wonder why Obama doesn't solve this problem by bringing the troops home to protect our borders like the Constitution says.

Old 04-04-2015, 06:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Far more should have refused as he did. I support the young person in either decision. It's not wrong to refuse to participate in needless wasteful wars. It's not wrong to not want to lose your life on a lost cause.

It's also noble to serve your country. They are not wrong either, the ones that are wrong are those sending them places they have no place being to get killed.

The argument goes the actions of a young Obama getting stoned through school have no bearing on the actions of a mature Obama, and with that I agree. Same would hold true of Nugent then. I'll call him out today for trying to say the soldiers are blaming all their problems on Obama alone, but he is right, for those coming back today with problems, that does fall directly in the lap of Obama.

He has neither done anything about the V.A. mess or ended the wars like he promised.
The wars his "patriotic" predecessor started and then mismanaged into the unwinnable quagmires he left behind.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:00 AM

Quote:
The wars his "patriotic" predecessor started and then mismanaged into the unwinnable quagmires he left behind.
Sure, I won't disagree that the mature Nugent is very hypocritical there.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Who cares.

I'm a veteran and lemme tell ya, talking to vets is overrated as a life changing experience.

I see someone cares enough to respond......
We all understand... The truth cuts way deeper than the lies ever will.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:42 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
blaming others for your own choice is just wrong. plain and simple.

Have any of you lost a loved one to suicide? I have

Have any of you being blamed for your loved ones suicide? I have

Calling other people a murderer because somebody else decided to die due to untreated mental issues is evil and ignorant.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
blaming others for your own choice is just wrong. plain and simple.

Have any of you lost a loved one to suicide? I have

Have any of you being blamed for your loved ones suicide? I have

Calling other people a murderer because somebody else decided to die due to untreated mental issues is evil and ignorant.
Bush and Obama are both personally responsible for the problems these people are going through.

If a woman is abused by her spouse and at some point can no longer take it and takes her life does her spouse bear any responsibility at all?

Old 04-04-2015, 07:58 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Bush and Obama are both personally responsible for the problems these people are going through.

If a woman is abused by her spouse and at some point can no longer take it and takes her life does her spouse bear any responsibility at all?
No. Because the final choice of pulling the trigger is not the abusive spouse.

The first thing they told you in suicide survivor groups is "There is no need to blame. No one is to blame."

I argued with my loved one the day he chose to end his life. I suffered from guilt for many YEARS. But through counseling, I realized that he made that choice to die. He was a very successful criminal defense attorney, but he has been battling with mental illnesses for years. No, It is not my fault or anybody else's fault.

There are stigma associated with suicide, there are also stigma associated with suicide survivors. People are ignorant about mental illnesses and suicide. I am not an Obama fan, but how is he possibly responsible for somebody else's choice? Many people volunteer to go to battlefield came back and led productive lives. Many choose not to die.

My best friend has been battling with PTSD and had dealt with suicidal thoughts. My other best friend lost an arm and had battled with suicidal thoughts. Both chose professional help, both chose to live. They are survivors.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No. Because the final choice of pulling the trigger is not the abusive spouse.
I didn't ask that.

Quote:
The first thing they told you in suicide survivor groups is "There is no need to blame. No one is to blame."
Yeah, well, they are wrong. In many cases there is no one to blame but that certainly is not all encompassing and I doubt that is their position.

We will even find women not guilty for making the choice to kill the spouse as opposed to themselves. Why? Because the actions of the spouse was a contributing factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies