Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 10:56 AM

1,330 posts, read 5,094,483 times

Advertisements

And HIGH time!!!!

Wonder if he offered or if Bushy made him step down after yesterday's massacre at the polls???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2006, 11:42 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
I just saw that!!! It's about freakin' time!!!! I think the insiders around the president forced him out as a sacrificial lamb. They see how utterly slaughtered the Republicans were last night and that they look bound to lose control of the Senate as well as the overwhelming majority the Democrats took in the House. An MSNBC poll showed 88% of Americans wanted Rumsfeld out and the President has consistently refused to acknowledge that Rumsfeld is a failure. He's also refused to acknowledge the unprecedented rebellion of retired military generals and officers who've openly called for Rumsfeld's resignation or termination for two years now. Now the newspapers that serve the Military have taken what is really an amazing action in openly editorializing for Rumsfeld to be fired!!! Then came the election massacre last night. I think the Republicans are looking at 2008 and realizing that they have to take some actions now or they stand to be in the political wilderness after 2008 with Congress in Democratic hands and scores of powerful and leading Republicans no longer in office as they were ungraciously booted out of office last night. I for one am thrilled Rumsfeld is going. Now if Cheney's heart would fail...

Old 11-08-2006, 11:43 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Only two days ago, Bush said there was no way Rummy would step down.
The Republicans are basically pulling themselves up off the Election Day mat.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:10 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Way overdue. He should have been fired months ago.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:21 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,334,356 times
I'm dancin'...I'm dancin'!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2006, 01:40 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Rummy had to step down, or else Bush himself, as the election essentially was a referendum on Bush.

Bush is the real failure, Rummy only did his bidding.

s/Mike

Old 11-08-2006, 02:38 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Bush is the real failure, Rummy only did his bidding.
Actually, I think the reverse is true. Bush should have fired him many months ago.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:50 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
I am not a Bush fan...but...I have to admit without hesitation...he's gracious in defeat. Watching his news conference today and keeping in mind previous defeats, he always remains gracious.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:09 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,508 times
Default Part II

"Do not be fearful," Bush said in reference to Iraqis. "As you take the difficult steps toward democracy and peace, America's going to stand with you. We know you want a better way of life, and now is the time to seize it."
Do not be fearful.... go out.... take your family and have a nice drive in the country.... go out and buy more things and make Iraq strong.... ( hey my suggestion for Iraqis has just as much value as Bush. ) Funny that.

Bush also expressed support for U.S. military personnel.

"Don't be doubtful. America will always support you," the president said. "Our nation is blessed to have men and women who volunteer to serve and are willing to risk their own lives for the safety of our fellow citizens."

Unfortunately.... sadly.... dieing for useless dirt has nothing to do with keeping our fellow citizens safe.

Pressure mounted on Rumsfeld
Rumsfeld has been under increasing pressure as U.S. casualties mount in Iraq.

Yeah... amazing. You can kill 3000+ fellow employees and get praised for excellent job performance. Talk about an alternate universe. Maybe the new guy won't balk at personnally signing letters to familys saying their family member is KIA.

Monday an editorial in Military Times Publications -- which includes the Army Times, Navy Times, Air Force Times and Marine Corps Times -- called for him to step down. The publications are independent of the Department of Defense.

Yeah well.... Granted these publications(organizations) have helped the troops in the past and done some very awesome things. But here they are a little slow on the effort. Me thinks traditional M.I.C. owns them as I always see healthy ads for Boeing and Lockheed in their printed publications. One might say that the sponsors got tired of Dumsfield not cheerleading enough for big traditional war toys. Dumsfield got in their way and got told he is no longer part of the solution for helping the military industrial complex extort the annual fief / huge assload of cash out of the already overstressed taxpayer. So sorry, I can't see these publications as wearing the halo.

October was the fourth-deadliest month for U.S. troops since the 2003 invasion, with 105 Americans killed.

Could have been double. Rumsfield would still get praise from the top office.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:28 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
And HIGH time!!!!

Wonder if he offered or if Bushy made him step down after yesterday's massacre at the polls???
As a retired member of USAF, this was way overdue. Our involvement in IRAQ has lessened the military capabilities of the greatest country in the world. Now is time to bring our troops home and bring our nation under one roof.

The money that is spend in IRAQ can have great use here in the USA. Let's hope that we don't make the same mistake twice under the new Secretary of Defense.

Do we need to evaluate our position in Iraq? Yes

Do we need the UN to take over? Yes

Do we need to give the USA some TLC? Yes

Don't forget our military members, they are the best of our nation and they need to return. Is time to e-mail the White-House and give your views..

The umbilical cord has to be cut....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies