Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2015, 11:50 PM

19,720 posts, read 11,968,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
I do not know there is a legal requirement you buy the food for yourself
But if he is using it to get on his feet, my guess is that is all that matters.
Do you really think that is legal or even ethical?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 12:01 AM

511 posts, read 505,308 times
To try to use food stamps to get on your feet?

are you really asking me this?

If you own a restaurant, you at least maybe have a shot of saving the taxpayers money if you can get it off the ground

And he can eat the "older" food leftover, even from the few customers plates which are left.

He doesn't need to buy the food directly for himself, that's unwise in this circumstance imho

Food stamps is suppose to be temporary as best it can be. I'd not want him to buy food for himself, there is probably enough leftover

Old 04-06-2015, 12:04 AM

7,138 posts, read 10,975,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
So, if your family buys you a ticket, you shouldn't go?
No, because certain financially well off people, who are not happy in their lives, want to make sure that everybody else is as miserable as they are.

If I don't got a family to go home to, then you are not going either.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:04 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,502,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
There is no Port of Kansas City Kansas , just a Port of Kansas City Missouri see below

Port of Kansas City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
You're splitting hairs.

Since you've obviously never been there, I'll fill you in: KC KS and KCMO are twin cities. From the confluence of the Kansas River and Missouri River northward, the MO River serves as the state line. South of the confluence, the state line runs due south along State Line Rd.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1162934,-94.6084743,13z

I'm from Tulsa Oklahoma even if I have lived in California for 35 years , and have been to both Kansas City Missouri and St. Louis and every city in TexA Fifty Five ( with the exception of Austin). I have not been to Kansas City Kansas but Wichita Kansas I know like the back of my hand.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:06 AM

I actually know a lady who started a vegetable garden using food stamps to buy the seeds/plants.

She sells vegetables now at the Farmers Markets every week. It helped her get on her feet.

So yeah, good for her. Better than her working a minimum wage job and continuing on it

cause most of the food stamp recipients ARE WORKING.

Just not making enough $$ to survive. So in general, they aren't lazy

So sure, however you can use the program to save the taxpayers money and to get on your own two feet, go for it.
That's the goal, in fact!

Old 04-06-2015, 12:07 AM

19,720 posts, read 11,968,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
To try to use food stamps to get on your feet?

are you really asking me this?

If you own a restaurant, you at least maybe have a shot of saving the taxpayers money if you can get it off the ground

And he can eat the "older" food leftover, even from the few customers plates which are left.

He doesn't need to buy the food directly for himself, that's unwise in this circumstance imho

Food stamps is suppose to be temporary as best it can be.
You are coming across as very naïve about FS fraud. Do a little research and get back on the thread.

I would bet money that the EBT card was not even his. You are still operating under the assumption that it is.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:09 AM

To make up rules as you go along saying they have no right to a vacation is insanity

That vacation may clear their head while in a dire circumstance under duress.

As we know, most food stamp recipents work so they also deserve a vacation away

just as we do because we work also.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:09 AM

4,487 posts, read 4,545,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
At the check out stand one day in a chinese store in Cupertino, I was behind a man who bought boxes of uncoveredinside meat and animal bones, which he paid for with food stamps. As he loaded them inot his new car, the clerk rolled her eyes and stated that he owns a restaurant.

So glad to see my tax dollars make a profit for others, but don't know whether the marijuana growers will accept them.
The gall of some people. How about this horror story - I was in line at Whole Foods behind a woman who was having a conversation with a cashier about how hard it is to get by these days, and then paid for over 350$ in groceries with a Lone Star Card, which is basiclly the same as food stamps, then took her groceries and got in an expensive looking cream colored Cadillac Escalade and drove off like she owned the place. Liberals. Have they no shame?.

Where are the Fox News cameras when we need them?

Old 04-06-2015, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You are coming across as very naïve about FS fraud. Do a little research and get back on the thread.

I would bet money that the EBT card was not even his. You are still operating under the assumption that it is.
I am one of the few who has done the research

It's an excellent program with VERY LITTLE fraud. In fact, it's incredible how little fraud is truly involved compared to most of the other welfare programs. This is the GEM of the welfare programs, it's a wonderful lifeline.

Do your research. go to the USDA.gov website YOURSELF and it will give you this information. Spreading mis-info is not cool

Old 04-06-2015, 12:10 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,502,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
In the 1930's if you were on welfare, they came to your house regularly and if you had anything beyond the essentials they threw it out - right in front of you!

I'm all for it.
No the federal government had " Work Programs " during the 1930's for the unemployed and poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies