Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 07:05 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

Just utterly senseless.

Woman Killed for Laughing at Man Dangling Feet out of Car

Quote:
On Wednesday, just after noon, Denise Chiffon Berry, 44, and her 12-year-old son laughed when they passed a Cadillac where a man’s feet dangled outside the window.

The Cadillac began to follow them, eventually catching up with them as Berry, frightened, pulled over in front of a police car, where the officer told her to back up to his vehicle. Before the police officer could unfasten his seat belt, before Berry and her son could climb out of their vehicle, Robert Washington, 38, who was sitting in the passenger seat of the Cadillac with two handguns, opened fire, killing Berry and severely injuring her son.

The officer returned fire, killing Washington, who was accompanied by Stanley White, 24, who was driving, and Brandon White, 19, in the back seat. They are half-brothers, according to KTLA.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:08 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
Sounds like ISIS.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:12 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Sounds like ISIS.
That wasn't my first thought. My thoughts went to something else as I am sure will be confirmed as details come out about this.

Last edited by kanhawk; 04-04-2015 at 07:56 PM..

Old 04-04-2015, 07:19 PM
MJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
That wasn't my first thought. My thoughts went to something else as I am sure will be conformed as details come out about this.
Not as it was literally ISIS, but as in similar ideology as ISIS. If you draw a cartoon about me or even look at me funny I will murder you, you get it?

Old 04-04-2015, 07:30 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Well, in the case of ISIS they are less concerned with being dissed personally. It's all about forcing people to respect their religion.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:33 PM
MJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Well, in the case of ISIS they are less concerned with being dissed personally. It's all about forcing people to respect their religion.
At the end of the day it's insecurity.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:49 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Sounds like ISIS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
That wasn't my first thought. My thoughts went to something else as I am sure will be conformed as details come out about this.
Quote:
At the end of the day it's insecurity.
I just have to address the above quoted posts...Comparing ISIS to American's who just off anyone who offends them is actually rather an embarrassing comment....

Yet American shooters/killers claim afraid for their lives..or felt threatened or whatever..kinda explains a lot of the comments surrounding the need to (sorry right to) bear arms..AS someone might look at you the wrong way..Have to have that AKA because I'm entitled to..or Don't diss me or your DEAD..or Get your dog off my lawn or he's dead..The list goes on and on and on!! ATTITUDE translate into many languages..

Why can't people just move on..Why does anybody feel they have the RIGHT to kill another just "BECAUSE" they dissed me??? It's a big problem and perceptions by outsiders is important...

American's may say to me..keep out of here..Your opinion does't matter.. BUT hey..Guess what?..American's activities and Attitudes DO MATTER..since your Government has to work with the International Community...SMH

Old 04-04-2015, 07:51 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
I've laughed at the sight of that too. Guess I'd better be careful.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:54 PM
MJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I just have to address the above quoted posts...Comparing ISIS to American's who just off anyone who offends them is actually rather an embarrassing comment....

Yet American shooters/killers claim afraid for their lives..or felt threatened or whatever..kinda explains a lot of the comments surrounding the need to (sorry right to) bear arms..AS someone might look at you the wrong way..Have to have that AKA because I'm entitled to..or Don't diss me or your DEAD..or Get your dog off my lawn or he's dead..The list goes on and on and on!! ATTITUDE translate into many languages..

Why can't people just move on..Why does anybody feel they have the RIGHT to kill another just "BECAUSE" they dissed me??? It's a big problem and perceptions by outsiders is important...

American's may say to me..keep out of here..Your opinion does't matter.. BUT hey..Guess what?..American's activities and Attitudes DO MATTER..since your Government has to work with the International Community...SMH
Actually your opinion doesn't matter, at least it shouldn't. I don't care for Barbies, but that doesn't stop the millions of people purchasing them every year. And do I care that people don't care? Hell no. I think that is the idea, we all like different stuff. It's when people act insecure about their own actions, the idea of acceptance and normality. I always find it bizarre that people tend to care what others think of them, instead of just being themselves and doing whatever it is they like to do, as if someone else controls their behaviors, judgments and overall actions.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:54 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post

All that is completely irrelevant to the thread. You're introducing politics and a lot of other things here that don't apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies