Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 10:12 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
Good...That means programs, scientists, materiel, and leadership. All of them the UN found in the inspection regime.
None of which was a good enough reason to invade Iraq....should we invade Iran too while we are at it with pointless wars? Though I did like your vague list of things they could have found.....and yet, here we are with no WMDs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 10:17 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
The only thing that burns my underwear is the fact that him and his cronies made millions on this lie.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:30 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The only thing that burns my underwear is the fact that him and his cronies made millions on this lie.
Except it wasn't a lie.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:35 PM

847 posts, read 766,496 times
are people still cheer leading wars.

hasn't 6 trillion dollars been enough?

haven't thousands of American lives been enough?

1,866 posts, read 647,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
None of which was a good enough reason to invade Iraq....should we invade Iran too while we are at it with pointless wars? Though I did like your vague list of things they could have found.....and yet, here we are with no WMDs.
Those were not my vague list of things. Those are the UN's definition.

So explain to us. If the initials 'WMD' means only complete and functional nuclear weapons, and that Iraq never detonated even a single test device, does that mean the UN inspection regime was illegal from start ?

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Actually, he's right. You and every DNC cheerleader need to read the Iraqi War Resolution.
Yep.

And these were the reasons...

Old 04-07-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Actually, he's right. You and every DNC cheerleader need to read the Iraqi War Resolution.
Hey, what ever makes you believe Bush's lies this many years later.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Those were not my vague list of things. Those are the UN's definition.

So explain to us. If the initials 'WMD' means only complete and functional nuclear weapons, and that Iraq never detonated even a single test device, does that mean the UN inspection regime was illegal from start ?
The UN inspectors didn't wage an invasion war in Iraq, something Bush did when he lied to Americans.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:05 PM

1,866 posts, read 647,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The UN inspectors didn't wage an invasion war in Iraq, something Bush did when he lied to Americans.
That is not the point, which is that Bush 'lied' about WMD in Iraq.

Here is how the UN Iraq WMD inspection regime was set up, as I explained based upon publicly available information...

//www.city-data.com/forum/39120791-post261.html

If Bush 'lied', then so did the UN.

People like you worships the UN. You constantly hold the UN over your own country. So I am putting your god on trial over Iraq.

If Bush 'lied' about WMD in Iraq, that the WMD inspection regime was designed and implemented by the UN, that Iraq never detonated even a test nuclear device, let alone a packaged weapon, that mean the entire inspection regime was illegal and that the UN was complicit with Bush in that lie.

Do you agree ?

Old 04-07-2015, 11:30 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
That is not the point, which is that Bush 'lied' about WMD in Iraq.

Here is how the UN Iraq WMD inspection regime was set up, as I explained based upon publicly available information...

//www.city-data.com/forum/39120791-post261.html

If Bush 'lied', then so did the UN.

People like you worships the UN. You constantly hold the UN over your own country. So I am putting your god on trial over Iraq.

If Bush 'lied' about WMD in Iraq, that the WMD inspection regime was designed and implemented by the UN, that Iraq never detonated even a test nuclear device, let alone a packaged weapon, that mean the entire inspection regime was illegal and that the UN was complicit with Bush in that lie.

Do you agree ?
Ummm...yeah, nice try but not so much.

Kofi Annan himself said in 2004 that the invasion was illegal. So did Hans Blix, chief UN inspector. There was no clear mandate from the UN to go to war. The USA was hell-bent to go to war one way or another and nothing was going to stop them.

The only problem is that going to war in Iraq turned out to be completely idiotic, big waste of lives and money with nothing beneficial to show for it other than the anarchy that has now helped create ISIS. And the person who really spearheaded the rush to war was a man named Bush.

Why invading Iraq was a terrible mistake - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies