Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2015, 01:05 PM

29,609 posts, read 16,595,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Right. All those demonstrations were completely spontaneous.
Prove they werent.

Quote:
They've been using the 'community organizer' method of regime change for awhile now.
What exactly is that ????

Quote:
Civil war in Syria. Muslim Brotherhood takes over Egypt (until the Saudis overthrow them). Fascists take over Ukraine. ISIS running amok in various places including Iraq and Libya. O had nothing to do with any of it, right?
The Military, which has for the most part always been in control of Egypt were the ones who got rid of the Brotherhood as they did not agree to form the government in a way that the people had wanted.

The Fascist didnt take over Ukraine.

And of course O didnt have anything to do with it, are you claiming he went to Africa and the middle east and told ISIS to do what they wanted ???

If Obots weren't so pathetic, they would be funny.[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 01:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Nothing you said address the point being made. Libya had been in a state of civil disobedience for almost 2 years before the arab spring started and it was the UN who imposed a no fly zone over Libya, and it was France who first flew planes over Libya. Us being involved, is not the same as us starting it.
It doesn't matter. We had no business getting involved. Blame the U.N. I do not care, Libya was ruled with an iron first but at least it was being ruled unlike now.

We had no business getting involved in Syria. We have no business still being in Iraq and Afghanistan.

You'll note I give Obama credit for not starting another war with Iran.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:21 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,100,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It doesn't matter. We had no business getting involved. Blame the U.N. I do not care, Libya was ruled with an iron first but at least it was being ruled unlike now.

We had no business getting involved in Syria. We have no business still being in Iraq and Afghanistan.

At least in the Cold War when we overthrew a government we installed a new one. A brutal, dictatorial government, but a government that at least gave the appearance that they were providing services. Man, those were the simple times.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:25 PM

37,960 posts, read 17,905,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
It's very relevant. If you tell me I screwed up it's one thing. If you tell me I lied it's quite another. I'll be willing to admit to the former if there is a scintilla of evidence, but I'll never admit to the latter without absolute proof, which you are unlikely to get.

I work under a contract. My contract stipulates that lying is a firing offense. Screwing up is not.
He did lie. "No more nation building"

Old 04-05-2015, 01:28 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,470,334 times
Q: If Bush didn't lie, why did the U.S. stay almost a decade in Iraq AFTER it became clear that WMD were not found and Saddam himself executed.
(I guess if we left Iraq in 2004, very few would talk about it today).

Old 04-05-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He did lie. "No more nation building"
There has been no nation building....just nation destroying.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:36 PM

335 posts, read 424,609 times
Quote:
while squandering trillions of dollars, just like Republicans want to do in Iran.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
well, we tried to nation build, the money just kept disapearing, LOL

Old 04-05-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:

It does matter, i wasnt responding to comment about us simply being involved, the premise was us starting it and we didnt.

context matters.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhandem View Post
while squandering trillions of dollars, just like Republicans want to do in Iran.
I don't disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies