Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 06:29 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
How else would AA come about to benefit women and minorities?
By making racist sexist statements like you did?

Quote:
Sometimes those facts can hurt.
You don't use facts, just emotional bigotry.

Quote:
Also, nothing I said was racist. Try again.
Again "I like how white males" A select few who are the elite does not cover an entire race and gender. Try again.

You make an all encompassing statement and don't understand? Are your comprehension skills that poor? Rhetorical
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 06:32 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
As Afrocentrists love to remind everyone, we are ALL ultimately from Africa, so this man is not lying, and neither is any white, Hispanic, Asian or other ethnicity that claims to be African.

God bless him and I hope others follow suit. He has as much right to that 450 point SAT curve as anyone.
I don't like any applicants getting privilege based on something they were born with. That said, anyone who has the opportunity to do so, should. Take care of number one first. But Vijay may have gone a wee bit too far imo.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:51 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,883,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I don't like any applicants getting privilege based on something they were born with. That said, anyone who has the opportunity to do so, should. Take care of number one first. But Vijay may have gone a wee bit too far imo.
How did he go too far? I just don't see it.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:56 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
People get seriously angry about being the victims of racial discrimination.

In my viewpoint and that of many other people, yes it was, and if you say stuff like this in person you should be aware that a large number of the people around you think you are a racist (or at best are expressing racist views in the instance) but keep their mouths shut because it's in person and it's easier not to rock the boat.
Yeah, considering my last three girlfriends were white, I'm pretty sure I'm not racist. Not that I care what random people think of me, anyways.

I could've said 'the white males who were in a position of making hiring decisions' or 'the bigoted, sexist, xenophobic white males', but I just assumed adults would be able to comprehend the difference between making a general statement using the appropriate relative terms and making an all encompassing blanket statement with racial undertones.

Silly me.

Quote:
By making racist sexist statements like you did?

You don't use facts, just emotional bigotry.

Again "I like how white males" A select few who are the elite does not cover an entire race and gender. Try again.

You make an all encompassing statement and don't understand? Are your comprehension skills that poor? Rhetorical
Not a fact, just emotional bigotry? Then explain to me how Affirmative Action came about. Don't worry, I'll wait.

And I used general terms to describe all parties, white males, women and minorities. Not all white males are racist and not all women and minorities were a victim of discrimination. Not hard to understand.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:13 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,984 times
Hmmm. Someone with a GPA of 3.1 and MCAT score of 31 is a serious candidate for medical school. Not the top ones but good enough for some. Especially the MCAT score. And this was 17 years ago (more GPA inflation since then).

Old 04-05-2015, 07:36 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
LOL!

Affirmative Action is a racial spoils system at its worst.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:44 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
People cheat. Is this supposed to be news?

Old 04-05-2015, 07:45 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
LOL!

Affirmative Action is a racial spoils system at its worst.
Agreed if talking about skin color or "national origin".

Old 04-05-2015, 07:47 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
I don't like any applicants getting privilege based on something they were born with.
Then you must support the "death tax." Do you? Or is your opinion only applicable to applicants?

Quote:
That said, anyone who has the opportunity to do so, should. Take care of number one first. But Vijay may have gone a wee bit too far imo.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:57 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,668 times
Quote:
I like how white males get mad at Affirmative Action when it was the discriminatory practices against miniorties and women that was the reason for the creation of AA.
Well, I guess that we could just admit that discrimination and wrong and that we shouldn't do it anymore. But that's probably wishful thinking, huh?
But hey, good for him for getting one over on a racist system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies