Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 05:35 PM

3,350 posts, read 2,834,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well then you should homeschool your children, it isn't like parents are unaware that within a public school, there is a curriculum that children will be learning. Though it would also require a parent to be aware of what their children are learning in school, this tends to be the fault of the parent and child.

Also, there is this thing called "factual information" when it comes to sex education, and that is something a parent or teacher is fully capable of teaching a student.

Actually I wasn't concerned about your approval of a high teen pregnancy/std rate, I was making a point that is what you get when teaching abstinence only and nothing else.
I agree, do not ruin it for the rest of the kids want to learn it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 05:36 PM

920 posts, read 628,900 times
Quote:
Well it is easy to figure out when abstinence only is taught, the rate of teenage pregnancy goes up because those teens are not being taught other things about sex.
Like aborting a pregnancy or using the morning after pill?

Old 04-08-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
and the decision to teach your own child either/none/or both is your right as a parent and should not be usurped by a public employee that will spend less than 9 months with your child and probably knows nothing more than his/her name and whether he/she is annoying or not.
do not enroll your kids in school then

Old 04-08-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Home school them then
Exactly...that is why homeschooling is becoming an increasingly popular choice among parents...and why the teachers' union HATES it.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Your children will all eventually have sex with or without your knowing and permission. You are better to properly educate and prepare them for the sex they will eventually have than you are to assume they will never have sex.

My children will do a lot of things with or without my knowledge, that does not mean I have to turn over their moral education to a public employee.

Just because progressives are too lazy or have no moral compass of their own, doesn't mean they get to project that onto the rest of society and force other parents to relinquish the moral education of their children.

Why do progressive automatically assume that if children are not indoctrinated by a government sanctioned employee, that they will not receive information about sex or any other topic?

Old 04-08-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I am pretty sure that would mean ALL sexual acts.....or do you think Caligula didn't do any vaginal intercourse.

I never said that. I said a starting point would be activities he did NOT engage in.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
My children will do a lot of things with or without my knowledge, that does not mean I have to turn over their moral education to a public employee.

Just because progressives are too lazy or have no moral compass of their own, doesn't mean they get to project that onto the rest of society and force other parents to relinquish the moral education of their children.

Why do progressive automatically assume that if children are not indoctrinated by a government sanctioned employee, that they will not receive information about sex or any other topic?
Some children do not have any parents figures or parent do not want to talk about it at all.
The currently birth rates are down so teaching sex ed works.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:55 PM

4,434 posts, read 6,951,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Sex can't be denied or defeated, too powerful. Teens should be taught more than abstinence.
For sure. When I was in School there was little discussions on the wisdom of abstinence.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:02 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,007,144 times
Quote:
Like aborting a pregnancy or using the morning after pill?
And condoms and birth control and abstinence until ready.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:05 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,007,144 times
Quote:

Why do right wingers always thing education is some "indoctrination?" If you don't like public schools, don't send your child to public schools.

Quote:
I never said that. I said a starting point would be activities he did NOT engage in.
Like what? What activities did Caligula not engage in that would be considered "normal sex acts?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies