Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 11:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I thought bringing in a few stats might bring in a more realistic view of the situation. Like you I am not against sex education in the schools. Depending on a child's raising, sometimes the only education they get about sex, is through the schools.
Actual stats as opposed to claims are good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 11:15 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Somehow I'm not concerned that people are going to go extinct.
The study of ancient civilizations and reasons given for them to have gone extinct has always fascinated me. And for today's people to believe people will exist forever, I'm not so sure that is true.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Look at Japan they been in recession for long period and they are barley having one children which is going hurt them.

My parents and their friends from Chicago during the AIDS and crack Endemic , they made something out themselves.
My Generation it is hard to get your foot in door especially if you don't have a bachelor.
We need stable rates
imho, people are looking at the decline in birth rates (world wide) through a narrow scope.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
The study of ancient civilizations and reasons given for them to have gone extinct has always fascinated me. And for today's people to believe people will exist forever, I'm not so sure that is true.
They may not be here forever but the problem with less people isn't extinction. It means there are fewer coming on board to pay for those who do not contribute anything.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:21 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,536 times
Quote:
imho, people are looking at the decline in birth rates (world wide) through a narrow scope.
Well I am not panicking but it could hurt us.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:23 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Was your mother also with you the first time you had sex?
What a stupid, stupid remark.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:31 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,157 times
Quote:
The teenagers pregnancy has gone down and women are less children than before so sex ed. We plenty of skills workers and educated but some companies do not pay them. You are going have working or poor class that capitalism works and Somebody has take of baby boomers who are living up to hundred and someone. Or you can have more immigrants.
No, we don't have "plenty of skilled workers..." because no matter what their education (and most of that is not quality education) in order to earn your salary you have to start at the bottom and actually gain "EXPERIENCE" before any education is worth anything to your employer. If you cannot make your employer a profit then you are not worth paying. Today's so-called educated folks thinking they can just step in and demand a higher salary are delusional...they need that on-the-job experience to justify a good salary.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:06 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
No, we don't have "plenty of skilled workers..." because no matter what their education (and most of that is not quality education) in order to earn your salary you have to start at the bottom and actually gain "EXPERIENCE" before any education is worth anything to your employer. If you cannot make your employer a profit then you are not worth paying. Today's so-called educated folks thinking they can just step in and demand a higher salary are delusional...they need that on-the-job experience to justify a good salary.
Most of us do not know we are not going make 70k out of school when we got out of school but we are not getting chances.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:40 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
The teenagers pregnancy has gone down and women are less children than before so sex ed. We plenty of skills workers and educated but some companies do not pay them. You are going have working or poor class that capitalism works and Somebody has take of baby boomers who are living up to hundred and someone. Or you can have more immigrants.
By constantly increasing our population growth thru immigration to care for the elderly in this country who is going to take care of them when they become elderly? We have to stabilize our population growth not constantly increase it. Things like our social and natural resources and job availability should enter into any decisions about increasing our population growth via immigration. We have millions of Americans out of work already. Sometimes it takes a month to get in to see a doctor. There are water shortages especially in the southwest. We already have overcrowded schools, jails and hospitals. Some people have such tunnel vision for the future of our country.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They may not be here forever but the problem with less people isn't extinction. It means there are fewer coming on board to pay for those who do not contribute anything.
You're right on the second part except maybe in the area of fewer people, fewer the consumption of goods. Plenty to eat when there are less people to feed.
If the decline in fertility continues at present rate or increases, see it makes me wonder, if not extinction then, which (natural) country will be the last one standing?

How the Total Fertility Rate Impacts a Country's Population
Quote:
On the other hand, more than 70 countries have (as of mid-2007) a total fertility rate of less than 2! Without immigration or an increase in total fertility rates, all of these countries will have declining populations over the next few decades. Some of the lowest total fertility rates include developed as well as developing countries alike. For example: Singapore at 1.07, Lithuania at 1.21, Czech Republic at 1.22, Japan at 1.23, and even Canada at 1.61 (the European Union as a whole has a very low total fertility rate of 1.5!)
There was a report made a few years back on Russia's 1.5 birth rate. That report peaked my curiosity, because if women for whatever reason, stop having babies at a rate in which to multiply growth, it seems to me that time dictates that which is sure to follow.

CIA revealed the real rate of extinction Russian | Encyclopedia of safety
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies