Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 08:09 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,722,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Don't push abstinence-only on others. If you want your children getting pregnant as teens, fine for you but don't impose your personal failed ideologies on others.
OK. So what other wisdom do you have for us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 08:11 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,722,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The essence of the hardcore anti-abortion, anti-sex education, anti-contraceptive mob is very simple: sex is dirty!
That is a total lie. In fact, you have it exactly backwards.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:17 PM

3,350 posts, read 2,845,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
birth and adoption are "final"? What? The newborn baby will now get a chance at life instead of no life at all.

That statement says a lot about how the "pro choice" people view human life.
Our adoption system is broken and people barely want kids at all.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,151,656 times
Quote:
The irony is that the pro choice people are protecting a persons right to choose, while pro-life is protecting a persons life. The mother wouldn't be alive if she were aborted. The "choice" that they are referring to is ALWAYS about abortion. If they were being honest then a "pro choice" advocate would encourage adoption as a solid alternative.
Another irony is that many of those same pro choice people are against the death penalty and also against KFC for killing chickens.
So, its morally wrong to kill a crazy murder-rapist? But, its none of our business if babies are aborted?
Against KFC for killing chickens? You are reaching with that one. Well let me know when we can start growing these unwanted 6 week old fetuses outside of a woman's body.

Also, the death penalty isn't morally wrong, it is an easy way out for that crazy murder-rapist. I would rather they die in prison after a very long life in a cell than to give them an easy out.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:35 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,062,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Against KFC for killing chickens? You are reaching with that one. Well let me know when we can start growing these unwanted 6 week old fetuses outside of a woman's body.

Also, the death penalty isn't morally wrong, it is an easy way out for that crazy murder-rapist. I would rather they die in prison after a very long life in a cell than to give them an easy out.
Yeah I agree with your logic. I believe in the death penalty. If someone takes someone else's life then they should pay with theirs. I also agree though that the death penalty is the easy way out. It's better to let them rot in prison and be somebody's b**ch for the rest of their life. Being somebody's b**ch and losing your manhood is a lot bigger punishment than getting a needle stuck in your arm.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:11 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,584,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Not true at all. Having gone through all the marriage classes that the Catholic Church requires for being married in the Church, that's not the case at all. Sex between a husband and a wife, open to the act of procreation, is a gift from G-d and the ultimate bonding of husband and wife. Nothing dirty or unpleasant about it. Read Catechism if you doubt me, it's all in there. Heck, they tell you at a Catholic wedding Mass to be fruitful and multiply, which is essentially a priest giving a married couple a "get busy and do it often" recommendation.

There's nothing wrong with thinking that way. And again, even the most religious folks understand the world we live in, and while abstinence can and should be stressed (since it has the only 100% guarantee if exercised), OF COURSE you should be comprehensive in teaching your kids the various methods of protecting themselves assuming they let sin get the better of them. And in the eyes of almost every major religion...sex outside the husband-wife marriage is a sin. Christians, Jews, Muslims, and even old pagan carry overs all pretty much want sex happening inside marriage.

And none of this is based on resentment for other humans, but on respect for them. It's respectful for a man to wait until a woman is his wife before he has sex with her. That is respecting the woman, not resenting her. I care enough about you to put this awesome thing off until we are fully, permanently committed to each other.

Is it impractical, antiquated, and rarely followed in the modern world? Sure, I guess. But it doesn't make the idea of it ugly or repellent. It is tough, as are most "live your life in a more Christ-like fashion" things we are called to. Sin is easy, fun and none of us are getting hit by bolts of lightning or being turned into pillars of salt, so why not? But the idea of saving oneself for marriage is a nice, pleasant, wholesome kind of thing for some people. It doesn't make them resentful mutants or anything, it just means they have a different value system than you do.
This:
Quote:
It's respectful for a man to wait until a woman is his wife before he has sex with her.
and this:
Quote:
It doesn't make them resentful mutants or anything, it just means they have a different value system than you do.
Actually all of it. This is a an excellent post!

Old 04-16-2015, 03:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,514,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That is a total lie.
No it isn't.

Quote:
In fact, you have it exactly backwards.
No I don't.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:09 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,853,601 times
Quote:
birth and adoption are "final"? What? The newborn baby will now get a chance at life instead of no life at all.

That statement says a lot about how the "pro choice" people view human life.
I actually have the gravest respect for life. For ALL life. I don't place a fetus's life above that of a woman and her existing children. Why do you?

Old 04-16-2015, 09:12 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,853,601 times
Quote:
If they were being honest then a "pro choice" advocate would encourage adoption as a solid alternative.
Counselors explain all the options to a woman. Abortion, adoption, keeping the baby. Counselors actually ask the women questions. They don't judge the woman. They don't belittle her. They actually respect her. When pro-life advocates harass women, they aren't showing respect for life. They are actually waging a power play against her.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:57 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,704,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I actually have the gravest respect for life. For ALL life. I don't place a fetus's life above that of a woman and her existing children. Why do you?
I've noticed that you continue to defend women in all of your posts. At least you are consistent. However, we need to compare apples to apples. Pregnancy lasts 9 months, the average life is 70 years.
And, people think that if they have an abortion then all their problems will just disappear. The only thing that disappears is the fetus in their womb. Their boyfriend isn't going to love them anymore. Their boss isn't going to give them a raise.
Those same situations (i.e. unwanted pregnancy) are going to happen again unless they change their behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies