Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 01:57 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
But a law is put in place so people DO suffer the consequences of their action.

Example:

Ex-1Jimmy murders someone, he is convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison. This is fair and justifiable, a human being is dead because of Jimmy.

Ex-2 Jimmy drops acid and has 1.5 oz's of marijuana in his home, jimmy is sentenced to 10 years in prison. This is not fair, jimmy didn't alter anyone's life and certainly didn't harm anyone.

You see, some laws are wrong, authority CAN be wrong. Murder should be punished, doing drugs should not, simple as that.
Show me someone serving 10 years in prison for using acid and marijuana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I don't appreciate your sarcasm, if something happened in your life that truly lead you to believe that than I would say go ahead and do it, it's your choice, this country was founded on freedom of beliefs. Nothing I said is any more ridiculous than Christianity.
Christianity does not involve poisonous chemicals.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:01 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Show me someone serving 10 years in prison for using acid and marijuana
Patricia Marilyn Spottedcrow Gets 10 Years In Prison For $31 Of Marijuana

Shrug. Its not uncommon, I know someone who served 7 for acid.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:04 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
But a law is put in place so people DO suffer the consequences of their action.

Example:

Ex-1Jimmy murders someone, he is convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison. This is fair and justifiable, a human being is dead because of Jimmy.

Ex-2 Jimmy drops acid and has 1.5 oz's of marijuana in his home, jimmy is sentenced to 10 years in prison. This is not fair, jimmy didn't alter anyone's life and certainly didn't harm anyone.

You see, some laws are wrong, authority CAN be wrong. Murder should be punished, doing drugs should not, simple as that.
I would agree that using drugs should not be punished IF the user (or voluntary charity) pays for the consequences of the use. That is currently not the case.

Suppose you take your LSD and wind up in a tax-funded mental institution? You wind up punishing the taxpayer (taking money from him) when, to quote you, the taxpayer "didn't alter anyone's life and certainly didn't harm anyone." How do you justify that?

LSD-Topic Overview

Quote:
Serious psychiatric conditions can develop after even one use of LSD. The cause of these effects is not known. The effects include:
  • Drug-induced psychosis. Psychosis is a serious condition in which the person has lost the ability to recognize reality, think rationally, or communicate with others

Old 04-06-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Patricia Marilyn Spottedcrow Gets 10 Years In Prison For $31 Of Marijuana

Shrug. Its not uncommon, I know someone who served 7 for acid.
She was a drug dealer dealing out of her home, having her children make the change. Good riddance to this open soar on the community.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:10 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,047,177 times
Quote:
Umm.. LSD is not a poisonous chemical, it rejuvenates your body and mind, it's 3 lousy NATURAL compounds. The only current dangers of "lsd" are some jerk passing off some chemical as LSD to unsuspecting victims, if it was legal it would be tested for and regulated.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:12 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,047,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I would agree that using drugs should not be punished IF the user (or voluntary charity) pays for the consequences of the use. That is currently not the case.

Suppose you take your LSD and wind up in a tax-funded mental institution? You wind up punishing the taxpayer (taking money from him) when, to quote you, the taxpayer "didn't alter anyone's life and certainly didn't harm anyone." How do you justify that?

LSD-Topic Overview
[/list]
If you're pre-disposed to mental illness you're a ticking time bomb, it would happen no matter what. I believe LSD is an important experience for the human soul, psylocybin mushrooms as well to an extent. If everyone did it once in their life around the age of 19-21 years old we'd have a much more understanding and spiritual world.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:13 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Most religions become very angry at those who contact the divine without first being put to death.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:15 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
She was a drug dealer dealing out of her home, having her children make the change. Good riddance to this open soar on the community.
She got tagged for $31 worth of pot. Sentenced to over a decade at a cost to the tax payer exceeding a quarter of a million dollars.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:21 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,123,798 times
Quote:
like LSD?? My god you people are hopeless. You really deserve legalization and all it's consequences, I hope you get it.
Lolz, have you met anybody whos OD'd and died on LSD or been a long term addict?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies