Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 11:09 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times

Advertisements

Do Hispanic voters get some special privilege we don't know about? He could identify as Black or female but he still gets one vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 12:56 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I'm half and my wife is a full blood. We are constantly accused of being turn coats because we embrace American culture. freedom and liberty.

We are also fluently bilingual, successful entrepreneurs, highly educated and fiercely independent. Put all three of our kids thru private school k-12. We grabbed the American dream by the balls and squeezed until we got the promise of a better life that drove our forebearers to come to this country several generations ago.

Put that in your Hispanic generalized scrimshaw pipe and smoke it.
Sorry, if I seemed to generalize but what I meant is the majority of Hispanics. You and your wife could be exceptions to the rule. It is also true that the majority of Hispanics (mostly of Mexican roots) are pro-amnesty because of that tribal mentality. Since you are half Hispanic I wasn't taking about you. I said non-Hispanics (of which you aren't) adapt to their spouses culture rather than the other way around.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Flashback: Jeb Bush Claims He Was Florida's First 'Latino Governor' - Breitbart

“If Bill Clinton is the first black president, then I’m definitely the first Cuban—or eaLatino—governor of Florida,” Bush said at an luncheon sponsored by the Hispanic Leadership Network, which is a part of of the centrist and pro-amnesty American Action Network
Jeb Bush is not Latino just because he identifies with his wife's culture and he certainly isn't Cuban because his family wasn't from Cuba and neither was he. Cuban is a nationality.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:10 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
As I said, what is odd is that every time a non-Hispanic marries a Hispanic they seem to adopt the Hispanic culture rather than the other way around. It appears that Hispanics are adamant about their culture and have a tribal mentality. Their non-Hispanic spouse seems to have to be the one to change and adapt not the other way around.
Nope, it actually depends. My husband is more familiar with my culture than the other way around, though much being due to prior exposure. You're more likely to find my culture's music playing in his car than his own, not that he doesn't love his own. Of course, I love learning about his culture and have prior exposure (my culture has some Hispanic culture infused anyway). I've learned to cook some of his culture's food and mix it up, for example. I definitely enjoy and adopt. We both come from amazingly rich cultures.

Maybe it depends on the culture that marries the Hispanic...

Old 04-07-2015, 09:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Nope, it actually depends. My husband is more familiar with my culture than the other way around, though much being due to prior exposure. You're more likely to find my culture's music playing in his car than his own, not that he doesn't love his own. Of course, I love learning about his culture and have prior exposure (my culture has some Hispanic culture infused anyway). I've learned to cook some of his culture's food and mix it up, for example. I definitely enjoy and adopt. We both come from amazingly rich cultures.

Maybe it depends on the culture that marries the Hispanic...
Too; it depends on the "Hispanic". 1 of Dominican family is usually a LOT different than a Chilean whose people came from Germany tho both would be "Hispanic" in the US but different races.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:57 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Too; it depends on the "Hispanic". 1 of Dominican family is usually a LOT different than a Chilean whose people came from Germany tho both would be "Hispanic" in the US but different races.
It is about the culture they choose to preserve, if that is important to them at all. So-called race doesn't really make a difference

Old 04-08-2015, 06:43 AM

In Jeb Bush's case it isn't just that he has adopted the Hispanic culture in regards to food, music, etc. but he has adopted the language and apparently the disregard for our immigration laws. This does not make for good presidency material. That is the one thing that I have noticed when many non-Hispanics marry a Hispanic all of a sudden they are pro-amnesty for illegal aliens.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:09 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
remember, the right hammered warren over some supposed native american thing, i want to see if they'll stay quiet here or not.

NY Times: Jeb Bush Identified as Hispanic on Voting Form | Mediaite
I am not a troll but a hard right wing republican who thinks the best republican President of the 20th century was Ronald Reagan while the best President, this may surprise some, was democrat Harry Truman. The worst President is the one we got now while the second worst was Carter the peanut man both ranking behind Richard Nixon.

Harry Truman was real and if there ever is an addition to Mt Rushmore it should be him.

But speaking as a hard right wing republican the whole idea of Jeb Bush running makes me want to puke!

Anyone, and I do mean anyone, but him. Well, almost anyone. If Hillary or DeBlasio ends up running against Boosh III wannabe I'd probably stay home.

But seriously, the whole idea of a Booosh III makes me blind with disgust.

Last edited by nicet4; 04-08-2015 at 07:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies