Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 11:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Hi-Spani-c

Decedents of Spain.... Spaniards were white Catholic Christians, that spoke the Spanish language.
You think it was a term used for brown people, in a racist context?
You added race to it. It has nothing to with race, and everything to do with culture. In US they are Spanish speaking people from Latin America, including Mexico and Spanish speaking islanders. They can be descendants of African slaves, or blue eyed Germans. It doesn't matter what race they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 12:01 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
His Spanic is Allah's Spanic.

The moor you think about it, the moor it makes sense.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:24 PM

920 posts, read 634,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
remember, the right hammered warren over some supposed native american thing, i want to see if they'll stay quiet here or not.

NY Times: Jeb Bush Identified as Hispanic on Voting Form | Mediaite

I can't stand Jeb Bush. He is a typical elitist politician and if he gets the GOP nomination, I will not vote for him. Now, someone come up with a name as creative as Faux-cahontos or Lie-awatha, and I will use that when referring to Jeb Bush going forward.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The American education system at work Gotta love it . . . Reading is fundamental
Well, he is pro-common core...seems like he takes it to heart in his own life...and not just for the money he can make off it!

Old 04-06-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Next thing you know, Jeb will claim to be more JFK than JFK was.
Only because Obama compared himself to every other American President...JFK is the only one left.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:32 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
remember, the right hammered warren over some supposed native american thing, i want to see if they'll stay quiet here or not.

NY Times: Jeb Bush Identified as Hispanic on Voting Form | Mediaite
Why? Votes, duh! The same reason Barry changed his name to Barack and packaged himself as a US Black. A man of the people, who really gets the African American experience, lol. In reality, he's the privileged son of diplomats, raised in the international community, Hawaii and the Ivy League. This is what politicians do.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:32 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I am struggling to see a parallel. Elizabeth Warren used her claim of Native American heritage to her benefit. What benefit did JB get?

How does one become Hispanic? George Romney was born in Mexican. Is he Hispanic? Ted Cruz was born in Canada. Is he not Hispanic?

Interesting take. Has you ever heard him say he is Hispanic? Maybe he just wanted to be JFK on a different level, "Yo so Hispanola".

Did Bush ever publicly declare he was Hispanic? If not, what benefit was he deriving IF he intentionally filled out the card that way?

Awesome observation.... I almost spit out my coffee.

If it wasn't a mistake, what was the purpose?

But I am guessing you voted twice for Obama twice? Despite his known lies?

I am a consistent conservative and when I see a parallel to what Elizabeth Warren did, I'll call it out.

The MOST interesting thing that NO ONE talking about here is how the NYT is digging around GOP candidates backgrounds to the nth degree and we still don't know Obama's SATs, LSATs, or grades from any school.
Brilliant

Old 04-06-2015, 12:49 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
I don't see the problem here. Obama labeled himself as "African American" on the last census and is constantly referred to as being "black" despite being biracial as a man of Irish American and Kenyan ethnicity. However Democrats will defend that all day.

Besides, liberals should be defending Jeb's right to do this....after all...a man (with a penis) can call himself and be identified as a "woman" just because he feels like it and vice versa. With the left, nothing is defined, and there are no boundaries. Left can be right, right can be wrong...it doesn't matter to them. It's all about "feelings."

Old 04-06-2015, 12:56 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Seriously? Is there an actual school of thought that says people can become "Hispanic" by learning Spanish and marrying a Mexican?

No. He obviously made a mistake.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:59 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
I wonder how Hispanics would get along with Moslems living in adjoining neighborhoods.

Just preachy I bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies