Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 12:44 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
A lot of people who'd criticize the expansion of Mosques don't understand the problem. People that go to and run Mosques in western society are by and large (i.e. the vast majority) your best friends in the war on terrorism committed by Muslims. You'll find that the folks who ally themselves to groups like ISIS usually don't go to a proper Mosque as they view normal Imams as sellouts and they can't find other sympathizers to their cause, and therefore they reach to the internet to congregate.

Now according to the FBI, in the USA the #1 domestic terror threat is right-wing extremists and Christian fundamentalist groups. We should be allocating our resources accordingly.
My thoughts exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 02:03 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,010,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I'm not French, and don't really care how many Mosques are built in France. If you're not French either, what is your problem?

In America we need to demand that more colleges and universities are built, along with a lowering of tuition costs. This is more important to Americans then the number of mosques in France...
I have a keen interest in the survival of western civilization. Islam is incompatible with western civilization. We also have a growing muslim population in the US. Hence my interest.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:15 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I have a keen interest in the survival of western civilization. Islam is incompatible with western civilization. We also have a growing muslim population in the US. Hence my interest.
Western civilization will live on with the US regardless of what changes happen in France. American culture since world war II has become the dominate influence in western civilization. As for the Muslim population growing in the US, it's minuscule as compared with the mostly Roman Catholic Latin American growth. What's happening in France isn't even remotely happening in the US...

Old 04-07-2015, 02:15 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Why would it be an issue to open more mosques?

Oh, right. Bigotry.
By the same logic, one could call you a misogynist for throwing up a racial smokescreen surrounding a religion that is largely oppressive to women.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:21 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Western civilization will live on with the US regardless of what changes happen in France. American culture since world war II has become the dominate influence in western civilization. As for the Muslim population growing in the US, it's minuscule as compared with the mostly Roman Catholic Latin American growth. What's happening in France isn't even remotely happening in the US...
Excellent post.

The growing RC Latin American segment makes for some fascinating pandering and double standards from both parties as they try to hang onto thier loyalists while wooing that segment. Social issues like gays and abortion are particularily prickly in some of those efforts....as well as (duh) immigration.

Watching gay marriage (unfortunately) go down in flames in California should have clued in some people....although the mormons were conveniently available to take the blame for striking it down. Other groups that contributed to defeating gay marriage as well were given a political hall-pass lol.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:55 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
This is a belief that many right-wing extremists have as they share the same idea of Islam as ISIS and Al-Qaeda do. Fortunately both groups are terribly wrong in their kindergarten understanding of our religion.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:50 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
This is a belief that many right-wing extremists have as they share the same idea of Islam as ISIS and Al-Qaeda do. Fortunately both groups are terribly wrong in their kindergarten understanding of our religion.
If they share the same idea it sure doesn't show up in terrorist attacks or deaths. Next time I hear of right wing religious extremist cutting off someone’s head or self detonating while screaming "Jesus Saves" they will be as big of a threat as the Muslim fundamentalist. I don't use the term all Muslims because it is not all.

The 'Christians are as bad as Islam narrative' is not even closely substantiated by Terrorist attacks and people killed in the name of Islam.

From the list below you will see that when 'Islamic fundamentalist' are not killing each other they are attacking every other major religion and people on earth.

Don't see many Christian or other religions on the list:
List of battles and other violent events by death toll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-07-2015 at 04:08 PM..

Old 04-07-2015, 04:04 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
LOL...France gets zero sympathy from me on this one. It should have stayed out of other people's countries. Spare me the tears as they make their way into yours and religiously/culturally impact the society.
So, they are paying for the sins of former French people of the past So it's revenge time, or eye for and eye as they say in the middle east? The problem with that logic is it never ends until the groups find common ground or one destroys the other.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:16 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If they share the same idea it sure doesn't show up in terrorist attacks or deaths. Next time I hear of right wing religious extremist cutting off someone’s head or self detonating while screaming "Jesus Saves" they will be as big of a threat as the Muslim fundamentalist. I don't use the term all Muslims because it is not all.

The 'Christians are as bad as Islam narrative' is not even closely substantiated by Terrorist attacks and people killed in the name of Islam.

From the list below you will see that when 'Islamic fundamentalist' are not killing each other they are attacking every other major religion and people on earth.

Don't see many Christian or other religions on the list:
List of battles and other violent events by death toll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You don't get it. They have the same *understanding* of Islam. As in they both believe Islam to be inherently violent, at war with the world, etc... Fox News purports this view and so does ISIS, and they're both terribly wrong.

And uhhh Christian fundamentalist groups don't commit acts of terror? LOL. Check out the Central African Republic where they are literally going through ethnic cleansing of the Muslim population. Also check out who is the #1 domestic terror threat according to the FBI...right-wing Christian fundamentalist groups.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:22 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Not true. 20 years ago I couldnt find a mosque if I tried. Today they are going up everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies