Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 10:04 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times

Advertisements

it takes a lot to offend me, as i usually consider the source of anything negative said about me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 01:14 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,612,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
In the wake of the Kentucky basketball player using the N word controversy and some people taking serious offense (I did not, but I do think there's a double standard involved here....), I'm just wondering, what's it take to offend you?

For me, being Catholic, fiscally conservative, and having special needs niece, I sometimes gets offended around those three topics, but generally, I have pretty thick skin.
I'm an AA right-winger and you'd be hard pressed to find anything that could offend me. I'm just secure in myself and who I am. I will never understand people who are easily offended. I just don't get the thought process behind reacting like a petulant child or violent animal anytime someone says something you don't like. I don't understand having my emotions controlled by other people.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:21 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Default How easily are you offended?

I have pretty thick skin.

Being a regular in this forum, I field numerous insults on a daily basis.

Not taking yourself too seriously helps to smooth those little bumps in life's road.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:21 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Marijuana cultivation and use should be banned.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:39 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
Not easily at all. I'm not going to stand there while someone insults me, personally, to my face or anything but off the cuff remarks, words, terms, etc. used by people in other context are never a problem for me no matter what they are. I don't get on with sensitive people who seem to go out of their way to look for things others do/say so they can cry.

And I can't be like the "don't say that word in front of me" poster because I know my personal experiences aren't shared by everyone and that much of the time words are just sounds without any personal malice behind them. Can't make myself that important to be honest.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:08 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,123,595 times
I'm not thick skinned and I guess I am easily offended. There's some things that I can let roll off my back, but when it comes to something I'm passionate about I do get offended, but I'm willing to hear the other side of the story and maybe I misunderstood their POV.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
In the wake of the Kentucky basketball player using the N word controversy and some people taking serious offense (I did not, but I do think there's a double standard involved here....), I'm just wondering, what's it take to offend you?

For me, being Catholic, fiscally conservative, and having special needs niece, I sometimes gets offended around those three topics, but generally, I have pretty thick skin.

Not much at all. I can wear it all as a badge of honor. I earned it!
There are some here, highly offended by reply posts on the forum. Like a vendetta. They will abuse the report button by hitting it over and over to get you banned and your posts removed(notice your post deleted?) Liberals are taught to flag opposing political posts all over the web to get them removed. This place is not immune.

Last edited by BentBow; 04-10-2015 at 07:23 AM..

Old 04-10-2015, 07:25 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
I get offended by people who are offended by my offensiveness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies