Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 08:01 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times

Advertisements

While Washington continues to cut back funding, so do our communities....so, there are less and less officers available when you need them....
so, this guy, had enough, and we're hearing more and more stories, like this, and I'm so glad....
Citizens, need to fight crime, regardless....by getting as much information as we can about the car they are driving, license plates, etc.

This Is What Happens When Criminal Suspects Push a Law-Abiding Gun Owner Too Far: ‘I’m Just Tired of It’ | Video | TheBlaze.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 08:24 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Good outcome.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:33 AM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Textbook excellent police procedure and he's not even a cop. Well, I guess we're all going to have to be the police.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:37 AM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Although in Philly a legal gun owner and concealed carry permit holder did give gun owners a black eye. The guy was a basketball coach for kids and got into an argument with several spectators at a game. He was apparently frightened and drew his weapon and fired a warning shot through a window to ward off those he was arguing with. I don't think he did it maliciously, just out of stupidity and poor judgment. Hey, it's Philly.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:39 AM

yes, and thanks to both of you

I think it's high time American's stand up and be counted....we have been silent long enough, and in order for change to come, people have to be vigulante....we're at fault here by not speaking up.

Another poster just wrote me something which also pertains to this thread...

A way for evil to spread is when good men do nothing....

and that is so true.....

I'm tired of the crime, and tired of reading that innocent by-standers are shot by drive by gangs....

enough is enough, people, stand up and be counted....the only way to fight crime is to do something about it....

And that goes for our folks in Washington, who we pay to protect us, I might add.....they keep cutting back on funding, but taxing us more, where is all that money going to?

And lets not make this a dems against Repubs....issue here, as both of them are corrupt....and if you don't see that, there is something wrong.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
I will never click on a link that starts...."this is what happens when.....", "wait until you see what happens when....." or any of the variations.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Although in Philly a legal gun owner and concealed carry permit holder did give gun owners a black eye. The guy was a basketball coach for kids and got into an argument with several spectators at a game. He was apparently frightened and drew his weapon and fired a warning shot through a window to ward off those he was arguing with. I don't think he did it maliciously, just out of stupidity and poor judgment. Hey, it's Philly.
there is someone shot every single day in Philly......really enjoy coming down there to the Reading Market, and such....

Old 04-07-2015, 09:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
What would make anyone even think that the police are here to protect us? They gave up that responsibility decades ago if they ever had it. The folks in Washington are not there to work for and protect the people that elected them but for the companies that funded their campaigns.

This is the response of a frightened citizen. He fired a "warning shot". Given the news over the past years if this guy was a cop he would not have warned anyone but just started shooting. That is what frightened armed people with government protection do.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:27 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
There is on thread on this in CE, as well. It should have been moved here, alas. Anyway, pretty varied mix of commentary. One called this man a "dumb hillbilly" going all Dukes of Hazard etc etc. But, the facts don't seem to support that. There was no wold, tire squealing chase. The thieves were pulling a loaded trailer. It could not have gotten that out of hand. In the end, after a few off the beaten turns, and hitting a dead end, the victim had the chance to shred the thieves tires with a shotgun. And he did. Police were on tap, due to the victims keeping them informed, via cell, and they caught the thieves, in their disabled truck and trailer.

The victim showed good restraint. He didn't want to kill anyone. He shot to stop the thieves transportation, and after doing so, backed off. He didn't continue pursuit after shredding the tires. He let the cops handle it, and sat tight. Good call. He was thinking, not " going Rambo," . I saw comments, in the other thread, that accused him of doing so, but the facts don't support that. He, merely, aided police, by keeping contact, and , when opportunity presented, disabled their vehicle. He did NOT use lethal force. Yes, be fired a shotgun, but, with NO intention of human harm. He acted in a commendable manner. Very. Good judgement , no intent to harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies