Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 11:58 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
We understand your logic, we know that people overstep their authority, But as you pointed out, you admit that there is racial bias. And to many that is inexcusable.

And as a percentage of the population, police violence against black people is on a larger scale, as are conviction rates and sentencing, despite whites being arrested more.

The "all lives matter" argument, would work, if the injustice itself was equal, but it isnt. So can't YOU see that ?

And just to add a note, " the all lives matter" line is down right disrespectful to the message that "black lives matters" project. If your specific argument is exactly what you said in the above, i suggest a new slogan. Even if you dont want to do it to satisfy people like me, do it so that you dont get lumped in with the group of morons using that phrase to parody and mock "black lives matter"
Because I don't concentrate on the color of someone's skin, I concentrate on the fact that a cop abused his power.

As for "all lives matter" that does include black lives, so you go on being all offended over that, I don't really care what you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 12:37 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times
"Put your hands behind your back!
Put your hands behind your back now!"

The five bullets you put in him might make that impossible. Better just cuff him, watch him die, and plant some "evidence".

Old 04-08-2015, 12:48 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times
Michael Slager: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Slager was accused of excessive force in 2013 when a man said Slager shot him with a Taser for no reason, but an internal investigation cleared Slager of wrongdoing.

The complaint was filed in September 2013 when Slager responded to a North Charleston home to investigate a burglary. The resident opened the door for Slager and the burglary victim yelled he wasn’t the suspect. He later told investigators Slager threatened to use a Taser against him if he didn’t come outside, the Post and Courier reported. When he stepped outside, the man said Slager “Tased (him) for no reason and … slammed him and dragged him,” according to the personnel file.

Another officer told investigators Slager was forced to use the stun gun during a struggle and Slager was exonerated.

He was cleared in another complaint, the Post and Courier reported, but details were not available.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:00 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Because I don't concentrate on the color of someone's skin, I concentrate on the fact that a cop abused his power.

As for "all lives matter" that does include black lives, so you go on being all offended over that, I don't really care what you think.
Yes. Many homeless and mentally ill people are shot by police officers. Their lives matter too, black or white.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:10 AM

7,495 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us...eath.html?_r=0

Obviously this is another example of a cop fearing for his life. Who knows, the guy could have kicked up some stone, while running away, that could have struck and killed the officer.

I will give it to SC though....when they do these things the officers get arrested.
The other two deserved what they got. When you make every case out to be some grand injustice perpetuated on the black community you loose any chance of backing or sympathy from the very people your trying to convince.

The last two were dope smoking crazies that attacked and attempted to kill someone.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:19 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,017,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Michael Slager: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Slager was accused of excessive force in 2013 when a man said Slager shot him with a Taser for no reason, but an internal investigation cleared Slager of wrongdoing.

The complaint was filed in September 2013 when Slager responded to a North Charleston home to investigate a burglary. The resident opened the door for Slager and the burglary victim yelled he wasn’t the suspect. He later told investigators Slager threatened to use a Taser against him if he didn’t come outside, the Post and Courier reported. When he stepped outside, the man said Slager “Tased (him) for no reason and … slammed him and dragged him,†according to the personnel file.

Another officer told investigators Slager was forced to use the stun gun during a struggle and Slager was exonerated.

He was cleared in another complaint, the Post and Courier reported, but details were not available.
Yeah, that was the information SLED provided even before the video surfaced. They generally only do that when they're going to charge the cop so I thought it was a pretty significant clue this cop was going to be charged. In all, they provided 91 flipping pages of this officer's background information so they were putting it all out there - so to speak. Of course, the video helped expedite and make it very easy to arrest him right away.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:28 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times
How'd they get in the middle of a field, if this was a traffic stop? Are there any more specifics on what exactly happened before the video?

Zero justification for what the cop did. But I'm not entirely sympathetic to the victim. He certainly did not deserve to be shot, but he made the matter worse by running/scuffle/resisting.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:41 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
How'd they get in the middle of a field, if this was a traffic stop? Are there any more specifics on what exactly happened before the video?

Zero justification for what the cop did. But I'm not entirely sympathetic to the victim. He certainly did not deserve to be shot, but he made the matter worse by running/scuffle/resisting.
Probably a Municipal "fund raising" traffic stop that the officer found that a bench warrant for child support had been issued. In the attempt to arrest the man, he ran and the officer was too lazy to chase very far, so he decided to shoot.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

I can tell you where it happened. He was pulled over at an Auto Zone on a commercial street (Remount) in North Charleston. Just one street back, it's mostly older residential areas with several empty lots. Since this area is a very high crime area, a lot of abandoned homes were just torn down and created these empty areas. From where Scott was initially pulled over to where the shooting took place, it was less than a block. Just open vacant lots behind the commercial businesses on Remount. So, not really a field so much as an empty lot behind the commercial area.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Probably a Municipal "fund raising" traffic stop that the officer found that a bench warrant for child support had been issued. In the attempt to arrest the man, he ran and the officer was too lazy to chase very far, so he decided to shoot.
I think that's exactly what happened. How freaking pathetic. Scarlett Wilson is a real hard nose and she'll be prosecuting this cop. I wouldn't doubt, as they get more evidence, she'll go for the death penalty. I think a lot of people down here would support that decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies