Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 01:40 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,776 times

Advertisements

#onlyblacklivesmatter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 01:59 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
"Elrod proved to be unarmed, but said he had a gun and repeatedly went into his waistband in a threatening manner and told officers to shoot him, Schmaderer said at the time."

Maybe that's why people are not outraged ?

So says Omaha Police Chief Todd Schmaderer.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:00 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Hey....don't you go letting facts get in the way of the OP narrative.

So whatever the police chief says is now a fact?

Old 04-08-2015, 03:56 AM

1,274 posts, read 979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's unbelievable... but the video is there.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:32 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
usc619, that's a pretty despicable comment to make.

Old 04-08-2015, 03:53 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
"unarmed White guy shot in the back by cop. Doesnt fit narrative of race baiter"

I don't know what is meant by "race baiting" but I do recognize the dichotomy between the reaction of white Americans and people of color to these extrajudicial police killing. It would seem to this casual observe that with rare exceptions, Ruby Ridge and Waco first come to mind, white Americans don't get outraged by questionable police shootings of white people much less when the victim is a person of color, so why should anyone of color be concerned about white deaths at the hands of police if white folks don't care regardless of the race or ethnicity of the victim. That being the case, you worry about your own.

I would also suggest that when these events happen to white people, people of color take a "welcome to our world" attitude which is too bad because there should be an out crime from all citizens regardless of the race or ethnicity of the victim.

Now what puzzles me, is how white Americans, particularly those of a conservative with an "anti-government" predisposition who rail about tyranny, betrayal of the Constitution are silent and apologetic when it comes to of this most basic and fundamental right conferred by the Constitution, the right of life, liberty and due process of law. Perhaps, if white American was as outrage whenever these extrajudicial killings took place we could approach the issue without the blinders of race and ethnicity.

Just a thought.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:45 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Now what puzzles me, is how white Americans, particularly those of a conservative with an "anti-government" predisposition who rail about tyranny, betrayal of the Constitution are silent and apologetic when it comes to of this most basic and fundamental right conferred by the Constitution, the right of life, liberty and due process of law. Perhaps, if white American was as outrage whenever these extrajudicial killings took place we could approach the issue without the blinders of race and ethnicity.

Just a thought.
Well, this describes me, so.....

I'm relatively young and I'm from a really diverse area (NY metro). I have lived and worked with people of all shades and creeds, so for me, I'm used to dealing with people as individuals. Stereotypes do not work in day to day interactions. When someone gets murdered by a cop, I don't think "young x male", I think of their name.

Now, what this has to do with my other white American "anti-government" folk is that many of them are from much whiter areas, so they do not interact with non-white peoples often if at all.

Thus for them the non-white Americans get lumped into the nebulous category of "other" and fail to register as relevant when bad things happen to them.

I've broached this subject before and have gotten mixed reactions.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:02 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
[quote=saltine;39130127]Here's one for the race baiters to chew on.. Unarmed man shot in back..

Meanwhile......millions of white women on welfare are having children out of wedlock........and FOX NEWS is nowhere to be found

Old 04-09-2015, 06:20 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
he was climbing a fence to escape and was shot in the back... unreleased video.. Care to take another guess?
Sounds like you got your shootings mixed up. Now where in the article did it say he was climbing a fence and was shot in the back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies