Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 09:28 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
I think when you make a deliberate attempt not to offend another religious group based on the actions of a few and then make the implication Christianity has something to do with the actions of a few....it screams of a double standard.

I'm agnostic so his words do not really offend me but it does make me question why he would take deliberate steps not to offend or criticize the few Muslims who resort to violence but has no problem letting a line slip about Christians on an important Christian holiday.
Obama has no problem with mocking the words of the Bible, yet he refrains from calling terrorists what they are .... double standard...

Obama is not a Christian. He attended a black power church for twenty years and believes that white Europeans killed Black Jesus. They do not believe the bible , but Black Liberation theology which is a racist divisive belief rooted in Obama's thinking.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...=befrugal&tt=b
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 09:42 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama has no problem with mocking the words of the Bible, yet he refrains from calling terrorists what they are .... double standard...

Obama is not a Christian. He attended a black power church for twenty years and believes that white Europeans killed Black Jesus. They do not believe the bible , but Black Liberation theology which is a racist divisive belief rooted in Obama's thinking.

Where did he do that.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:46 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
So you want him to become an Atheist as long as he is President? Of course the Haters would not use this at all, right?

Seems to me, they are the ones that use Religion 24-7 to bash him with. There is nothing left in any Religion they have not bashed him with. Come to think of it, I have not seen him say a whole lot about Religion at all. Its always the extreme Fundamental Conservative Kool AId drinkers that keep bringing it up.
Well, not mentioning god during your work hours does not necessarily make you an atheist.

In the eyes of the Haters, Obama can do no good. If Pres. Obama exalted the benefits of oxygen, there would be Haters everywhere, which would be such a bad thing, would it?

Old 04-10-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Well, not mentioning god during your work hours does not necessarily make you an atheist.

In the eyes of the Haters, Obama can do no good. If Pres. Obama exalted the benefits of oxygen, there would be Haters everywhere, which would be such a bad thing, would it?
Obama makes fun of small town Americans and Christians... nothing new here.. he also said that they cling to God and their guns.. I don't hear Obama speaking one negative mention of the Muslim religion.. clinging to their God.. their God that tells them to behead Americans.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:31 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:

For those who don't want the highly spun version of what Obama said in his excellent "Call for Renewal" speech you can either read or listen to the entire speech at the following link.

TRANSCRIPT: Obama's 2006 Sojourners/Call to Renewal Address on Faith and Politics - the Web Editors | God's Politics Blog | Sojourners

The members at Trinity UCC most assuredly believe in the Bible, as would be apparent to anyone who actually attended services at Trinity.

Did not the the Romans kill Jesus? Isn't that what it proclaims in the Bible.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:36 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The members at Trinity UCC most assuredly believe in the Bible, as would be apparent to anyone who actually attended services at Trinity.
When were you last there?

Old 04-11-2015, 09:47 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Lets see if I get this right. You get offended by some one saying something about Christians, because you think its too broad and implicates all Christians, right?

But its OK to keep saying "Muslims" for atrocities a group like ISIS is responsible for, to implicate all Muslims? Is that what you mean? Kind of Hypocritical, don't you think?
I think you have this rather backwards.

It is Muslims who are so easily offended that they murder people for free speech.

Obama never mentions that the attackers in those instances are Muslims, but has to go back several centuries (1272 AD was the last Crusade) to find something remotely close in Christianity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I think the POTUS should be required to forgo any of mention of his religious faith while performing his official duties for as long as he is in office. Same for every other elected official in this country. The US is a secular country and religion should play NO PART in how it is governed.
You obviously have zero understanding of the First Amendment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
I'm agnostic so his words do not really offend me but it does make me question why he would take deliberate steps not to offend or criticize the few Muslims who resort to violence but has no problem letting a line slip about Christians on an important Christian holiday.
Yes it do

Old 04-11-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
For those who don't want the highly spun version of what Obama said in his excellent "Call for Renewal" speech you can either read or listen to the entire speech at the following link.

TRANSCRIPT: Obama's 2006 Sojourners/Call to Renewal Address on Faith and Politics - the Web Editors | God's Politics Blog | Sojourners

Did not the the Romans kill Jesus? Isn't that what it proclaims in the Bible.
The spirit of anti-Christ killed Jesus ...The Religious leaders of the day also was anti-Christ. In their sinful state many people could kill Jesus, they don't have to be of a certain group of people. Jesus was not lynched as the founder of Black liberation theology states.

Jesus laid his life down as a sacrifice that we may be reconciled to God through the shedding of the blood of Jesus to cover our sins and gives us power over sin through the act of what Jesus did for all of us sinners.
Cone is really twisting the message of the Bible to fit his own beliefs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1X5sZ6Q4Fw

Old 04-11-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
When were you last there?
I have never been there, but I frequently catch Trinity's services via internet streaming.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
The spirit of anti-Christ killed Jesus ...The Religious leaders of the day also was anti-Christ. In their sinful state many people could kill Jesus, they don't have to be of a certain group of people. Jesus was not lynched as the founder of Black liberation theology states.

Jesus laid his life down as a sacrifice that we may be reconciled to God through the shedding of the blood of Jesus to cover our sins and gives us power over sin through the act of what Jesus did for all of us sinners.
Cone is really twisting the message of the Bible to fit his own beliefs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1X5sZ6Q4Fw
Do you understand that Cone is using lynching as an analogy? Jesus according to the Gospels was crucified at the orders of the oppressive Roman Governor.

As for your interpretation of what that means I suggest you listen to 14:10 through 16:10 of the link you provided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies