Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 03:42 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,104,724 times

Advertisements

Every time a cop shots someone in the back 8 times, I would question self defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 03:46 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
My question to the 'fear for life' comments is this. When you sign up to be an officer, you're essentially signing up to be on the "front lines" and danger is your middle name. Part of the job is to risk your own life, to put yourself in harms way in order to make sure the person you are apprehending doesn't get injured or killed unnecessarily. Spraying bullets because you have "Fear" isn't acceptable, you signed up for "Fear" when you took the job.
How can you ask someone to not fear for ones life? Being in harms way is part of the job, that doesn't mean cops should be super human and not experience emotion.

You have a very simplistic and naieve view in my opinion.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:10 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
I didn't need to see a cold blooded murder to question the "I feared for my life" lies. Almost as laughable as the " used the car as a weapon" bull**** they spout off.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:13 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
I didn't need to see a cold blooded murder to question the "I feared for my life" lies. Almost as laughable as the " used the car as a weapon" bull**** they spout off.
Because you were there and know how people feel.

If only you could spend a day in the life of a cop.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/ant...eriffs-office/

Old 04-08-2015, 04:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
I question everything I didn't see, taste, hear, smell, and feel for myself.

And even those things I question a lot.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:16 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Can we agree that if there wasn't that video, that cop would have gotten off without so much as a talking-to?

But the video aside, that cop's story was damn near identical to every cop's story about shooting unarmed people. It's almost like there's a protocol for explaining these shootings in a way that protects the cop and rallies like-minded citizens to their defense...

So seeing how this cop's story imploded once the video was released, and seeing how similar his story was to other cops' stories about shooting unarmed people, does that make you question any of the past stories you've heard cops spin in similar scenarios?

No, I can't agree to that at all.
The evidence would have hung him no matter what.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:17 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
A car can't hurt or kill a man?

Go stand in the middle of a lane on the highway and report back to me.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:53 PM

963 posts, read 689,453 times
Too bad so many blacks see EVERYTHING by skin color and can't work up any outrage against their own criminal element. Cops should just let black criminals run wild in the streets UNLESS they victimize whites. Let them victimize their own. They all hate the cops more than the criminals in their midst anyway.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:00 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Can we agree that if there wasn't that video, that cop would have gotten off without so much as a talking-to?

But the video aside, that cop's story was damn near identical to every cop's story about shooting unarmed people. It's almost like there's a protocol for explaining these shootings in a way that protects the cop and rallies like-minded citizens to their defense...

So seeing how this cop's story imploded once the video was released, and seeing how similar his story was to other cops' stories about shooting unarmed people, does that make you question any of the past stories you've heard cops spin in similar scenarios?
That is a good question.....but another question is do many police officers have a greater fear of black males for some reason, that leads them to feel they need to use deadly force when there is a confrontation. There have been studies done that concludes that such is so. I do not think cops are thinking...."I am going to kill this N'ggr". Rather, I think they subliminally see blacks as strong and athletic and prone to violence.....and hence when they get into confrontation feel that need a gun to control them.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:03 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
No, I can't agree to that at all.
The evidence would have hung him no matter what.
^this right here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies