Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 12:12 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,460,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
China GDP's is almost half of the U.S............the big difference is workers in the U.S. have rights while in China not so much.
On a per-capita basis, adjusted for purchasing-power parity - the only basis that matters - China's GDP is somewhere between Jordan's and South Africa's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 12:15 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,011,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So true. Thank conservatives with their obsession to "privatize" every service (for maximum profit) whilst demonizing the Federal govt.
Better than the progressive obsession with everything being done by the government (for maximum cost, inefficiency and the worst customer service) whilst demonizing capitalism, the very economic system that enables their cushy lifestyles.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:27 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
And gas is taxed at 40%. I'm sure Norway is a lovely place, but you people who are using this survey as yet another pretext to bash Obama may wish to ponder whether you'd really be happy paying $7.50 a gallon for gas.
ah....what? Who mentioned Obama and who are "you people"?

Old 04-09-2015, 12:35 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It should be given the federal debt is evidence of the monetary price we paid for it.

I never realized Communism was a threat to the U.S.

Seems China has done well, in spite of or because of communism.

Seems Vietnam has managed to prosper,too.

maybe you were in a coma in the last 50 years or call in sick too many times at school.

the world would be very different if the Nazis would have won WW 2 ....or if the Communists would have won the cold war. Their goal was to make the world into 1 communist global system. I'm sure they didn't have NUKES pointing at us for fun.

yeah I'm sure Vietnam is a great place to live. The MIN WAGE is 29 cents an hour and the lack of basic rights and individual rights is also awesome!!! .....I'm sure you would prosper too on 29 cents an hour and no basic rights.

What price would you put on our defense, freedom, liberties and rights........Not much.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:37 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
good grief. when things head south the world turns to Norway...

Old 04-09-2015, 12:37 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
On a per-capita basis, adjusted for purchasing-power parity - the only basis that matters - China's GDP is somewhere between Jordan's and South Africa's.

excellent point

Old 04-09-2015, 12:39 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
It should be given the federal debt is evidence of the monetary price we paid for it.

the 100 million Chinese who starved to death that Chinese exceptionalism is built upon appreciate your suggestion china has done... well....

Old 04-09-2015, 12:43 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/09...-low-life.html

US has fallen so far in so many areas, that it is only a myth that it is the best country to live in. That myth may slowly sinking as Americans expand their horizons and travel outside of their country, however it is a well known fact, that most Americans have never been outside their own country so how could they have a clue as to what goes on elsewhere.

What a sad situation.
Can you demonstate to me that something called the social progress index proves American exceptionalism is a myth.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:45 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:

anytime our country is in a recession we start a war and create an enemy.

War is big business

Old 04-09-2015, 12:47 PM

309 posts, read 258,114 times
I am most sincerely glad for the Norwegians. And for the Swiss who take the third place.

As for the "freedoms" people like to go on about, the most-cherished freedom in America is probably the freedom to choose between coke and dr.pepper, between twenty kinds of fast food or between five new hollywood superhero movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies