Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 09:30 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, gee, the baby in the womb (called a fetus) sure does look like a baby, and it acts like one too, sucking it's thumb, playing with it's toes, etc.

Let's not pretend. It is a human life and you know damn well it is.
So you seem to think all abortions are late term abortions? Either that, or you don't know much about the know much about the development of a fetus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 09:50 AM

24,482 posts, read 17,220,223 times
It is interesting how this debate took off and now leans more towards the abortion issue than the death penalty.
There are probably people sitting on death row that are innocent so that is why we have the appeal process but in the case of the Boston Marathon Bomber he admitted his guilt and we have him on video setting the bombs then going about his day like nothing happened.
In this case there is no doubt so end his miserable life. I worry in the future that some idiot politician will feel sorry for him and pardon him. He had his trial his victims had no chance.

As for abortion no one but the woman carrying that baby can make that most difficult decision to end that life growing inside her.

It is interesting how so many draw such a hard line between killing a fetus or a convicted murderer.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is interesting how this debate took off and now leans more towards the abortion issue than the death penalty.
There are probably people sitting on death row that are innocent so that is why we have the appeal process but in the case of the Boston Marathon Bomber he admitted his guilt and we have him on video setting the bombs then going about his day like nothing happened.
In this case there is no doubt so end his miserable life. I worry in the future that some idiot politician will feel sorry for him and pardon him. He had his trial his victims had no chance.

As for abortion no one but the woman carrying that baby can make that most difficult decision to end that life growing inside her.

It is interesting how so many draw such a hard line between killing a fetus or a convicted murderer.
Personally I think people get off too easy when they get the death penalty.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:34 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Right wingers don't know the difference between a fetus and a baby.

OK, explain it to me.

Why is one a person and the other not?

Keep in mind I spent several weeks in an ICU on a ventilator unable to collect enough oxygen with my compromised lungs to sustain life.

According to the standard applied to fetuses, I was not viable.

Did I cease to be a person?

Old 04-10-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
OK, explain it to me.

Why is one a person and the other not?

Keep in mind I spent several weeks in an ICU on a ventilator unable to collect enough oxygen with my compromised lungs to sustain life.

According to the standard applied to fetuses, I was not viable.

Did I cease to be a person?
Were you a first trimester fetus? Do you think women are having late term abortions commonly?

You are a person when you are born, and it sounds like you were born, even if you can't breathe.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:16 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Using right winger logic, yes. A woman should be allowed to choose if she wishes to have something growing inside her or not. What stage do you think most women have abortions? Do you think they wait until they almost come to term to have one?

Nice evading the question. Great left wing stupidity.

Murder is to accidental death as abortion is to miscarriages. The fact accidental deaths and miscarriages occur does not justify abortion and murder.

Last edited by whogo; 04-11-2015 at 12:24 AM..

Old 04-11-2015, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Nice evading the question. Great left wing stupidity.
Sorry, didn't think that was a real question, and the answer is no, though it still doesn't define abortion as murder....even though you really think abortion is murder because a woman didn't want a fetus growing inside her. Maybe idiot men who are stupidly against abortion could figure out how to use their own bodies as incubators for fetuses and grow them and birth them themselves. That would solve all the abortion problems because I am sure every man against abortion would be jumping at the chance to give birth to their own baby.

And no, abortion and murder are not the same thing. Though I bet you are another one of those that think women that have abortions all have late term abortions.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Sorry, didn't think that was a real question, and the answer is no, though it still doesn't define abortion as murder....even though you really think abortion is murder because a woman didn't want a fetus growing inside her. Maybe idiot men who are stupidly against abortion could figure out how to use their own bodies as incubators for fetuses and grow them and birth them themselves. That would solve all the abortion problems because I am sure every man against abortion would be jumping at the chance to give birth to their own baby.

And no, abortion and murder are not the same thing. Though I bet you are another one of those that think women that have abortions all have late term abortions.
I never said abortion was murder. Do not put words in my mouth. Abortion is legal homicide. Murder is a legal term. Since abortion is legal it is not murder.

Once again, abortion is to miscarriages as murder is to accidental deaths.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I never said abortion was murder. Do not put words in my mouth. Abortion is legal homicide. Murder is a legal term. Since abortion is legal it is not murder.

Once again, abortion is to miscarriages as murder is to accidental deaths.
I didn't put words in your mouth, abortion isn't a homicide either simply because the words legal and homicide mean two different things, that would mean you are saying it is legal and unlawful, which would mean it was illegal, which is it not.

So abortion is not murder and abortion is not legal homicide.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:45 AM

Quote:
I didn't put words in your mouth, abortion isn't a homicide either simply because the words legal and homicide mean two different things, that would mean you are saying it is legal and unlawful, which would mean it was illegal, which is it not.

So abortion is not murder and abortion is not legal homicide.
Homicide is not always unlawful. In fact when an individual is executed the manner of death is listed as homicide. Abortion is legal homicide just like executions.

Scott Peterson was convicted of two homicides.

Last edited by whogo; 04-11-2015 at 12:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies