Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 01:25 AM

3,350 posts, read 2,838,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Fetus, it isn't a baby until it is born.
Some people see it like that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 01:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,052,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Some people see it like that
Yep, they are usually the ones that think they can tell others what they can and cannot do with their own bodies.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:43 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,489,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Except over and over we find out that innocent people are executed, which argues that the appeals process isnt good enough.

In the end...its cheaper to just lock them up, if later you learn you are wrong its not like you killed a innocent person.

Shrug. Or simply have a higher requirement for a death penalty vs life sentence. I prefer this one more. I may be biased as I have helped put someone on death row, and given their promises to kill me I'd rather they get executed.
^^^ This. Plus there's not a scintilla of evidence that the death penalty's a deterrent.

To relate the death penalty to abortion is about as non sequitur as it gets. But pushed to compare and contrast: I don't believe a zygote is a person subject to protection under the law. I'm convinced that right now and every moment in our country's history there's at least one innocent person on death row.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:45 AM

3,350 posts, read 2,838,087 times
Quote:
Yep, they are usually the ones that think they can tell others what they can and cannot do with their own bodies.
I am prochoice because I went to school with a girl who raped at 12 by older man and got pregnant.
She did abort it and rapist went to jail.
No one should being raising a baby at 12.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:47 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,639,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
That something is called a human.
If republicans care so much about babies, how about the US government save the 18,000 children that starve to death each day?
18,000 children die every day of hunger, U.N. says - USATODAY.com

Republicans give trillions of dollars in tax cuts to the rich that go to our national debt and build more US factories in Asia. How about using some of that money to save the 18,000 children that starve to death each day?

GW Bush gave the rich $2 trillion dollars in tax cuts.
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

Romney wanted to give the rich $6.6 trillion dollars in tax cuts.
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

And every republican running in 2016 wants to give the rich tax cuts.
How Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz Would Radically Increase Taxes on Everyone But the Rich | Tax Justice Blog
Rand Paul's Record Shows He's a Champion for Tax Cheats and the Wealthy | Tax Justice Blog

How about we collect the tax dollars from the rich and use part of that money to save millions of children from starving to death?

Republican response- "Those South Americans and Africans should not be having kids they can't feed, let the children die."

But the republicans phony whining about Jesus and dead children sure brings in a bunch of gullible Christians to vote for republicans.

Last edited by chad3; 04-11-2015 at 02:12 AM..

Old 04-11-2015, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No convincing evidence any of those four were innocent. There is still no poster boy for the anti-death penalty folks. It has been two generations since the reinstatement of the death penalty.
List of persons who were on death row and subsequently either acquitted of all charges, or pardoned and/or had all charges dismissed based on evidence of innocence, since 1973.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:08 AM

There are exactly two reasons why every poll taken by every poll-taker within our lifetimes shows that the majority of people endorse the right-to-decide about abortion, although they might disagree at which point:

1) It's none of the government's damn business, they need to butt out of it.
and/or
2) The persons polled have had upfront, close experience with the issue. IOW they or someone they know someone who got pregnant and decided that it's none of the government's business.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 04-11-2015 at 02:45 AM..

Old 04-11-2015, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Anyone ever seen an apple grow into an orange?
You don't have the faintest acquaintance with the principles of biology, do you?

Old 04-11-2015, 02:57 AM

38,615 posts, read 26,270,657 times
Quote:
So you think something the size of a bean should be treated as a functioning person? Do you have any clue when most abortions even happen? When you are on a ventilator, did you still need to be connected by a cord to your mother to eat? It is hard to have a rational conversation with others who think so irrational about a woman's right to choose.

I do believe a woman has the right to choose whether or not she wants to be pregnant and that right is to be exercised before she copulates.

The fetus is the only innocent party in this.

He or she didn`t ask to be made biologically dependent on another person.

It was that other person - the mother - who made the decision to make the child dependent on her body.

When I was on the ventilator, I was fed through an IV.

Explain why the hospital was required to feed me.

Explain why the hospital was required to keep me in their ICU.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I do believe a woman has the right to choose whether or not she wants to be pregnant and that right is to be exercised before she copulates.
Are you seriously saying a woman can copulate by herself?

Because I don't see "he" anywhere in your statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies