Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 02:50 PM

24,489 posts, read 17,226,594 times

Advertisements

I just heard on the radio that the darling of the US Senate and possible future candidate for the Presidency, Elizabeth Warren came out and she is against the death penalty for the Boston Marathon bomber terrorist. He was found guilty on all 30 plus counts and now awaits sentencing which will be either the death penalty of life in prison.

Warren still holds onto the belief that this poor kid was influenced by his older brother to place bombs at the feet of innocent people and he should not be put to death. Instead he should be locked in jail for the rest of his days and forgotten about.

Warren represents the Democratic party in Massachusetts and she is firmly against the Death Penalty while being all for Abortion?

How can a person be so Against an innocent life being brought into this world and issue a death sentence for that baby yet cannot be For the death penalty of a known terrorist bomber who killed 4 people and maimed scores more?

Is it hypocrisy or something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 02:57 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
I'll never understand people that feel it's morally wrong to kill a mass murderer but perfectly fine to kill millions of little babies...just kookoo I guess.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:58 PM

862 posts, read 519,560 times
The pro life/ pro choice debate I don't get worked up about. I am pro choice, but at the same time I can understand the other point of view. At the end of the day though, it really just isn't a big deal to me.

I am however pro death penalty, and views like Warrens' I do not respect and are idiotic to me.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:00 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times
I'm in favor of the death penalty in principle, but not in practice. People sit on death row for years and it ends up costing the tax payers way more than simply locking the person up for life. Let him rot in a maximum security prison.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I'm in favor of the death penalty in principle, but not in practice. People sit on death row for years and it ends up costing the tax payers way more than simply locking the person up for life. Let him rot in a maximum security prison.
You can be in favor of the death penalty, and still want to correct the broken appeals process.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:04 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
You can be in favor of the death penalty, and still want to correct the broken appeals process.
Except over and over we find out that innocent people are executed, which argues that the appeals process isnt good enough.

In the end...its cheaper to just lock them up, if later you learn you are wrong its not like you killed a innocent person.

Shrug. Or simply have a higher requirement for a death penalty vs life sentence. I prefer this one more. I may be biased as I have helped put someone on death row, and given their promises to kill me I'd rather they get executed.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:05 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
The issues are completely separate. I support the death penalty, but unenthusiastically. As to abortion: Unless and until we discover (or decide) when human and civil Rights attach to a fetus, the most humane course of action is to give nascent life the same sporting chance a hunter gives to a sitting duck.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:05 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
In the past 42 years, 61 million innocent lives have been taken by the abortionists.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Except over and over we find out that innocent people are executed, which argues that the appeals process isnt good enough.

In the end...its cheaper to just lock them up, if later you learn you are wrong its not like you killed a innocent person.

Shrug. Or simply have a higher requirement for a death penalty vs life sentence. I prefer this one more. I may be biased as I have helped put someone on death row, and given their promises to kill me I'd rather they get executed.
Sure I can get on board with that. Cut and dry cases like this though, its impossible to make a valid argument against it though.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:07 PM

428 posts, read 344,263 times
So what do you call the pro-abortion, pro-death penalty party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies