Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 08:32 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Yeah, about that list in the second link, I personally know three people on that list. All three retired and had been planing to do so for several years. One extended a year and retired in 2012 instead of 2011 like he had planned.

But, what ever works, right?
We can't expect people with such poor critical thinking skills to understand such a concept as "up or out."

Old 05-12-2015, 01:27 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Default Checking one theory, found another ...

You people are right, the military conducts training exercises like this one all the time. I don't think they've been at this magnitude, but:

US HAS BEEN PREPARING TO TURN AMERICA INTO A MILITARY DICTATORSHIP

and here's what to expect:

" In some cases the Army was asked to leave town. "In March 1997, the City of Charlotte, NC, evicted the Army after the first night of a would-be three night stand after public outcry. Likewise, the army cut short its stay in Houston and Pittsburgh when its activities, which typically involved fatigue-clad soldiers bearing arms and setting off minor charges, prompted fears."(31) Angered by "the misrepresentation of the proposed training exercise", Charlotte Mayor Patrick McCrory, stated in a letter to President Clinton, that [MOD CUT/copyright] "

I doubt that Colorado has given an official okay on this training exercise, Jade Helm. If the military does anything in that state, they do it on their own (down range) government owned land.

I had to look it up, because in my years living (and I've been here 54 years) I have yet to see the military conduct their exercises in a populated area. However, the people in this thread are like, oh, yea this stuff happens all the time. I guess I've just been lucky then. I'm an ex-military spouse, my ex-husband served his tour at Ft. Carson, CO and Desert Storm was in the news (along with some hinky things I won't go into now that gave repeat performance on 9/11) and never did I once see the military exercises in civilian populated areas.

My father served in 1942 and was stationed at Ft Hood and never did he say, oh, let me tell you about training in down town Ft. Worth.

Lived in Dallas for 13 years. I saw Hummers and I saw fatigues, but never did I see either armed and doing house to house searches and told it was a training mission.

And for all those that believe the military would not do that to their own don't know what the words, 'following orders' is all about. What are they going to do if push comes to shove, head for Canada?

We've been having what I call 'little flash fires', Ferguson and Baltimore and we are spoiled Americans because we don't know what it is like to live in a war torn country. However, give 'em time, I'm sure they will figure out how to give us that experience any day now or in the near future. Be it our own government or terrorist, I'm sure they don't like it that we don't know what real troubling times are.

Don't just call a conspiracy theory crazy, show your homework.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Garden_Plot

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-12-2015 at 09:16 AM..

Old 05-12-2015, 05:25 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
You understand the importance of organizations like Oathkeepers then. And also how scandalous VA care needs to be reformed.

But are you aware of how former-military are being demonized, perhaps deliberately?

_"Scouts Train to Fight Terrorists, and More"_

"IMPERIAL, Calif. — Ten minutes into arrant mayhem in this town near the Mexican border, and the gunman, a disgruntled Iraq war veteran, has already taken out two people, one slumped in his desk, the other covered in blood on the floor.

"The responding officers — eight teenage boys and girls, the youngest 14 — face tripwire, a thin cloud of poisonous gas and loud shots — BAM! BAM! — fired from behind a flimsy wall. They move quickly, pellet guns drawn and masks affixed."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/14/us/14explorers.html

And how much of the military leadership has been purged recently?

_"Obama's purge of the U. S. military is unprecedented"_
Obama's purge of the U. S. military is unprecedented

_"Why Are Dozens Of High Ranking Officers Being Purged From The U.S. Military?"_
Why Are Dozens Of High Ranking Officers Being Purged From The U.S. Military?

Obama doesn't fire officers but I'm sure he had something to do with the firing of McChrystal. the Secretary of Defense, Chief of staff and others remove theses people from duty not Obama. Actually Robert gates when he was secretary removed quite a few generals when because of incompetence, particularly at the VA Hospitals you mentioned.

Just publishing a list of people who left the military without any indication of the why part and blaming Obama is a little disingenuous, but that is what these extreme right wing group publications do best. Short on facts long on rhetoric but enough to place a doubt in the minds of the weak.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Even Slate writers are uneasy about Jade Helm 15.

Quote:
Finally, while this particular conspiracy theory is very stupid, most of the people scoffing at its adherents would likely admit that, under the Obama administration, federal security forces have engaged in plenty of unrighteous activity. You shouldn’t trust the Pentagon to respect Americans’ civil liberties. The federal government does keep secrets from its citizens, and if it finds the antics of the lunatic fringe tiresome, well, it should try being more transparent and direct in its governance, and perhaps refrain from the sorts of real-life rights violations that lend credence to the more outlandish theories.
Jade Helm conspiracy theories: They’re nutty, but they’ve also got a bit of a point.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:57 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
You people are right, the military conducts training exercises like this one all the time. I don't think they've been at this magnitude, but:

US HAS BEEN PREPARING TO TURN AMERICA INTO A MILITARY DICTATORSHIP

I doubt that Colorado has given an official okay on this training exercise, Jade Helm. If the military does anything in that state, they do it on their own (down range) government owned land.

I had to look it up, because in my years living (and I've been here 54 years) I have yet to see the military conduct their exercises in a populated area. However, the people in this thread are like, oh, yea this stuff happens all the time. I guess I've just been lucky then. I'm an ex-military spouse, my ex-husband served his tour at Ft. Carson, CO and Desert Storm was in the news (along with some hinky things I won't go into now that gave repeat performance on 9/11) and never did I once see the military exercises in civilian populated areas.

My father served in 1942 and was stationed at Ft Hood and never did he say, oh, let me tell you about training in down town Ft. Worth.

Lived in Dallas for 13 years. I saw Hummers and I saw fatigues, but never did I see either armed and doing house to house searches and told it was a training mission.

And for all those that believe the military would not do that to their own don't know what the words, 'following orders' is all about. What are they going to do if push comes to shove, head for Canada?

We've been having what I call 'little flash fires', Ferguson and Baltimore and we are spoiled Americans because we don't know what it is like to live in a war torn country. However, give 'em time, I'm sure they will figure out how to give us that experience any day now or in the near future. Be it our own government or terrorist, I'm sure they don't like it that we don't know what real troubling times are.

Don't just call a conspiracy theory crazy, show your homework.

Operation Garden Plot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Colorado was originally part of the exercise but is no longer.
Make of this what you wil.

Colorado dropped from multi-state Jade Helm 15 special forces exercise - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

Old 05-12-2015, 08:03 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Obama doesn't fire officers but...and blaming Obama is a little disingenuous,....
Obama doesn't make decisions either. But his lieutenants' activities occur on his fully aware watch.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:44 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Default This is what I make of it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Colorado was originally part of the exercise but is no longer.
Make of this what you wil.

Colorado dropped from multi-state Jade Helm 15 special forces exercise - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com
It's a Colorado State issue with the military. My son (more recent) was there too, (@ ft cartoon) he said any time they asked the state officials for training exercise privileges off posted areas, the state response was always, no. In fact truth be told all of the States that have been asked to participate could have followed Colorado's lead. They didn't though and I'm thinking, the money it will generate for the states is incentive to say, yea...come on in the water is fine, but in the case of Texas, 'we're gonna watch ya'.

No the only thing that sticks with me on this issue is most all are like, it's "our" military and they wouldn't come in and take guns no matter who order it. And I don't believe that to be true. Military personnel follow orders, that is what they are trained to do and they will do what they are told to do, or face the penalty for disobeying orders. They may not like it, they may even hate it, but they will do what they are told to do, none-the-less. And trust, I wouldn't expect them to do anything less.

And as a law abiding citizen, if I had a gun and they showed up to collect it, I'd say, here you go and have a great day. If they wish to take this 54 year old to a fema camp, I'm on my way. Won't bother me, three hots and a cot. If they shot me, I'm sure there would be some one to come along and help them sort that out.

The thing is, don't say that it is impossible for this scenario to play out in the U.S., cause people just may wake up one morning shocked as hell that everything went totally array, while they slept.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 05-12-2015 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: spelling issues :) and typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies