Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 02:41 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,148,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Easy answer. None of them are coming to the USA to live in an African American neighborhood or to join that sub-culture. They are looking for Western Civilization.

It's been my experience from the Black people that I have met from other countries that without exception, the African American community is seen from a very negative viewpoint and sets bad example for the rest of Black people in the world.
I am friends with quite a few blacks that came to the US from Africa. It's been my experience that Africans tend to network with their countrymen a lot, but they also link up with the rest of the African Diaspora here in America as well. If you think black Africans living in America don't like the negative aspects of African American culture, you should listen to their opinions on your brand of American conservatism! Many African blacks have a really strong negative opinion on white supremacy and those that prescribe to that ideology... Even more so than many African Americans...

Old 04-11-2015, 02:50 PM

428 posts, read 345,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
You do know it's a difference between "ghetto blacks" and normal blacks right? lol
No doubt. If we could just get them to wear hats in identifiable ways we could keep track of that.

In terms of the nature vs. nurture arguments, and they are always ongoing, you can make the case for not caring for a little while as life sciences catch up. If there really is a biological reason for (for instance) lower black IQs (85 in the US, something like 70 in Africa) , it should be settled science in the near future, and then education programs can be designed with that in mind.

If it's all upbringing (diet, society, post-traumatic-slave-syndrome, large wheels on automobiles), then public money could be spent to mitigate the real issues.

It would just be nice if people would be more willing to think in terms of physical reality, and not just what they wish were true.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:07 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,419,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
If there really is a biological reason for (for instance) lower black IQs (85 in the US, something like 70 in Africa) ,
there a biological reason, they won't keep their butts in school.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:16 PM

73,139 posts, read 62,835,394 times
This is for the sake of bringing up the biological side. If Blacks as a whole are considered biologically incapable of behaving, then why bother even talking about this issue? If that is what it is, then there is no point in talking about it.

For those who constantly complain about Blacks and anyone bringing up the argument Blacks being biologically incapable of behaving, what do you propose to be done about that?

Old 04-11-2015, 03:16 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,940,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
excuse me?

That poster posted this

) Caucasians (and any other sane group of people) don't want to live around groups of blacks.

I doubt ANYBODY would have problem living in View Park–Windsor Hills, California although the place has 99% black population.

Proves exactly that, most people have no problems with law abiding solid middle class or upper middle class blacks.
Agreed tho working class Black people are Ok too. It's the PWT/hood rat classes that I DON'T trust; I'm talking about the lazy fools of ANY skin color who have the "you owe me" tude. Most panhandlers IMHO I don't trust and they're almost always anglo or "Hispanic" white.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed tho working class Black people are Ok too. It's the PWT/hood rat classes that I DON'T trust; I'm talking about the lazy fools of ANY skin color who have the "you owe me" tude. Most panhandlers IMHO I don't trust and they're almost always anglo or "Hispanic" white.
And with this said, this is why it is important to know the difference between working class people of any race, and the trash of any race.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I am friends with quite a few blacks that came to the US from Africa. It's been my experience that Africans tend to network with their countrymen a lot, but they also link up with the rest of the African Diaspora here in America as well. If you think black Africans living in America don't like the negative aspects of African American culture, you should listen to their opinions on your brand of American conservatism! Many African blacks have a really strong negative opinion on white supremacy and those that prescribe to that ideology... Even more so than many African Americans...
That's possible tho I'll lay some serious money that most Black Africans would rather live in a "conservative white" area than a Black ghetto. I ain't talking about PWT hoods where most white WON'T live there either.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is for the sake of bringing up the biological side. If Blacks as a whole are considered biologically incapable of behaving, then why bother even talking about this issue? If that is what it is, then there is no point in talking about it.

For those who constantly complain about Blacks and anyone bringing up the argument Blacks being biologically incapable of behaving, what do you propose to be done about that?
It's more "culture" IMHO.

Our EdwardA made a comment about Black ladies being much smarter than the average Black dude; that ain't "biology". Looking at our PWT kind: both the dudes and women are usually pretty stupid so that kicks out "gender" as the dividing line within the SAME ethnic group.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:47 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,729,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
...you should listen to their opinions on your brand of American conservatism! Many African blacks have a really strong negative opinion on white supremacy and those that prescribe to that ideology... Even more so than many African Americans...
"your brand of American conservatism..." Haha. A meaningless term.

I was wondering how long it would take before you made it personal. You raised the issue and asked the question. My advice, don't ask questions that you don't want to hear the answer to.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It's more "culture" IMHO.

Our EdwardA made a comment about Black ladies being much smarter than the average Black dude; that ain't "biology". Looking at our PWT kind: both the dudes and women are usually pretty stupid so that kicks out "gender" as the dividing line within the SAME ethnic group.
I figured as much.

I disagree with EdwardA. Statistically, there are more Black women getting college degrees than Black men. However, it doesn't seem to be encouraged as much for Black men to get college degrees. Expectations are different by gender. Trust me, I've seen some stupidity among Black women from the underclass sector. Plenty of videos out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies