Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 09:16 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,592,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....if black on black violence is such a big problem in America....then why do black people from all over the world want to move here? You mean that want to be shot and killed?
Easy answer. None of them are coming to the USA to live in an African American neighborhood or to join that sub-culture. They are looking for Western Civilization.

It's been my experience from the Black people that I have met from other countries that without exception, the African American community is seen from a very negative viewpoint and sets bad example for the rest of Black people in the world.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:27 AM

428 posts, read 343,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I must not be sane then,

or you perhaps have never heard of View Park–Windsor Hills, California

Bill O'Reilly once said, "the country is divided by class, not by race." true or not, he got a point there.
That's a good point, I probably should modify my statement.

b) Caucasians (and any other sane group of people) don't want to live around groups of blacks...except for a few high income enclaves in California and Maryland.

I'd say that country is divided by both class and race. Hey, it's a big place.

Now, if you could point me at a realistic study that manages to show that crime is 100% associated with income (or, in other words, that race has no effect on crime if you correct for income), I'd be happy to read it. The strong suspicion of my lying eyes sez otherwise.

My guess is that the sources of crime statistics, like the FBI, will start obfuscating this kind of data collection due to the political behavior of the DOJ.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:31 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,225,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
It's an open secret among African-American men and boys that people are often afraid of them. This week, we've brought that conversation to the airways and social media.

We spoke with Paul Butler, a Georgetown University law professor, and Doyin Richard, a blogger at a parenting blog, Daddydoinwork.com, to talk about how these experiences have affected them.

Fear Of Black Men: How Society Sees Black Men And How They See Themselves : NPR
Within all stereotypes lies a certain amount of truth to varying degrees ergo, the existence of a particular stereotype? Fair? Probably not but, one has to play the odds as you can seldom single each stereotype out?

When it comes to blacks there tends to be several fears at several different levels.

Young black urban blacks? Crime, assaults and other violence.

Corporate America? It's economic terror. Anger and trigger happy lawsuits. I would tender that at least 1 out of 4 or 5 terminated sue. That number increases the higher the salary and job. It's a known defacto standard, fire a black, see you in court, shake you down for sumthin'. Everyone knows it and that is precisely why blacks and minorities are given so much lattitude in the workforce. And blacks typically know it and leverage it to the fullest. Almost daring you to terminate them. Some of their behaviors no white person could ever get away with and everyone reading this knows it. Despite poor performance in say, sales for example, they never get fired until the very end. Females in particular. It's a different fear but, employers know it all too well. Ever see a black person get fired from civil service? Nuff'said.

It's like they shake the employers down to hire them with threats of EOE lawsuits and them hold them hostage later when it's time to can them. They dare you to do it and eeeeeeveryone knows it.

It's not racist if it's true. Anyone that's been in corporate America for more than six months has seen it. It's a kind of just ignore the bad behavior and performance and try to live with it culture regardless of their behaviors, performance, attendance record, etc. It's cheaper, usually anyway, to just live with it than to spool up the legal and other resources to fight the litany of lawsuits, workmanship comp claims, abuses of FMLA, disability claims ad nauseum. Almost like a career plan for some. And ever since Barrack became president, they have never been louder or more daring.

As you see, there's street fear and there is workplace fear. the former can cost you your life, the latter, your job. Either way, you lose. Ergo, the wide birth given.

Now, tell me I'm the only one who thinks it, has witnessed it, or believes it. Hands?

Old 04-11-2015, 09:35 AM

39,160 posts, read 27,558,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
That's a good point, I probably should modify my statement.

b) Caucasians (and any other sane group of people) don't want to live around groups of blacks...except for a few high income enclaves in California and Maryland.

Now, if you could point me at a realistic study that manages to show that crime is 100% associated with income.
well, that is a good attitude.

Next time, eliminate ALL black and 100% from your post, problem solved.

Quote:

Now, if you could point me at a realistic study that manages to show that crime is 100% associated with income (or, in other words, that race has no effect on crime if you correct for income), I'd be happy to read it. The strong suspicion of my lying eyes sez otherwise.

My guess is that the sources of crime statistics, like the FBI, will start obfuscating this kind of data collection due to the political behavior of the DOJ.
well,

Maybe this article is interesting to you,

KEY TAKEAWAYS

Males commit more street crime than females, in part because of gender role socialization that helps make males more assertive and aggressive.

Young people commit a disproportionate amount of street crime, in part because of the influence of their peers and their lack of stakes in conformity.

The disproportionate involvement of African Americans and Latinos in street crime arises largely from their poverty and urban residence.

Who Commits Crime?

Old 04-11-2015, 09:51 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,634,683 times
they hate us cause they ain't us...lol.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:40 AM

428 posts, read 343,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, that is a good attitude.

Next time, eliminate ALL black and 100% from your post, problem solved.

well,

Maybe this article is interesting to you,

KEY TAKEAWAYS

Males commit more street crime than females, in part because of gender role socialization that helps make males more assertive and aggressive.

Young people commit a disproportionate amount of street crime, in part because of the influence of their peers and their lack of stakes in conformity.

The disproportionate involvement of African Americans and Latinos in street crime arises largely from their poverty and urban residence.

Who Commits Crime?
It is, but only in the sense that it references actual studies.

Reading the list above, the notion that males are more violent than females because of 'socialization' rather than some sort of innate behavior is absurd on the face of it. I realize that they are saying 'in part', but that's bound to be a darned small 'part'.

I'll take a look at the books referenced in the article as concerns race, although it'll be hard to justify the close to 8:1 difference in black murder rate based purely on nurture.

Just a couple of quick observations before I get to reading....

. I don't think that any ethnicity based arguments for/against criminality, intelligence, etc. make the case for inheritance causing 100% of the difference. The counter arguments tend to consist of showing some sort of environmental factor and then softly nudge you into believing that accounts for the whole she-bang. For some reason, the anti-DNA crew has a lot of skin (so to speak) in being absolutists in their opinion.

. As a practical matter, it really doesn't matter why certain groups are badly behaved. City-data is a great website for this kind of discussion since it has a fairly heavy orientation towards people who are thinking about moving. Looking at census reports (for example), while it might strike some as unfair or evil, is not a bad first order approximation of whether an area will be sketchy or not. If the slide in emphasis is from 'blacks are a pain because of physical differences' to 'blacks are a pain because of their upbringing', I can accept this. It'll still drive, to quite an extent, where I would be willing to live.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:26 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,527,718 times
Quote:
I would say that I "fear" economic violence from whites and street violence from blacks. Economic violence, however, prolonged, begets physical violence as poverty, frustration and despair can lead to family disintegration, hopelessness and illegal activities. Neither "fear" is a worry, however.
Truly pathetic liberal nonsense. No one believes this garbage.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:29 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,527,718 times
Quote:
Well....if black on black violence is such a big problem in America....then why do black people from all over the world want to move here? You mean that want to be shot and killed?
Because even with the levels of black on black violence here it's mostly confined to the inner city ghettos and drug related activity so as an immigrant you can stay away from it. And, it's a whole lot better than the third world mud holes they are coming from.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:39 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,848,499 times
Well with this last incident, finely a black family with class . so far no screaming family members , they want Sharpton out of the picture ...how classy is that ?

Old 04-11-2015, 02:38 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,979,999 times
Quote:
It is, but only in the sense that it references actual studies.

Reading the list above, the notion that males are more violent than females because of 'socialization' rather than some sort of innate behavior is absurd on the face of it. I realize that they are saying 'in part', but that's bound to be a darned small 'part'.

I'll take a look at the books referenced in the article as concerns race, although it'll be hard to justify the close to 8:1 difference in black murder rate based purely on nurture.

Just a couple of quick observations before I get to reading....

. I don't think that any ethnicity based arguments for/against criminality, intelligence, etc. make the case for inheritance causing 100% of the difference. The counter arguments tend to consist of showing some sort of environmental factor and then softly nudge you into believing that accounts for the whole she-bang. For some reason, the anti-DNA crew has a lot of skin (so to speak) in being absolutists in their opinion.

. As a practical matter, it really doesn't matter why certain groups are badly behaved. City-data is a great website for this kind of discussion since it has a fairly heavy orientation towards people who are thinking about moving. Looking at census reports (for example), while it might strike some as unfair or evil, is not a bad first order approximation of whether an area will be sketchy or not. If the slide in emphasis is from 'blacks are a pain because of physical differences' to 'blacks are a pain because of their upbringing', I can accept this. It'll still drive, to quite an extent, where I would be willing to live.
You do know it's a difference between "ghetto blacks" and normal blacks right? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies