Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 11:20 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times

Advertisements

This is not news. It has been this way since the first African set foot in the US...always been open season on them. Sadly now, too many are killing themselves. But that fear was purposely taught in the early days and because a part of Euro-American psyche and culture.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:28 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,550,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
This is not news. It has been this way since the first African set foot in the US...always been open season on them. Sadly now, too many are killing themselves. But that fear was purposely taught in the early days and because a part of Euro-American psyche and culture.
Are black men not fueling this perception? We act like this is occuring in a vacuum and that we (black men) are entirely blameless. Part of the problem is that we simply refuse to be entirely honest about ourselves and why these perceptions exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTMrEvslpHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcHz8il615w

Old 04-12-2015, 11:01 AM

428 posts, read 344,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is for the sake of bringing up the biological side. If Blacks as a whole are considered biologically incapable of behaving, then why bother even talking about this issue? If that is what it is, then there is no point in talking about it.

For those who constantly complain about Blacks and anyone bringing up the argument Blacks being biologically incapable of behaving, what do you propose to be done about that?
This question brought me up short, and I've been thinking a lot about it.

It's easy to come up with lists of things to haven't worked, usually at a lot of expense. It isn't like midnight basketball is going to save the say.

For sure there's the chance that biological sciences will advance to the point that individuals will all be treated differently, although I can't say that the idea of assigning someone to a 'pre-crime' cohort is altogether a good idea.

In terms of the black (and increasingly the hispanic) underclass, my strong temptation would be to throw away the last 100 years of pontificating by sociologists. Perhaps the best lessons could be learned from modern practices in counterinsurgency warfare, the problems inherent in running an ill-behaved country could tell you a lot about what might actually work. There are plenty of ongoing laboratories around the world. I'm going to set aside some time to read about that.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:15 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
Are black men not fueling this perception? We act like this is occuring in a vacuum and that we (black men) are entirely blameless. Part of the problem is that we simply refuse to be entirely honest about ourselves and why these perceptions exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTMrEvslpHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcHz8il615w

So wait a minute, you think every single black male under 20 all over the country are similar to the ones in this video? lol

Old 04-12-2015, 12:24 PM

546 posts, read 408,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Hood rats obviously get more attention because they are ones robbing and killing which will always overshadow good stories about decent blacks.
Much like openly discriminatory whites get press, while the millions of whites who treat all races with respect never make the news.

Much like the conspicuous consumption of some rich people make the news, while many rich people quietly donate to charity and/or personally voluntarily assist the needy without recognition.

Most "types" of people make the news because of bad behavior, not good.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:38 PM

428 posts, read 344,156 times
Quote:
So wait a minute, you think every single black male under 20 all over the country are similar to the ones in this video? lol
LOL, we're doomed. At least they avoided the 'know what I'm sayin' lyric.

Here's my people at work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wroj0FLvzs

Old 04-12-2015, 02:39 PM

592 posts, read 502,286 times
30+ (my count) vs 2 black men due to an illegal packed car. Now, that is fear, and it was only over a minor packing issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufElBEFoJxw

Old 04-12-2015, 04:22 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,550,897 times
Quote:
No. Of course not. I am a black man with several relatives and associates under 20 who do not act like this. But I also know several who do. This type of behavior is unfortunately embedded into, accepted and, in many cases, encouraged in our culture but we refuse to acknowledge it. It is entirely dishonest to think that this type of behavior is isolated amongst young black men.

I realize that posting a couple Youtube videos seems anecdotal, but short of taking some of you into our neighborhoods and schools to witness and analyze some of this stuff playing out consistently and non-coincidentally, that's the best I could do to illustrate my point.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:39 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
This is the danger of not knowing history. This is nothing new....crime is just the current excuse. Here is an excellent, excellent article

As a nation we seem to have very short memories. Fear of the black man just didn’t start overnight, and it didn’t just happen during the course of our lifetime; like any singularity it has to have a beginning. Its origin has been embedded in this nation’s consciousness since the Nat Turner revolt; a pathological fear that the oppressed will one day rise up and inflict vengeance upon the oppressor.

White fear of Black men | Center for the Study of White American Culture

Moral blindness. Every single black person in the eyes of white people is the sign of a terrible crime from their ugly past, a reminder that their life is a fraud, that they are pretty much nothing more than armed robbers. But it is hard for them to simply own up to their past and make it right. Instead they deny, shift blame, lie, twist facts and make black people into these creatures that they look down on, laugh at and yet, oddly, fear. It is a failed attempt to be at peace with themselves. This is why whites need to give reparations more than blacks need to receive it.

I bow down to the last quote.....for it's veracity.
Excuse me, I have never once committed armed robbery, and my life is not a fraud. I do not have to apologize for and beg forgiveness from you or any other black person because I am a white man. Furthermore, neither you or any other black person currently in America has been a slave on this continent. So get over yourselves, you aren't that special.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:27 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times
it wasn't that long ago, maybe couple years ago at the most when the 'new black panther " took stand outside a voting precent, and i do remember on their web page they was going kill some whitey. now don't you think that white folks don't think about this. and with the knock out game. why should we not fear the black population. yes i know not all believe or act that way, but how do we know which one.

I remember two incindents when i was working construction in the ghetto area of town, two different time once sun started going down. eldeery black construction workers told me, get in your truck, go home, we finish up. don't get caught here after dark.

so hard do i know which one going knock me in the head
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies