Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 09:51 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,911,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
FIRST .. Paragraphs and/or line spacing makes my eyes water less.

Second .. Learn your history!

Blacks sold Blacks into slavery.
Blacks, or more correctly, the Mulatto's were the majority slave owners in early America.

It was a Black Man who was responsible for making slavery legal in America!
Yes, Anthony Johnson (A Black Slave Owner) took the issue of slave ownership to court and Won the right to legal slavery!
What you stated is simply not true. The Anthony Johnson court case didn't make slavery legal and it wasn't the first American court case involving slavery. Partus sequitur ventrem wasn't the law of the land until 1662. Partus sequitur ventrem is the legislation that made race based slavery legal in America. Partus sequiture ventrem was passed in response to the lawsuit brought forth by Elizabeth Grinstead.

The Anthony Johnson case involved John Casor, an indentured servant. In 1955 a Virginia court ruled John Casor was to be a slave for life. This wasn't the first time a Virginia court ruled that a black person serve a lifetime of servitude. John Punch was the first "official slave in the America. The Virginia Governor's Council in 1940 sentenced John Punch (a black man) to a life of servitude for fleeing his master. The two white servants who fled with him only received a term of indenture extended by four year each.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:09 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
How convenient. Let's deal with your complaint about the white family being attacked and the intracultural violence. The problem is that actions have consequences. When you purposely create an underclass, this type of thing is what you get.

If 1965 is too far back to discuss although people from that day are still alive,people should stop discuss the holocaust. It happened prior to that time and not on American shores.
If talking about learning and REMEMBERING history; that's 1 thing. If talking about "white" people keeping the Black man down and murdering him in 2015, try again. It's on the hood rats to stop playing the fool over stupid stuff.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:15 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
someone in this thread should google

HASTY GENERALIZATION

Old 04-19-2015, 11:19 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If talking about learning and REMEMBERING history; that's 1 thing. If talking about "white" people keeping the Black man down and murdering him in 2015, try again. It's on the hood rats to stop playing the fool over stupid stuff.
Cause and effect, to an extent.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:35 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
It's MUCH worse in 2015 than way back when; it's almost like a "holocaust" in 2015. If I were a Black dude; I'd be a hell of a lot MORE worried about "my kind" than some stupid neo Nazi skinhead dude since they're real easy to either avoid or they ain't as likely to shoot my ass, just try to fight me. Hell; I'm white and I DON'T trust that kind of skinhead either.
A holocaust? In 2015, Black murder rates are actually lower than they were in 1940.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/...r20_006acc.pdf

Now, I would agree that a hood rat and a skinhead are both violent individuals.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:01 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I think its just people being cautious for legitimate reasons. If I see a tiger, I'll be cautious instead of assuming it's friendly. If I see a group of young white males with a certain look, I'll be cautious. If I see a group of young black males in an area known for crime, I'll be cautious. If I see Bill Cosby walking down the street, I won't think twice about it.
Yeah, you're safe with ol Bill as long as he's not offering refreshments.......

I think that black guys do have a rough shake of it sometimes. I mean I feel a little bad for the average black guy just going to work trying to make a living. Those are the black guys that I know and have dealt with.

I don't hang out in rough parts of town or interact with thugs of any color, black or white.

People always dust off the stats about blacks committing much more crime than other groups and I think some hard hard thinking about what ails the black community and what needs to be done.

Are black people inherently inferior to other groups... I say no and not by a long shot.

If they aren't inferior then what causes those stats? I don't know.

If we factor in racism.... that may add a bit, but I feel in my heart of hearts that while racism exists there are many more factors that go into the stats about crime. I suggest that the black community do some soul searching within and don't listen to idiots like Sharpton, him and Jackson have a vested interest in keeping black people feeling like their all their failures stem from racism and other race based issues. Those bottom feeders make their money off of racism, it gets their mugs on the air.

Hard work goes a long way in life, black brown or white.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:50 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Crime stats, particularly VIOLENT crime stats.......MAY have something to do with how Black males and Blacks in general are viewed!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Old 04-19-2015, 11:28 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
A holocaust? In 2015, Black murder rates are actually lower than they were in 1940.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/...r20_006acc.pdf

Now, I would agree that a hood rat and a skinhead are both violent individuals.
What there's like 10 skinheads left in the country compared to the 20 million hood rats that spawn faster then rabbits???

Old 04-20-2015, 05:52 AM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
What there's like 10 skinheads left in the country compared to the 20 million hood rats that spawn faster then rabbits???
This sounds so irrational I don't know where to begin.

1) Prove to me that there are 20 million hood rats.
2) Prove to me that there are only 10 skinheads.

3) Birth rates in this nation have been dropping.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:48 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Neither. I'm speaking about cause and effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies