Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 09:12 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermints View Post
People aren't protesting against police officers just for the heck of it. They are protesting against them because those moronic cops can't seem to stop being overaggressive, trigger happy baffoons on harmless unarmed people especially on people of color.

Also it's great that you see all of those mass murderers for the vile criminals that they are but unfortunately, an overwhelming majority make and use far too many sob stories to excuse those murderers.
Do you think more black youths are killed by white police officers, or other black youths? Is one murder worse than another?

Old 04-10-2015, 10:29 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,106 times
Another OP crying about the white man keeping him down. SMH

Old 04-10-2015, 11:02 PM

756 posts, read 834,185 times
Angry Stop Killing The Innocent Blacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
What No One is Saying About the Killings of Blacks in America -

This article might be the nest Ive seen in regards to this topic.

From the article:
About ten years ago, I was taking a group of teenagers to get lunch while volunteering at a local church. There was about six of us packed inside of my sedan– I still don’t know how we got in there, but we did. And although they were teens, each of them were taller and bigger than me, which isn’t saying much since I’m only about “yea” high. Behind us pulled in a white man looking for lunch as well. Apparently, our order took too long and he proceeded to honk his horn and began to yell profanity out his window towards us. “Hurry the I Love Cuss Words up,” is what I clearly remember being the trigger that set us off and, ultimately, led to a confrontation that almost got the six us of killed. When the teens in my car responded in kind, the white man jumped out of his car and approached us ready to fight: one of him against six of us.

I tell you this story in light of all of the killings we have been seeing of black Americans for this reason: no one ever talks about the events that led to the killings. The narrative always begins with the confrontation but never with who or what created the antagonistic environment which led to the confrontation and which then led to the killings of so many African Americans. The narrative of Trayvon Martin’s death began with the fist fight that led to George Zimmerman pulling out a weapon and shooting him. The narrative of Michael Brown’s death, ostensibly, begins with the physical “confrontation” with Darren Wilson. And now, even with the video of Walter Scott, no one is asking how this broken tail light violation led to his murder. The narrative starts where the video begins.

No one asks why George Zimmerman felt he had the right to harass, stalk, and then confront a teen who was guilty of no crime. No one ever mentions Dorian Johnson’s account of how the confrontation with Darren Wilson began with the officer yelling at them to get the Stop Censoring Cuss Words Already out of the street. And is anyone even going to ask how one goes from getting pulled over for a broken tail light to being in a confrontation which ultimately gets you killed? Here’s the answer: The reason Trayvon, Michael, and Walter are dead is because they had the nerve to do the same thing me and the five teens almost got killed for that day. We had the nerve to assert our right to be respected and to get angry with someone with a gun who was either looking for a confrontation or was infuriated when we refused to bow down and be subservient.

The only reason I am typing this blog post and not dead is because I had the advantage of being wise enough to realize that any frail man who was willing to take on six teens either had a death wish or a gun– or possibly even both. I had to survey the situation in a matter of seconds and I realized that this guy came looking for a confrontation and concluded that he had to have a gun. And being that we were in the state of Florida, he could have killed us and later claimed he was in fear of his life–conveniently leaving out that he was the provocateur who created the entire situation. And because we dared to respond in kind, he exploded in rage. I couldn’t control what was unfolding except for stalling my teens — but here was no stopping them. We were all out of our cars and I was scrambling, pulling the teens back in one at a time. Once I realized it was beyond my control, I did the only thing I could think of — I called the police.

This is what no one is talking about with regard to the killings of black people. Some white Americans feel as though they have the right to confront us and, if we do not cower before their demands–if we don’t “humble” ourselves and comply–then they become infuriated. How dare we not instantly obey the words and instructions of these angry white men? How dare we respond to them as if we are equal. How dare we demand respect not only from thugs on the street, but also from thugs with badges. No one is talking about this because we aren’t ready to confront the glaringly obvious vestiges of Jim Crow: the idea that black people should be subservient–know their place, hold their head down, and say, “Yes Sir” and “No Sir” –whenever being instructed by any white person who wants to “teach us a lesson.”

I refuse to burden this article with disclaimers about this behavior not being categorical for all of white America because so long as one white American behaves in this manner it is one too many. Trayvon is not only dead because he fought back; he is dead because he demanded to be respected as an equal. Zimmerman had no right to stalk and confront him and Trayvon had the right to stand his ground. Zimmerman created the situation, and when Trayvon did not acquiesce, he killed him. Michael Brown is dead today because he got angry with an infuriated Darren Wilson– mad because those boys didn’t bow down when he told them to “Get the Cussing Is Cool out of the street.” And the only way I can fathom a police stop for a broken tail light leading to the murder of Walter Scott is if words were exchanged and Scott refused to cower before his murderer–which would have only infuriated the violent police officer more.

Our leaders ignore this. Our media ignores this. Our justice system doesn’t even consider this. All our system considers is, if at the moment of confrontation, whether the person who shot the gun feared for his or her life. And in this regard, black people are stripped of our right to be human. We are stripped of our right to get angry when we feel as though we have been mistreated and disrespected. No one cares if little people with Napoleon complexes come to assert their need for domination over a group of people whom they feel should be subservient to them. And when they find men and women who refuse to bow down, they kill them. And what does America say about this? It tells black people that we should have complied.

The most painful example of institutionalized racism is the fact that our legal system pays little, if any, regard to this truth–especially when the victim is black and dead. A dead black man can have any narrative necessary created about him. It certainly helps that America is so ready to believe that every black man is a potential thug. This helps them conclude in their minds, without any question, what happened.

True institutionalized racism is the fact that our judicial system allows the narrative to begin in the most convenient of place for the aggressor with no regard to what created the confrontation. True institutionalized racism is the fact that members of the “jury of our peers” suffer from–at best–a fundamental attribution error whenever they determine that a black person was “just violent” with no regard to the situation. True institutionalized racism is the fact that after all this, our system has the unmitigated gall to label the outcome “justice.”

We must stop minimizing these murders to simply being about black and white and we must unpack what that actually means. While there are some who are killed simply because their skin color is black, most of the cases we are seeing are deeper than that. We are being killed because we are black and because we refuse to be subservient to angry white men who feel they should have authority over us. We are being killed because we are not cowering to the demands of small people with guns who want to be free to speak to us in any manner they wish. We are being killed because we have the nerve to “ [ youtube ] Adobe Flash Deleted [ / youtube ]
[ URL = " https: // www. youtube. com/ Adobe Flash Sucks " ]declare our right on this earth to be [men], to be human beings, [and] to be respected as human beings. ”[ I Don't Like Flash. / URL ]
[ youtube ] I Will Not Wash Your Adobe Flash. [ / youtube ]
[ URL = " https : // www.youtube.com / watch?v= HTML5 Rules Flash Drools " ]
[ / URL ]
This is what no one is talking about. But now, maybe we can.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:59 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
OP, you need to check your facts.

Quote:
In 2012, according to the CDC, 140 blacks were killed by police. That same year 386 whites were killed by police. Over the 13-year period from 1999 to 2011, the CDC reports that 2,151 whites were killed by cops -- and 1,130 blacks were killed by cops.
Read more: 'Racial' Cop Stories That Didn't Make the Cut | RealClearPolitics

The facts are that fewer blacks are being killed than whites. Crooks come in every color. But it really shouldn't be about which ethnicity is being killed, it's more about why. Unjustified shootings, lying and cover ups need to stop. If officers are forced to wear cameras so their actions can be verified, so be it. I applaud any measure that's taken to stop abuse perpetrated by some really bad apples in police departments all over the country. They are giving the good cops a bad name.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:30 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Most black on black crimes the person is caught. Its extremely rare you here of a black on black crime, they know who did it, and just let them walk free.

A cop can kill you and just say I felt scared and be let off the hook, compared to a civilian needing videos, 10 witnesses, and a Johny Cochran type lawyer to get off.

Black on black crime is not ignored. Black folks that have to live around it are sick of it, but its not much they can do at times.
Most black on black crime is "caught?"

News to me. Do you have a link? And does that link take into account the crimes that are not reported by blacks of which there are many?

Old 04-11-2015, 06:25 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
When you have black people rioting and protesting because some thug like Michael Brown is shot after he robs a place, how can civilized people take this the protest seriously? This is the person black people can relate to? Really?

Old 04-11-2015, 06:51 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Another OP crying about the white man keeping him down. SMH
All I did was provide the link to the article, which I didnt write but it does make some very valid points about disrespect and submission.

But for someone who is crying bout da white man keepin him down, he keeps me down so bad that i gots;
-A good paying job
-Excellent Credit
-Nice House
-College degree
-Nice car
-Never been to jail
-Beautiful wife

So I hope the man keeps keeping me down so much that I can continue to life this awful life above that I just listed because of the man. America I tells you

Old 04-11-2015, 06:58 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
When you have black people rioting and protesting because some thug like Michael Brown is shot after he robs a place, how can civilized people take this the protest seriously? This is the person black people can relate to? Really?

Most black folks I know thinks M Brown deserves this blank kicked for that punk move he did in that store, what they dont agree with was the altercation by the cop in which it seems the cop made this situation way worse than it could have been, assuming what Dorian Johnson said was accurate. I personally think Dorian Johnson's story was full of crap and that Darren Wilson was lying as well too since there was no video to prove his story. Just look at the BS story the SC cop just made up this week and he would have gotten off the hook if it wasnt for the video showing him shooting that guy in the back. But Mike Brown should have just been locked up like any other shop lifter. Seriously who the hell charges full speed at someone that is shooting at them over and over, that just doesn't happen in real life, unless you are high on PCP or some other weird drug.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:54 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Everybody has a story of being a victim.

Although sometimes it's about race, many people believe it's always about race.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:02 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Actually, not much.
Ahh. So you just added "right-wing" for political appeal.

So subtract that out and we are left with "white crazies". Is there any difference between a "White crazie" and a "Black crazie". Or a crazie of any color? For example the 3 crazies who shot up the satirical newspaper in Paris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies