Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 05:24 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
In other words, anyone who disagrees with the Liberal/Progressive agenda is automatically a bigot.......yeah we know.
There's the ol' reliable right-wing tactic of dumbing things down because abiding the intelligent perspective undercuts the right wing's corrupt preferences.

Here's what I wrote again. This time, read it for meaning and understand it as it is written, rather than defiling yourself by arguing against something no one has said.
When you decide to build a perspective around rationalizing hating on numerous minorities in society, it is foolish to be surprised when opposing perspectives consider offensive the numerous forms of hating you want to engage in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 07:00 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
There's the ol' reliable right-wing tactic of dumbing things down because abiding the intelligent perspective undercuts the right wing's corrupt preferences.

Here's what I wrote again. This time, read it for meaning and understand it as it is written, rather than defiling yourself by arguing against something no one has said.
When you decide to build a perspective around rationalizing hating on numerous minorities in society, it is foolish to be surprised when opposing perspectives consider offensive the numerous forms of hating you want to engage in.

And how very convenient for you it must be to be the self appointed arbiters of what constitutes hate.

For instance, opposing illegal immigration is not hate in anyones eyes but the Left's.

I don't hate any person or group of people because of their skin color, religion, nationality, sexual preferences etc.

I may dislike some perspectives, ideas or practices that might be more common among a particular group of people who share whatever trait grants them minority status.
But contrary to progressive/left wing bable, that does not constitute "hate" for an entire group or groups of people.

I dislike illegal immigration, but that doesn't make me guilty of anti Hispanic racism simply because many illegal immigrants happen to be Hispanic.

Racisim and bigotry do exist in our culture but Progressives see hate everyplace they look for it because they want to see it....they HAVE to see it becasue their whole perspective is based on the using false accusations of "hate" as a political weapon.

Most of the Left's accusations of "hate" against conservatives are baseless pablum when examined with an unbiased eye.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:27 AM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
And how very convenient for you it must be to be the self appointed arbiters of what constitutes hate.

For instance, opposing illegal immigration is not hate in anyones eyes but the Left's.

I don't hate any person or group of people because of their skin color, religion, nationality, sexual preferences etc.

I may dislike some perspectives, ideas or practices that might be more common among a particular group of people who share whatever trait grants them minority status.
But contrary to progressive/left wing bable, that does not constitute "hate" for an entire group or groups of people.

I dislike illegal immigration, but that doesn't make me guilty of anti Hispanic racism simply because many illegal immigrants happen to be Hispanic.

Racisim and bigotry do exist in our culture but Progressives see hate everyplace they look for it because they want to see it....they HAVE to see it becasue their whole perspective is based on the using false accusations of "hate" as a political weapon.

Most of the Left's accusations of "hate" against conservatives are baseless pablum when examined with an unbiased eye.
Excellent, truthful post. Thank you.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:33 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
And btw, you don't have to say it bUU, it's written behind every word you type.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:46 AM

428 posts, read 344,320 times
You have to admit that it's a bit funny that 'immigration' (which really is a code word for an open border policy with Mexico and Central America) ended up along a Left-Right faultline.

It's not obvious to me why the advantages of massive people movement across the border (cheap lettuce and hotel maids, more Mexican markets and restaurants, a fairly nebulous notion of world humanity) and the disadvantages (increased pressure on the ecosystem, increase 1st world load on global warming, loss of national identity, heavy heavy downwards pressure on working class wages) would automatically sort itself out as a simple political issue that follows dissimilar ones.

You can pretty much count on worst case scenarios for Mexican migration since the combination of everyday Liberals, the Democratic nomenklatura, and Republican corporate leaders can easily outspend and outvote everyone remaining. Big government and big business are just two sides of the same coin and their foot soldiers and clients will probably prevail.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:36 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Actually bigotry and hate are objectively defined in the law. It isn't even a matter of dispute. The only dispute of issue are whether the bigotry and hate against specific groups is sanctionable or not. But the fact that you cannot bring yourself to admit that what is bigotry and what is hate are well-established, and must insist on making your response about me instead of about the topic, highlights very well the fact that you recognize that you don't have a legitimate response to what is being said to you.

Stop working so hard to make excuses for the hate you want to engage in. It isn't working in your favor.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:05 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Actually bigotry and hate are objectively defined in the law. It isn't even a matter of dispute. The only dispute of issue are whether the bigotry and hate against specific groups is sanctionable or not.
Exactly, and the religious are one of those groups whose rights are protected by the First Amendment and cannot be eradicated by law:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...

So stop already with all the anti-religion hate and bigotry.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:08 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,664 times
It is perfectly fine to be a bigot.

And it is perfectly fine for people like me to ridicule you, make fun of you, and warn others that your thought process is ancient and flawed.

Where both sides go wrong, is when they try to use government force, i.e. laws, to force the other groups to adopt their beliefs.

Yeah, in this country, you have the freedom to be an a-hole, and I have the freedom to treat you like the a-hole you are. I don't get why anyone would think they have the freedom to act in a distasteful, idiotic way... but they also believe that nobody has the right to call them on their b.s.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:12 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly, and the religious are one of those groups whose rights are protected by the First Amendment and cannot be eradicated by law:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...

So stop already with all the anti-religion hate and bigotry.
Anti-religion hate and bigotry is not a law passed by congress. Therefore the first amendment does not apply to private individuals displaying anti-religion hate or bigotry.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:14 AM

950 posts, read 924,487 times
ah, the old labeling people .........."bigots"

In 1989 Marshal Kirk and Hunter Madsen wrote a manuscript for gays on how to promote the gay agenda.

Her are some of their directives........."demonize Christian churches"......"accuse anyone disagreeing as being a bigot and a homophobe

Yup, most posters are following that manuscript to a ""T"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies