Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 03:05 PM

24,361 posts, read 22,933,128 times

Advertisements

We don't need police acting as bad as the thugs and criminals they arrest. Some suspects deserve a beat down if they resist and emotions can run high depending on the circumstances. Ordinary citizens might let their emotions get the better of them and can be given a pass like that Florida father who beat up the molester of his child. But these guys are supposed to be professionals trained to handle situations like this with calm and follow procedures. Now they've probably lost their jobs and will leave the community on the hook for a big financial settlement.
Thugs on the street. Thugs wearing badges. Thugs holding office. This is what happens when society collapses.
On a lighter note, I wonder why they didn't beat or shoot the horse that supposedly kicked an officer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 03:14 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,910,049 times
Until cops start acting like professionals, they should be treated as unskilled workers, and given just a McWage, no pensions, no benefits.

We need to put the burden on cops to retake their profession from thugs inside their squadroom.

As of 4/12/15, this is not a profession. Too many incidents to view them as anomalies.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:24 PM

18,400 posts, read 7,015,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Until cops start acting like professionals, they should be treated as unskilled workers, and given just a McWage, no pensions, no benefits.

We need to put the burden on cops to retake their profession from thugs inside their squadroom.

As of 4/12/15, this is not a profession. Too many incidents to view them as anomalies.
Meanwhile, millions of cops around the country risk their lives everyday, doing their jobs without abusing their power or getting so much as a thank you from anyone.

But that's ok, you just let the few bad apples that make the news now and then form your opinion about all cops.

I think there's a word for that that Liberals are very fond of......

Old 04-11-2015, 03:31 PM

I'll thank them when they testify against bad cops in court, helping America rid itself of these terrorists.

That would take guts. Do they have it? I hope so.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:42 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,649,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
We don't need police acting as bad as the thugs and criminals they arrest. Some suspects deserve a beat down if they resist and emotions can run high depending on the circumstances. Ordinary citizens might let their emotions get the better of them and can be given a pass like that Florida father who beat up the molester of his child. But these guys are supposed to be professionals trained to handle situations like this with calm and follow procedures. Now they've probably lost their jobs and will leave the community on the hook for a big financial settlement.
Thugs on the street. Thugs wearing badges. Thugs holding office. This is what happens when society collapses.
On a lighter note, I wonder why they didn't beat or shoot the horse that supposedly kicked an officer?

Because the horse might kick back.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:44 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,649,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Meanwhile, millions of cops around the country risk their lives everyday, doing their jobs without abusing their power or getting so much as a thank you from anyone.
This is true and that's why its so important for the good cops to expose the bad ones.

BTW, millions of plumbers around the country do their jobs without stealing from their customers everyday and never get a thank you either.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And what do the cops deserve?
I don't know, I wasn't there and I don't know what the perp did before the tape started rolling either.

A few of them may deserve to be suspended for sure, but I don't think they all do. What I saw on the tape didn't tell me that they were all bad cops.

Lot's of folks seem to forget that cops aren't robots, and they deal with people who would just as soon spit on them or worse every day and that can cause them to get over zealous for sure. But too many people are starting to judge all police on the actions of a well publicized few.

Yes, what the cops did was wrong, but once again the perp put himself in that position.
And if you ask if he desered it? ......In this case I'd say yes. I have no sympathy for animal abusers or identity thieves.
Either of those crimes alone qualify you for scumbag status in my book and this guy was both, so no tears shed here.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
This is true and that's why its so important for the good cops to expose the bad ones.

BTW, millions of plumbers around the country do their jobs without stealing from their customers everyday and never get a thank you either.
Yes, but most plumbers don't routinely get shot at, punched, kicked, stabbed or spit on in the course of their daily jobs do they?

That said, I do thank my plumber.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:07 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,852,818 times
Quote:
Nobody said he was a nice person.

So you think if you are a bad guy then the cops can beat the crap out of you? Eight cops? You like making the cops judge, jury and executioner too?
No, I was very tired when I wrote that post, but it's sometimes how I feel, not what I would necessarily support. In other words, I am against any violence and the Death Penalty, but that doesn't mean there aren't some people I'd like to see suffer or executed. Hope that makes sense to you.

But for a minute, please go back and look at what you wrote. Aren't we also being judge & jury by immediately convicting the police officers in all the recent cases of abuse? I know the video of Slager who shot a man in the back is very damning, but maybe we don't know the entire story. I also know the video of these cops in California is evidence that proves they punched & kicked a man while he was on the ground.

However, shouldn't even a bad cop be "innocent until proven guilty" or do we now live in a world where the latest cell phone technology overrides the judicial process?

Old 04-11-2015, 04:13 PM

justNancy, The video will be all the prosecution needs. The hero who took that video should be commended by Congress.

Analysts expect the defense to be negotiating based on the level of the charge, not guilt or innocence.

Gotta love cell phone video. No sweeping video under the rug.

Hopefully, this cop loves life in a cage (sar), as he won't be leaving one. Good for society to cage its animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies