Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 11:33 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
We dropped Atomic weapons on the Japanese....not on the army....but on individuals. We did not go after individuals who were Japanese and attacking America, rather, we attacked the collective of JAPAN. That act is said to have saved thousands of American lives from having to put boots on the ground in Japan.

Here is the kicker, this was a nation of the people, by the people and for the people....and people meant "white" up until 1964. The political construct of the nation is a Representative Republic. Thus, through representatives, the will of the people is reflected. Hence, for hundreds of years, the people (white people) supported and or allowed the oppression of black people. I mean, in a democracy if you have a problem with something then you elected people who will solve the problem. Yet, white male rule allowed the oppression of black people to go on, in one form or another, for over 300 years. That is a collective guilt.
Is this truly your thought process? There are so many holes i again don't know where to start. In fact it is all hole, there isn't much solid anywhere. Bombing of Japan had strategic value, and is even then debated on if it was worth the collateral costs for what it gained us, in either case no one believes it was to collectively punish the people of Japan. Here is another kicker, in many states/colonies slavery was illegal so if you did hold the voters accountable it could only be the voters in the states that sanctioned oppression, and certainly could not include the quakers/society of friends,abolitionists, etc who actively campaigned against oppression and certainly could not include those who immigrated to the us from countries that didnt sanction oppression and certainly could not include those who were not alive during the oppression

But I understand that you will forever cling to your hard and racist assertion that blood (or in this case tannin) makes one guilty, and makes another owed.

If you ever get a penny of reparation you being of good conscience would pass it right along to the native Americans I am sure?

Old 04-17-2015, 11:39 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Is this truly your thought process? There are so many holes i again don't know where to start. In fact it is all hole, there isn't much solid anywhere. Bombing of Japan had strategic value, and is even then debated on if it was worth the collateral costs for what it gained us, in either case no one believes it was to collectively punish the people of Japan. Here is another kicker, in many states/colonies slavery was illegal so if you did hold the voters accountable it could only be the voters in the states that sanctioned oppression, and certainly could not include the quakers/society of friends,abolitionists, etc who actively campaigned against oppression and certainly could not include those who immigrated to the us from countries that didnt sanction oppression and certainly could not include those who where not alive during the oppression

But I understand that you will forever cling to your hard and racist assertion that blood (or in this case tannin) makes one guilty.
Another example. We have a problem with the individuals in the government of Iran....then we hold the collective of Iran responsible via SANCTIONS!. Who ultimately gets hurt when sanctions are placed on a nation? ITS THE PEOPLE OF THE NATION. We put sanctions on CUBA, because of Fidel Castro. We did not allow trade or for family to visit their family. That is US policy dude....much of it you probably support.

Whites ran the government of this nation for centuries. They were elected by the people to represent the people......and they so oppression to be ok or they would have voted oppression away long, long ago.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Another example. We have a problem with the individuals in the government of Iran....then we hold the collective of Iran responsible via SANCTIONS!. Who ultimately gets hurt when sanctions are placed on a nation? ITS THE PEOPLE OF THE NATION. We put sanctions on CUBA, because of Fidel Castro. We did not allow trade or for family to visit their family.

Whites ran the government of this nation for centuries. They were elected by the people to represent the people......and they so oppression to be ok or they would have voted oppression away long, long ago.
Collateral damage to punish the regime who needs punishing. In our case there is no one around to be punished; you don't give sanctions for what happened 3 regimes ago.
Tannin does not a collective make, further more no voter today has voted for oppression. Why is the racism so deep within you? Release the hate, unclench your heart, see your brothers and sisters for whom they are: Americans, you'll probably live longer with that mindset.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Collateral damage to punish the regime who needs punishing. In our case there is no one around to be punished; you don't give sanctions for what happened 3 regimes ago.
Tannin does not a collective make, further more no voter today has voted for oppression. Why is the racism so deep within you? Release the hate, unclench your heart, see your brothers and sisters for whom they are: Americans, you'll probably live longer with that mindset.
Ahhh....it shows a lot about your morals. You are willing to accept collateral damage OF OTHERS for YOUR objectives and when you feel threatened and wrong. Yet, you are not willing to be the collateral damage in the present, for the actions of whites in the past. Yet, you have no problem with being the collateral beneficiary of those whites in the past.

And the thing about it.....your not really suffering as a white person. How do you suffer as a white person for whites getting the collective blame?

Old 04-17-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Ahhh....it shows a lot about your morals. You are willing to accept collateral damage OF OTHERS for YOUR objectives and when you feel threatened and wrong. Yet, you are not willing to be the collateral damage in the present, for the actions of whites in the past. Yet, you have no problem with being the collateral beneficiary of those whites in the past.

And the thing about it.....your not really suffering as a white person. How do you suffer as a white person for whites getting the collective blame?
I thought my response made it clear that I accept collateral damage when it is the result of hitting a necessary target. Who is the necessary target in our case of oppression? They are all dead. It seems like we are all the target and not the collateral for those who would 'punish white people'.

And if this is just about you being able to say i as a white person am guilty, sure, if it ends there I have no problem with what you believe.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:05 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,746 times
Quote:

Are you saying you want to wage war against white people of the past by fighting current whites? I do not think you will beat them since they are already dead. When you target us, we are not the collateral damage, we are the targets. You are effectively targeting the wrong people on purpose.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I thought my response made it clear that I accept collateral damage when it is the result of hitting a necessary target. Who is the necessary target in our case of oppression? They are all dead. It seems like we are all the target and not the collateral for those who would 'punish white people'.

And if this is just about you being able to say i as a white person am guilty, sure, if it ends there I have no problem with what you believe.
The necessary target is the nation, it created the laws through representatives elected by individuals, that allowed for the oppression of blacks.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
The necessary target is the nation, it created the laws through representatives elected by individuals, that allowed for the oppression of blacks.
The laws are long gone, and the time for sanctions/punishment along with them.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:11 PM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
It is ridiculous to claim that an entire race is to blame for anything. Humans are guilty of bad things and it has nothing to do with their race or skin color. It's even more ridiculous to beat up on an entire race today over something in the past that they played no role in. Someone needs to get off their hate wagon in here and get a life.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
The laws are long gone, and the time for sanctions/punishment along with them.
But the damage those laws have done are alive and well. Keep in mind that citizenship is like inheritance. If you inherit an estate, you inherit the assets along with the liabilities. It's the "collateral" damage of being a citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies