Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 03:01 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times

Advertisements

Lets stop beating around the bush. Things in this country are a whole lot worse for black people than white people. That is a FACT. Black poverty is 3 times the rate of white poverty. Black unemployment is 2 times the rate of white unemployment. Black wealth is at lest 15 times less than whites. Black out of wedlock births is 3 times the rate of whites. Black homicide rates are 7 times that of whites. We know the data. Why the gaps given that blacks and whites have been in the same land for hundreds of years?

Either it is the fault of blacks or it is the fault of whites that these gaps exist. Performing and behaving worse that whites are either the “natural order” or it’s an unnatural order resulting from different experiences in degree and or kind while in these lands. Either the image of white society must suffer, in explaining this, or the image and nature of blacks must suffer. Either whites society has been morally inferior, in these lands, or blacks are intrinsically inferior. Neither group wants to accept that they are inferior in anyway. The only way that one group is off the hook is for the other group to be on the hook.

Ok. Blacks oppressed blacks. Blacks sold blacks into slavery. Some blacks owned slaves in America. However, go back in Europe you will find that whites oppressed whites and whites held other whites as indentured servants too, even here in America. So blacks oppressed blacks and whites oppressed whites, but whites oppressed blacks too…. BUT BLACKS HAVE NEVER OPPRESSED WHITES in our collective interaction and relationship. If everyone oppressed everyone equally, then it would be all offsetting and there would be racial equality today.

The reason that there are gaps between blacks and white in America is due to the fact that black society has never oppressed white society, but white society has oppressed black society. It’s obfuscation, deflection and misdirection to argue the role that blacks played in oppressing blacks, because whites played a role in oppressing whites. Every group in some way at some time has participated in intra-group oppression. That goes without saying. However, the same cannot be said for inter-racial oppression in this country. Thing are unequal because whites society oppressed black society with no offsetting of black society oppressing white society, thus, the net gain goes to white society, which created the socioeconomic and cultural differences between blacks and whites.

It must be said that we are all HUMAN and we find our self in the conditions we are because of our human nature and not color. There is nothing that whites have, intrinsically, that blacks don’t have that would make them oppressors and we not oppressors. Whites are not naturally morally inferior to blacks. There is also nothing that whites have, intrinsically, that would make them smarter, harder working, less violent or more responsible than blacks either. If we were in the shoes of whites, we would be like them and if they had to walk in our shoes they would be standing where we are today.

That being said, whites are not willing to take ownership of this truth, because they fear the perception of being seen as morally inferior and or they deny it to maintain the doctrine of white intrinsic superiority over blacks. In other words, even if white society never oppressed blacks, blacks would still have 3 times the poverty, twice the unemployment, 15 times less wealth, 7 times more homicides, etc, because it’s the natural order of “survival of the fittest” and white supremacy means whites are fitter and hence that manifest itself in superior socioeconomic statistics.

To be clear, white society not taking and denying ownership for causation can only be justified by the belief or claim that blacks are inferior to whites. There is no middle ground. In other words, one cannot say that white society caused SOME of the gap between blacks and whites…because an implicit claim of black inferiority would still account for the rest. Again, white society only taking partial claim is saying that even if white society did not oppress black society, blacks would still be poorer, more unemployed and less wealthy than whites do to the nature of who we are relative to the nature of who whites are. Thus, it’s all or nothing.

Of course I reject the fallacy of division and composition. In other words, I am not saying what is true for the whole is true of all its parts and you cannot say that what is true of a part is true for the whole in rebuttal. All whites have never been racist, to my knowledge. All white have never owned black slaves, to my knowledge. However, the fact that you never owned a slave or that you are not racist does not cancel the damage done by whites who were racist and who did own slaves.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:04 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Political correct Liberalism is to blame.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:08 PM

428 posts, read 344,263 times
Well, I'm convinced.

Where do I send the check?

Old 04-11-2015, 03:17 PM

387 posts, read 589,250 times
Politically incorrect Republicans are to blame.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:24 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
The blacks in my neighborhood are doing well.. very well in fact. I don't see a big gap in wealth ... is is all relative.

Blacks are educated, dignified and sophisticated more than many whites.. Take a look around. Many have gone to good colleges, have high paying jobs and look quite prosperous through hard work. God Bless them.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:32 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Political correct Liberalism is to blame.
There is plenty of blame to go around, but I 100% agree that PC BS is part of the problem.

When I, as a teacher, have to argue with a black student that is telling me that "hard work does not increase the chances for success" because he is black...then we have a serious problem in society.

If hard work does not increase your odds of success, due to racism, then there is no reason to work hard. Not working hard increases the odds of failure. Failure reinforces the original notion that you have been held back due to racism. It is a self-fulfilling and self-defeating prophecy.

Some of the best talent in the world goes to waste with kids (of all races) who don't try hard. Teach kids about hard work, success, perseverance - not victimhood. So many smart kids don't develop their brains the way they could IMHO.

Furthermore, PC BS, means you can't even honestly discuss the issues in the community like single parent households. Statistics say that kids in single parent households are more likely to drop out of school, wind up in prison, wind up in poverty as adults, and wind up as single moms or dead beat dads...but you can't point this out or it may offend single moms. Single mothers have a tough job, which is why we need to reinforce support for them and families.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:50 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
There is plenty of blame to go around, but I 100% agree that PC BS is part of the problem.

When I, as a teacher, have to argue with a black student that is telling me that "hard work does not increase the chances for success" because he is black...then we have a serious problem in society.

If hard work does not increase your odds of success, due to racism, then there is no reason to work hard. Not working hard increases the odds of failure. Failure reinforces the original notion that you have been held back due to racism. It is a self-fulfilling and self-defeating prophecy.

Some of the best talent in the world goes to waste with kids (of all races) who don't try hard. Teach kids about hard work, success, perseverance - not victimhood. So many smart kids don't develop their brains the way they could IMHO.

Furthermore, PC BS, means you can't even honestly discuss the issues in the community like single parent households. Statistics say that kids in single parent households are more likely to drop out of school, wind up in prison, wind up in poverty as adults, and wind up as single moms or dead beat dads...but you can't point this out or it may offend single moms. Single mothers have a tough job, which is why we need to reinforce support for them and families.
Very well said... my point although more blunt, is we have been taking the liberal approach for decades with worsening results except for a few. Al and Jesse I suppose have done very well financially.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:52 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Some of the best talent in the world goes to waste with kids (of all races) who don't try hard. Teach kids about hard work, success, perseverance - not victimhood.

But that is not the origin of the self fulfilling prophecy. You have arrived late to the chain of actions begetting reactions. What you say is true in regards to self reinforcing ones belief in racism, but that is a natural human reaction to past realities of racism. The original self reinforcing belief was RACISM. Racist employers who believed that blacks were lazy and and dumb treated them in a way that likely made blacks not want to work that hard and it gave them no incentive to use their minds to do the job better. Exploitation and denigration is not the way to get people to work harder and smarter. It has the opposite effect.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:55 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
The white race is to blame. For everything. Ok ? I don't represent any white people dead or alive, other than myself. I apologize

Old 04-11-2015, 03:56 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
It's not about blaming race. No race is to blame for any problems based on their skin color. PC Liberalism is creating problems in this country today though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies