Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 01:15 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,100,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Is there an answer here?... or any worthwhile addition to the thread?

As a self professed drug user do you dispute the premise the articles made?

As an aside... I see what I can only term mood swings by your direct responses to me...from polite to angry... does MJ help you "smooth" out? Do you find it has a calming effect upon you?.. and do you experience a ... how should I term it... a hangover of sorts when you smoke often and then stop.. and if you do.. how long does this happen and when can you gain control of your emotions again?

No attack here.. since I dont use drugs at all I am interested in the perspective of one who does use them regularly... and what..if any... negative effects upon your psyche.. you perceive heavy use has.

All the legitimate evidence I see shows heavy marijuana use and withdrawal can create temporary psychosis

Thanks for sharing...
You don't use drugs?? You don't drink coffee? Smoke cigs, drink alcohol or take prescription meds?

Did you mispeak?

I'll wait on your answer.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:52 AM

756 posts, read 831,133 times
Exclamation No, Not Necessarily:

Quote:
War on drugs?
How about war about drugs

Pro legalization folks forget that their drug ...this innocent harmless drug... causes war in other places because of the thrust to be high.

Dateline... today... which I found especially ironic because of CNN's pro mj bias
CNN report-world news
Americas legal marijuana causing thousands of deaths in South America as the market expands. Cartels vie for the lucrative marijuana trade. Mexico's president calls for continued criminalization of marijuana but realizes drug cartels will fight over the lucrative market.

Marijuana and death... the link clearly estaibilshed

People who use drugs want to dismiss their pursuit actually harms people .

Could legalized marijuana increase cartel profits, violence? | Blue Byline - The News Tribune

The real war is the one they have created.
Central America? South America? That is not surprising. It's not because of the marijuana. It is because of the people there. I would say more about them, but what I have to say is not very nice. So just stay over there having your nice little war there and every thing will be just fine here.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:54 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,075,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You don't use drugs?? You don't drink coffee? Smoke cigs, drink alcohol or take prescription meds?

Did you mispeak?

I'll wait on your answer.
And I'll be polite and share ... perhaps you'll return the courtesy

No...no...no..yuck no..no...and yes... when deployed overseas one has to take meds to prevent malaria and some pretty nasty diseases... but for the last couple of years no...let me add one more... otcs.... no

OK.. I have shared... your turn...

Sorry about posting south vs central ... since proponents hang on my every word...but I would imagine there is brisk mj growing in s.a. that makes its way to the US too.

Again...there were articles provided.. there were facts presented .. argue those .. the sources were generally liberal sources .

Then the thread shifted courtesy of the proponents...and more questions were asked...more hypothesis were proposed...

Out of that comes ... simply ...by several players ...insults..
Is this the face of marijuana in our country? Is this what is created when non users disagree with those whose agenda is pro pot? In my experience yes... which is one more reason to not trust users in anything they say...

From the articles we learned people are dying at an astounding rate to provide marijuana to the thristy culture of pot

We learned from the investigative reporting by a local Colorado newspaper that mj has not been the success it is touted to be by proponents

We observed the actual statements and behaviors of users.. from admitting to being high at work in a critical job... with an exclamation they actually had better peformance with pot than without it... to the deflection when questioned whether the American tax payer should pay for people who are high...lose motivation and collect welfare and social benefits. I don't see that anywhere in any law... or enumerated right.
Finally.. as unfortunately it seems in any thread about drugs.. especially marijuana .. that proponents users.. and addicted users of mj the thread degrades to non factual and emotional tear sessions.

The op premise of this thread then... stands

Was the mj you potentially used today worth the life of another...it appears
.. yes

Old 04-15-2015, 06:20 AM

4,321 posts, read 5,122,050 times
Quote:
Was the mj you potentially used today worth the life of another...it appears
.. yes
But you have no perspective. My car, i-phone, computer, the burgers I eat, my garments, my sneakers, etal., all contribute to problems in the world. Pollution, environmental degredation, child labor, even my financial institutions are surely at least indirectly laundering drug money.

Let me visit your home and point out all the suffering and degredation your stuff and lifestyle is contributing to.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:24 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,959,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonGecko View Post
Marijuana is an inanimate plant. It isn't causing ANYTHING.

The illegality in most places in the US DOES create a demand for illicit traffic in marijuana.

Because this demand is being met by criminals (instead of people growing their own or being able to buy legally produced marijuana from a dispensary), there is criminal activity surrounding the production of marijuana. This has allowed the drug cartels to become as powerful in Mexico as the Mafia grew to be here during Prohibition.

Once prohibition was lifted for alcohol (but not for marijuana), the violent criminal activity surrounding its illegal production and distribution dried up overnight.

The same will happen once marijuana is legal all over the country, and its starting to happen now.

This will cause a spate of drug cartels desperately fighting each other and the police for a bigger piece of the shrinking pie of illegal marijuana supply and distribution.

The same thing happened right after prohibition was lifted, and then it stopped.

So - the way to bring down the drug cartel's involvement with marijuana is OBVIOUSLY to legalize it here so that the illegal trade will be cut off in favor of locally, legally grown product.

The way to INCREASE drug cartel violence and perpetuate their hold on Mexican lives and politics - is to keep it illegal in this country so there is continued, lucrative demand for their product.

If you are in favor of continuing marijuana prohibition in this country, you are supporting the continued reign of terror of the drug cartels throughout Central America, and parts of the USA as well. You might as well be a criminal yourself.

Quite correct on all of this! But obviously there is still a segment of our society that has not learned from the history of the failures of prohibition, which has caused more harm to innocent people here, and in Latin America than the actual substances themselves! B-b-but the cartels will just move on to something else! GOOD! LET THEM! At least we won't continue prosecuting people and ruining their lives for consuming a plant!

Old 04-15-2015, 07:40 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,716,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonGecko View Post
So - the way to bring down the drug cartel's involvement with marijuana is OBVIOUSLY
to legalize it here so that the illegal trade will be cut off in favor of locally, legally grown product.

The way to INCREASE drug cartel violence and perpetuate their hold on Mexican lives and politics -
is to keep it illegal in this country so there is continued, lucrative demand for their product.
There is an in-between stage to be careful about as well: Too High Prices.

The pseudo-legal approach (eg CO, WA) of too tight a hand on growers and distributors
tends to support black market level prices. Those polices will NOT work in the long term.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:25 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,261,506 times
Quote:
How about reducing the overarching problem by addressing the root cause... human desire... bam... problems solved...
Oh, you've figured out how to mind control people into not desiring a relaxing or stimulating altered state of mind, something that appears to be inherent to the species and which may have been key to our development?

How are you going to implement this suppression of human desire, more D.A.R.E. programs? Or something more overarching?

Control, control, control. It's really all about control with people like you isn't it?
Quote:
...remember they are both poisons...
I remember you have an aggressively controlling agenda and like to use sensational terminology such as "poison."

Old 04-15-2015, 08:50 AM

50,470 posts, read 36,126,975 times
Quote:
Is there an answer here?... or any worthwhile addition to the thread?

As a self professed drug user do you dispute the premise the articles made?

As an aside... I see what I can only term mood swings by your direct responses to me...from polite to angry... does MJ help you "smooth" out? Do you find it has a calming effect upon you?.. and do you experience a ... how should I term it... a hangover of sorts when you smoke often and then stop.. and if you do.. how long does this happen and when can you gain control of your emotions again?

No attack here.. since I dont use drugs at all I am interested in the perspective of one who does use them regularly... and what..if any... negative effects upon your psyche.. you perceive heavy use has.

All the legitimate evidence I see shows heavy marijuana use and withdrawal can create temporary psychosis

Thanks for sharing...
This is pure B.S. We have been giving you our perspective and you dismiss it out of hand every time.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:58 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,261,506 times
Quote:

Quote:
Perhaps you would like to answer the above questions.. and share your own experience with drugs and how use is working for you in your life?... no pressure... just a question
Off topic for sure, but I have no problem straying off.

Cannabis can have a calming effect, yes. Especially the strain I have this year. The stuff I had last year (tiny amount that lasted a year) was much more of the stimulating and energizing variety however. I preferred it.

I'm a pretty mellow fellow anyway. I go with the flow. I don't really experience "mood swings" anymore (I'm 40). There's no hangover. There's no withdrawal. There are no negative effects on my psyche. Lol at "gaining control of my emotions again."

Cannabis is a wonderful addition to my life. I don't use it very often. That's just me. Last year I would use it every month to three months, but use a lot of it at the time, and enjoy activities such as painting, drawing, meditating, yoga, playing guitar, listening to music on my audiophile system in the sweet spot with my eyes closed, writing, and reading. Very therapeutic! Just enjoyed the heck out of it.

This year I've changed my usage pattern a bit. I use a bit more frequently, about every two weeks, but just small amounts (and it's a very different strain). I've started dating a wonderful woman (actually we're practically living together now) and we mainly use it as an enhancement to sex.

Using cannabis and trying psychedelics and dissociatives and empathogens over the last couple of years has been one of the best ventures I've ever made. Some really captivating, eye-opening, life-affirming (though not always immediately pleasant) experiences that I wouldn't trade for anything!

If I had to point to two reasons or two areas where cannabis is full of awesome in my life, it would be A) music and B) sex / orgasms.

The effect on music is startling and palpable. Instrument separation is enhanced. The ability to follow a certain thread of sound (when listening to well-recorded and mastered music on a really good system) is something I truly wish EVERYONE could experience. Sounds have more texture, notes have more weight, lyrics (if present) carry meanings that intertwine with the music in delicious ways. And the closed-eye visuals! Ohhh my gawd the visuals. Again, I'm by no means a pusher of drugs but this stuff has to be experienced to be believed. I love it.

The effect on physical intimacy I think is well-documented, but let me just reiterate: cannabis, at least for me, can enhance the emotional closeness, the feelings of merging bodies and minds, the raw sensory stimulation of sex, and of course orgasms while a little high are mind-flayingly intense!

So, in conclusion, no problems, only a force for good in my life.

But let me also mention that my views on legalization, the War on Drugs, SWAT raids, Cannabis Eradication Army of the Elite Commandos, etc. exist separately from my usage of any particular molecules.

Last edited by Nepenthe; 04-15-2015 at 09:09 AM..

Old 04-15-2015, 09:26 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,075,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This is pure B.S. We have been giving you our perspective and you dismiss it out of hand every time.

So far Nep is the only person that accurately describes what it means to him/her what its like to be high,,,in the global sense

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.